Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
More interesting is the BE cabin seat assignments--
16JUN DTW-HND is showing 36/43 BE seats as available, and those 7 "sold" seats probably include a few blocked for gate use, as well as an award ticket or two!
23JUN HND-DTW is showing 37/43 seats available. Edited to add: Entire Row 2 of BE is unavailable; I'd guess those are blocked, and unsold!
And that, in a nutshell, would explain DL's filing. Hope it gets rejected, as my choices ex-MSP will likely be:
MSP-NRT nonstop on an oooooldddd 747
MSP-LAX-HND with 4 hours in LAX, and only 5488 Double miles vs. DTW's 6400....
Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by mot29
Interesting news. I'm outbound on the LAX flight on 6/27 and EF is showing 9 across the classes, seat map is showing a pretty full plane except for EC and the priority seats.
My return is to DTW on 7/11 and EF is showing 9 across all classes but whole rows across the back empty.
If they shut it down -- they might put me on the LAX flight 6 hours earlier and I can save a night in Tokyo? Or the afternoon NRt flights and get home a day later?
Might suggest an oversell and an opup opportunity?
If rebooked to the NRT flight, or even the LAX flight -- request original routing credit to pick up the double miles HND-DTW (6427 base) instead of HND-LAX (5488 base)? Will be a question for me flying from DCA -- looks like DCA-DTW-LAX-HND (for a diamond with the new flight bonus) is 23414 flight miles and 7967 EQMs and DCA-DTW-HND is 23626 flight miles and 6927 EQMs. The extra EQMs make it worth while for me to just accept the rebooking. (My calculations may be off.)
Just FYI, the fine print on the Double Miles promos states that only the Haneda-XXX flight is eligible for the Double; not domestic connecting flights. So if your math includes that, then it's correct.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Just FYI, the fine print on the Double Miles promos states that only the Haneda-XXX flight is eligible for the Double; not domestic connecting flights. So if your math includes that, then it's correct.
Yes I only included the double on the XXX-HND-XXX segments. For me the extra EQMs for the extra US segments are almost worth more than doubling for DTW.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Let's hope it ain't so. I'm leaving from Burbank (LAX area) to Detroit to connect to the Haneda flight (and reverse) in order to maximize my miles over the July 4 weekend.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
Let's hope it ain't so. I'm leaving from Burbank (LAX area) to Detroit to connect to the Haneda flight (and reverse) in order to maximize my miles over the July 4 weekend.
In the event you are rerouted, IIRC you can request original mileage credit.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 9:14 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for the DOT to reply to DL's request? I'm supposed to be on the first outbound flight ex-DTW on June 16th, which is fast approaching...
If I stay with MSP-DTW-HND, I will need a hotel on 6/17 but arrive super late.
If I end up going MSP-LAX-HND, then I won't need a hotel on the 17th, since I'd arrive the 18th at 5AM.
If they put me on MSP-NRT nonstop direct, I will arrive to NRT around 5pm the 17th, and could stay out at NRT or come into town...
Thanks for any input!
Old Jun 6, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just saw the LAX-HND flight is way late today, and HND-LAX for today seems to be cancelled. Wondering if any MR/other flyers were affected and how (so I know what to do just in case I am affected this weekend...)
Old Jun 6, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

My itinerary shows:

24 Jul 2011 HND 1 Stop
9:00pm
JFK 12:15am
LAX LAX 55m layover
Terminal 5 DL 2263
1:10am
LAX 4:55am
HND DL 635
You may miss this flight
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: Down to silver.....
anbhc-

FYI, went this weekend, and HND flight was from other terminal, pretty decent hike.

Started boarding almost an hour pre flight

Anyone figure out why last nights flight back was canceled? The logistics on that makes my head hurt, right now that is the only DL flight in and out of that place.

MRM
Old Jun 7, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL-PM/SC; UA-1K; HH Diamond
When I arrived in LA last night, I noticed the HND flight was delayed until 9:30 this morning.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
My understanding is that The 777 is shared between the LAX-HND and the HND-DTW. (Or was it the other way around? DTW-HND, HND-LAX?) So basically, if there is a delay/problem with one flight, the other is directly affected.

There is a recent thread about the DTW-HND route on the delta forum.

I have Jul1-9 DTW-LAX-HND-LAX-DTW coming up, and I haven't made ANY plans yet... So I'm watching closely as well. As a diamond, I already have an economy comfort seat reserved, but is hoping for an OP-UP (of course!).
Old Jun 8, 2011, 7:42 am

Any more news on the possible cancellations of DTW-HND.
Delta.com is still showing the flights, but only in you search on schedule. If you search on price, only the LAX connections show up.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by chunky649
My understanding is that The 777 is shared between the LAX-HND and the HND-DTW. (Or was it the other way around? DTW-HND, HND-LAX?) So basically, if there is a delay/problem with one flight, the other is directly affected.

There is a recent thread about the DTW-HND route on the delta forum.

I have Jul1-9 DTW-LAX-HND-LAX-DTW coming up, and I haven't made ANY plans yet... So I'm watching closely as well. As a diamond, I already have an economy comfort seat reserved, but is hoping for an OP-UP (of course!).
We have July 1-11 LAX-HND-LAX. We might be on the same flight on LAX-HND.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 8:12 am

I'm spending two weeks in Japan on this trip --
wanted to pass along the following -- http://www.tokyofreeguide.com/
I posted my interests about a week ago and have heard back with two offers, including one two visit a small town in the Tokyo suburbs, described by JNTO as "A town exactly like a toy box."
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Have the seats been full or empty on the Haneda flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.