Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA MR Needed? A stranded traveler story...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1MM; Marriott Platinum

Was 93.1K before booking and flying the first leg of a LAX-DFW-DCA roundtrip that would provide 7, 340 miles with the LASF2 promotion.

Before heading to the airport yesterday to jump on the return leg, I was contacted by AA and told that my flight was canx'd. I was offered a series of return flights - none of them routed through DFW.

So....My account shows 78,500 miles (still waiting for RDU DEQM miles to hit). If I don't go back through DFW and am not given no LASF2 credit by AA, I will end the year at 97,800 miles (when the RDU DEQM miles hit). If I am granted one leg of the LASF2, I will be at 99,035. If I am granted both LASF2 legs, I will be at 100,417.

I tried calling the EXP CS reps yesterday and was passed through to AAdvantage desk. I was told my case needed to be passed to someone at a higher level and that I would be called back. No call yet received.

Wondering if I will need to scramble for a last minute MR (not sure if I will be able to do it) to take me over the top or if AA will grant me full LASF2 credit.

I am sure with the experience on this board, some of you have thoughts/advice.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 6:33 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
send a request to aadvantage customer service w/ the info & request original routing credit....you will get the eqm/rdm that would have accrued from your ticket....it has has happened to me & it was fixed....good luck..
Old Dec 28, 2010, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks, clacko.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 6:42 am

do just as clocko said. I had that happen to me earlier while on a RDU MR. spoke to them, didn't email, but either or should work and i got the DEQM without taking the last leg.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you. I will follow up yesterday's phone call with an email to be sure.

Appreciate it!

-b
Old Jan 2, 2011, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by bhndrxn
Thanks to both of you. I will follow up yesterday's phone call with an email to be sure.

Appreciate it!

-b
Did you hear back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.