FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm
Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:06 am
kyushuman

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by mot29
Interesting news. I'm outbound on the LAX flight on 6/27 and EF is showing 9 across the classes, seat map is showing a pretty full plane except for EC and the priority seats.
My return is to DTW on 7/11 and EF is showing 9 across all classes but whole rows across the back empty.
If they shut it down -- they might put me on the LAX flight 6 hours earlier and I can save a night in Tokyo? Or the afternoon NRt flights and get home a day later?
Might suggest an oversell and an opup opportunity?
If rebooked to the NRT flight, or even the LAX flight -- request original routing credit to pick up the double miles HND-DTW (6427 base) instead of HND-LAX (5488 base)? Will be a question for me flying from DCA -- looks like DCA-DTW-LAX-HND (for a diamond with the new flight bonus) is 23414 flight miles and 7967 EQMs and DCA-DTW-HND is 23626 flight miles and 6927 EQMs. The extra EQMs make it worth while for me to just accept the rebooking. (My calculations may be off.)
Just FYI, the fine print on the Double Miles promos states that only the Haneda-XXX flight is eligible for the Double; not domestic connecting flights. So if your math includes that, then it's correct.