Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL Plat
I'll be there July 4th weekend like others. Arrive Friday night 7/1 and leave Tuesday morning 7/5. I'm going alone and single, so if you're interested in meeting up for a meal/drinks, feel free to shoot me a PM. Look forward to it!
Old May 18, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: Delta, AirTran, Marriott
Next time then! I'll def be looking out for routes from JAX or when I am teaching in Ohio from DAY, CVG etc.
Thanks for all the advice I have read about.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Hilton HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MVA2001
Lets kick up the discussion on what to do for 20 hours in Tokyo, what the options are.....
I'm doing DTW-LAX-HND-LAX-IND-DTW on June 3-6, which leaves Sunday, June 5 as my day in Japan. I'm taking in a baseball game, Yokohama BayStars to be precise. Great fun, pretty cheap, and if I need a snooz, well, I can think of worse places to do so. All the games on Sundays are in the afternoon, so you can always see Tokyo in the morning, baseball in the afternoon, sushi dinner, and then back to HND for the flight. To me, a fine way to spend a Sunday.

Cheers,

TF
Old May 18, 2011, 11:10 pm

Programs: Down to silver.....
My buddy and i are on those flights i believe

You going with Aisle or window in EC ?

I dont have any experience with EC yet, so i dont know if they fill up pre flight or no. empty middle seat and id love a window, full row and id want an aisle

However planes are 30% full, could always just grab a row behind us

could always upgrade Medallions to biz so the FA's can get back in the swing of things, and keep them busy..........

Up front is a ghost town.....

cant stress enough how worthless i am without sleep, but too good of a deal to pass up with the promos

Last edited by MVA2001; May 18, 2011 at 11:26 pm
Old May 18, 2011, 11:25 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
just snagged two ec seats on 6/29 - 7/5

Last edited by 3xter; May 18, 2011 at 11:33 pm
Old May 19, 2011, 1:00 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
DL: DTW-HND $579 a/i 4.5cpm

any reasonable priced recommended hotels close to haneda airport
Old May 19, 2011, 1:42 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by anbhc
any reasonable priced recommended hotels close to haneda airport
Try Rakuten: http://travel.rakuten.com/

(search Japan > Central Tokyo > Shinagawa, Meguro, Haneda)
Old May 19, 2011, 6:52 am

DL635 June 3

Hi Guys,
I am also taking advantage of this deal. OKC-SLC-LAS-LAX-HND-LAX-SLC-OKC. I'm on the June 3rd DL 635 from LAX and returning on the June 5 DL 636. My one day in HND is Saturday, June 4. Anyone else going on these dates? OKC is not my home base but this is where I will be for a couple of weeks!
Old May 19, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
2 of us decided to go IAH-DTW-HND and return the last weekend in July (Fri PM to Tue AM) It looks like that Monday the 21st is Marine Day in Japan.
Anyone else headed there towards the end of the timeline?

The planes are way empty (there is not one person in BE), so I wonder how that would work (I'm sure some buddy pass folks will jump on that opportunity)
Old May 19, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by A5Globetrotter
MarkCron - was in same boat as you, but does it really make sense to bump up to Platinum? Seems like the differences between Gold and Platinum are near nothing and I don't want to start with 1000 rollovers instead of 12k (or 15k).

I wish we could rollover more miles and have three years at Gold via rollovers rather than 2 years at Platinum...
A5, Just getting back to this. It might not make sense to do this "just" to bump to Plat. I'll have plenty of rollover miles by the end of the year. I was just noting that this is the trip that will tip me ovr Plat threshold.
Old May 19, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
DL: DTW-HND $579 a/i 4.5cpm

Anyone know the cost of getting from Haneda to Narita airport by train and the schedule? Arriving at 4:55am in Haneda on Sunday July 24th and departing on Monday July 25th at 6:55am and would prefer to stay in Narita for the day
Old May 19, 2011, 10:44 am

I am not finding any dates out of Chicago. This is dead right. I was able to find dates a couple of days ago.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by Exbauer
I am not finding any dates out of Chicago. This is dead right. I was able to find dates a couple of days ago.
Seriously??, you have not read any of the previous 20 post of this thread?
Old May 19, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yuel
Seriously??, you have not read any of the previous 20 post of this thread?
Not to mention the better the deal, the faster it disappears usual. The best deals, you book and think later if you want to get in on it before it's pulled. Who the hell look up the deal, disappears for 2 days and come back to try to book it?
Old May 19, 2011, 11:42 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I first saw this deal posted as a friends status who is an american working in Japan, teaching English. It was his Facebook status yesterday morning. He is not a frequent flyer by any means.

His status was "If anyone wants to explore the other side of the world and SEE ME this summer, go to Delta.com RIGHT NOW! ALL FLIGHTS to Tokyo Haneda airport are under $600 ROUND TRIP through the end of July. COME VISIT ME!"

Clearly this deal blew up much quicker and beyond Flyertalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.