Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Old Nov 20, 10, 5:08 pm
  #1621  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: YYC - not the centre of the universe
Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Posts: 4,744
yeah but it still worked - i booked a yyz-ewr with the hostel in NY and it worked
jlisi984 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:08 pm
  #1622  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16
Angry

... and I'm still on the phone, and now he says he cannot cancel unless I have $300 more available in my credit card!

They first charged ~350, (which should be only 98). Never posted a 300 refund. Ok. Now in order to cancel the guy said he needs to charge 300 in my credit card (that has only 150 left now) and then credit a refund!!!

I foresee loosing money (and good part of my Saturday today).

Oh, lovely, now the call was just cut!!!
Katemari is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:08 pm
  #1623  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Posts: 1,131
Originally Posted by atomicc8 View Post
I am staying at the Choco Hostel on the 2-3 Dec! I am going to check in and if its a dive as much as the reviews say so move to the YHA!
I booked last night for 2 Dec and opted for The Jane hotel instead (which still came in under $300). I thought it would be pretty bleak there so used another booking (with cheaper flights) to upgrade to a better hotel. Actually the reviews of The Jane don't look as bad as I thought they would be although I guess I'll never know now.

It looks like there are quite a few of us there at the start of December.
where2travel is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:09 pm
  #1624  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: YYC - not the centre of the universe
Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Posts: 4,744
hehehe - the woes of free stuff.
I'll live through that soon too!
jlisi984 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:09 pm
  #1625  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 107
damn, after almost 2hr on hold, they disconnected me without a sound, damn
lichenlt is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:10 pm
  #1626  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: YYC - not the centre of the universe
Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Posts: 4,744
very funny reading on this thread...
jlisi984 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:10 pm
  #1627  
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BWI
Posts: 7,341
Originally Posted by johndeere19 View Post
At least its fresh...
The reviews seem to disagree!

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldet...New-York/34602

"Dirty and unsafe, no warm feeling. Unfriendly staff. Smelly and no control. "

"the towels were dingy and there was a roach in my room. the last day of my stay the bathroom had no toilet tissue ALL day. Sheets left me feeling "Itchy"."

"one day I got to see a rat inside the room"

I think I am gonna no-show...
golfingboy is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:10 pm
  #1628  
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 494
Originally Posted by Katemari View Post
... and I'm still on the phone, and now he says he cannot cancel unless I have $300 more available in my credit card!

They first charged ~350, (which should be only 98). Never posted a 300 refund. Ok. Now in order to cancel the guy said he needs to charge 300 in my credit card (that has only 150 left now) and then credit a refund!!!

I foresee loosing money (and good part of my Saturday today).

Oh, lovely, now the call was just cut!!!
Oh Ya!!!
ngupta is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:11 pm
  #1629  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: YYC - not the centre of the universe
Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Posts: 4,744
Do any of you know if it's OK just to no-show the flights? I mean the airline shouldn't charge you, expedia.ca shouldn't, right?
jlisi984 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:11 pm
  #1630  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,102
Originally Posted by jason8612 View Post
ewr incl hotels isnt nyc
I have flights to and from EWR . . . if you just enter "NYC" when booking, it should shuffle all the airport combos for you.

Man, I sure HOPE that Expedia doesn't cancel it. That flight's for a med school interview .
PanHam is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:11 pm
  #1631  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 3,249
Originally Posted by golfingboy View Post
Sheets left me feeling "Itchy"."
Hooray for scabies!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scabies
lobo411 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:11 pm
  #1632  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: YYC - not the centre of the universe
Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Posts: 4,744
Originally Posted by PanHam View Post
I have flights to and from EWR . . . if you just enter "NYC" when booking, it should shuffle all the airport combos for you.

Man, I sure HOPE that Expedia doesn't cancel it. That flight's for a med school interview .
+1
jlisi984 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:12 pm
  #1633  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: BWI DCA IAD
Programs: AA Platinum
Posts: 51
Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (still available, new terms)

All my tickets are ticketed by AA and I have all the confirmation. Expedia just deleted all of my IT's and sent me an email with bogus departure date.
glewin is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:12 pm
  #1634  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 3,249
Originally Posted by PanHam View Post
I have flights to and from EWR . . . if you just enter "NYC" when booking, it should shuffle all the airport combos for you.

Man, I sure HOPE that Expedia doesn't cancel it. That flight's for a med school interview .
Why on earth would you be so cheap on something so important? Are you counting on finding a suit at Ross in Newark 5 mins before the interview as well?
lobo411 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 10, 5:13 pm
  #1635  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MEL
Programs: AA Gold, VA Plat, A3 Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by where2travel View Post
I booked last night for 2 Dec and opted for The Jane hotel instead (which still came in under $300). I thought it would be pretty bleak there so used another booking (with cheaper flights) to upgrade to a better hotel. Actually the reviews of The Jane don't look as bad as I thought they would be although I guess I'll never know now.

It looks like there are quite a few of us there at the start of December.

Bleak indeed but at least it should be quiet, fully booked with no showing FT's.
atomicc8 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread