Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Details for Vayama Booking 14,922 MQM, $0.035CP-MQM

Originally Posted by LGA
Look at Memorial Day weekend.
To provide some details, here is a screenshot from My Delta page which shows the flight. I purchased this itinerary through vayama yesterday, and it showed up immediately in My Trips on Delta.com. The ticket was purchased for $517.36. The Delta portion of the flights (JFK-SEA-KIX-SEA-JFK) are T fares, while the All Nippon Airways is an H fare, and Japan Air is booked in G. The MQM pulled from this flight for Delta is 14922 at a CPM of $0.035 each. There are miles to be had from the Osaka-Tokyo legs but not with Skyteam.

This is my first post here, but long time reader. Thought this was finally something worth sharing. If anyone else is booked for that memorial day weekend, drop me a line.
Old May 3, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, HH Gold, CC Gold, AMB
Which Farecode is it? TRXDLSL?
Old May 3, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by texmex
Which Farecode is it? TRXDLSL?
The farecode for each flight is TRXNYSL.
Old May 3, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
I am NOT happy with Vayama right now.... ;-)
Old May 3, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, HH Gold, CC Gold, AMB
I can't find the fare on the matrix
Old May 3, 2012, 3:28 pm

boooo

Got the dreaded email from vayama. BOOOOOO!!!
Old May 3, 2012, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyforfun247
sheeesh! when it rains, it pours.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL-KRYPTONIUM, DL-PM, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Silver, Hyatt Plat.
Originally Posted by jmoore2333
To provide some details... If anyone else is booked for that memorial day weekend, drop me a line.

I'm booked on those flights leaving NYC 5/24 Returning 5/28. It'll be good to have some flyertalkers on the flight -- Everyone else would think we are crazy!... Has anyone figured out their hotel accomodations yet?

Here are my seats:
nyc-sea 24f
sea-kix 26G
kix-sea 27F
sea-NYC 23F

Anyone know if there is a Skyteam or Delta lounge that we can use in Osaka?

Last edited by Josephmay; May 3, 2012 at 4:12 pm Reason: Skyclub Question
Old May 3, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: JGC
Originally Posted by flyforfun247
Has Vayama cancelled the ticket
Old May 3, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL-KRYPTONIUM, DL-PM, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Silver, Hyatt Plat.
Originally Posted by peachfront
OK, final update for the night...whewwwww. We have a winner. Trip is booked!!! Sanity prevailed and I decided I could not really afford the two week trip I was talking about but I have at least grabbed a few days. I got the $517 price and assume I will only earn miles on the DL coded portion, JFK-KIX and back...but it's still a nice chewy chunk.

Have not visited Tokyo before, only Nagoya and Kyoto. Leaving JFK on May 24, Leaving Tokyo on May 29. Will likely spend a couple, three days in NYC on either end of the trip to spend some of that Delta voucher I didn't spend at Vayama. Anyone want to meet up or recommend an airbnb, let me know!!!

Getting excited now. A bit pooped. Will book the positioning flights to NYC later or tomorrow.

Thanks to the OP, you are my hero of the day.
Sign up for a United account and have the NH flights credited there. Same goes if you chose any JAL segments credit them to AAdvantage or other Oneworld carriers.
Old May 3, 2012, 5:23 pm

Deal looks Dead....

Originally Posted by mitsou_jpn
Has Vayama cancelled the ticket:confused:
Just Received the following Email.....

Dear Vayama Customer ,

We recently received your online booking request. Quality control has determined that your booking could not be processed at the fare that was originally quoted. Unfortunately, the airline was unable to accept the fare that was quoted earlier and as a result, your reservation has been canceled. Per our terms and conditions, airfares and reservations are not guaranteed until tickets are issued.

We encourage you to select another option that meets your travel needs. However, do not select the same flight option that you just attempted to book as this will just lead to another canceled booking. If you have any questions please feel free to respond to this email and we will get back to you generally within 24 hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,

Vayama Customer Care Team

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Well I'm totally bummed....
Old May 3, 2012, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Vay has been very naughty this week.
Old May 3, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
What recourse do we have if we've already booked other arrangements? What constitutes ticketed?
Old May 3, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Michael, you are ticketed if you got the SECOND email from Vayama called, Vayama Ticket Confirmation/Receipt‏.
Old May 3, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by peachfront
Michael, you are ticketed if you got the SECOND email from Vayama called, Vayama Ticket Confirmation/Receipt‏.
Woohoo!! Thanks. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.