Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by travfar
You knew what? As reported by the other poster who correct himself, it's not dead. It's just that it's sold out on certain flights for certain days. That happens. I did mention that flights don't have infinite seats before right? Have you ever booked a plane ticket?
It is not dead. The flight dates times mentioned by the OP from DTW are available in T at that price.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
It is not dead. The flight dates times mentioned by the OP from DTW are available in T at that price.
just booked from NYC from 29 jun till 5 jul any plat or diamonds willing to add me to itineraries for complimentary comfort economy.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
great
Old May 18, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by eykramer
just booked from NYC from 29 jun till 5 jul any plat or diamonds willing to add me to itineraries for complimentary comfort economy.
You can't add someone to your itinerary after you are booked. You can only split PNRs, not combine them unfortunately
Old May 18, 2011, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johndadevski
It's gone Chicago shows at $1347
Anecdotal data is not usually useful. Not dead.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
You can't add someone to your itinerary after you are booked. You can only split PNRs, not combine them unfortunately
my companion traveler is a klm plat so maybe a chance there. If it counts I'm up for a get together july 4th weekend.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
I'm going, for $589:
6/23 DTW-LAX-HND (arrive 4:55AM)
6/26 HND-DTW 9depart 6:55AM)
This will get me Platinum.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL, BA
Originally Posted by kham080877
Just got in guys, from SFO-LAX-HND-LAX-SFO at $586. Note this is over 4th of July weekend leaving friday night back by monday night so no vacation required.

I'll be by myself hanging out so if anyone is going and wants to meet up for a drink and joint sightsee PM me...

Good luck to all and thanks for posting. First MR of the year.
Sent you a PM. I purchased for the same LAX-HND-LAX routing which has time 4:35am-12:30am on Sunday to wander around. Considering cancelling since my MR partner opted out, but hey meeting new people is a good thing right?
Old May 18, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
MarkCron - was in same boat as you, but does it really make sense to bump up to Platinum? Seems like the differences between Gold and Platinum are near nothing and I don't want to start with 1000 rollovers instead of 12k (or 15k).

I wish we could rollover more miles and have three years at Gold via rollovers rather than 2 years at Platinum...
Old May 18, 2011, 12:44 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Anyone taking this deal on the weekend of 6/17 - 6/20?
Old May 18, 2011, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by A5Globetrotter
MarkCron - was in same boat as you, but does it really make sense to bump up to Platinum? Seems like the differences between Gold and Platinum are near nothing and I don't want to start with 1000 rollovers instead of 12k (or 15k).

I wish we could rollover more miles and have three years at Gold via rollovers rather than 2 years at Platinum...
I know this conversation is all over the Delta forum as well but:
Unlimited Award Redeposits for Plat ($150 for Gold) - this right here make it worth it
Better UG %
Free Economy Comfort selections
Choice Benefit
Those right there are the things that would make me say that the differences are way more than "near nothing". But, to each his own. Not to mention, this is only 5 months into the year, plenty of time to pad the rollover.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Anyone taking this deal on the weekend of 6/17 - 6/20?
I need to make sure my parents are out of town that weekend (it's fathers day) and will find out tonight. If they are, I am booking it. I should be able to make diamond by the end of the year and if not I will have enough roll over miles to ensure Platnium next year for another year.
Old May 18, 2011, 1:08 pm

No longer showing up on ITA, so I would imagine it is gone. Good job everyone!
Old May 18, 2011, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by runfit
No longer showing up on ITA, so I would imagine it is gone. Good job everyone!
I second that. It's gone. As the OP I didn't book! (I am also looking at staying under the Platinum threshold this year, and it would have pushed me over.)
Old May 18, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL-PM/SC; UA-1K; HH Diamond
This stinks. I called "the boss" to see what weekend was best, came back and it is gone! bummer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.