Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I have also contacted "the advocate" as linked above. Thank you for providing his contact information.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
In past cases, when airlines are taken to task over their unilateral actions, things usually change quite quickly. Rather like turning the kitchen like and seeing the roaches scattering when the light is turned on.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Having no horse in this race, but involved in several other similar fares, the fact there's any kind of option besides, "Sorry, we don't owe you anything" is halfway decent. The BA US-India fares resulted first in no recompense and BA finally relented with a near useless offer of a very restricted $300 credit (only on flights to India and only within a certain timeframe). The 3 options presented seem actually usable.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by huntk
I decided to be the volunteer and contact the news room editor (name left out). I provided her with my initial booking & confirmation email, first email received by Hawaiian, second email from Hawaiian, my response to the second email, a link to this forum, and my contact information, as well as a brief synopsis of the situation. We'll see what happens.
Great. I'm going to hold off then; better to give her a chance at an exclusive instead of muddying the waters for her. Let's see how that goes. Keep us posted. Next up, I think we should try the AP.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by psyflyer

1)$600 voucher per ticket to be used on HA metal

2)Biz class seat on HA new route: ICN-HNL (then onto LAS) which starts in mid-january

3)1 free round trip coach redemption between hawaii-transpac (anywhere HI flys) or mainland-hawaii

Supplemental:
#1 and 3 can be used for yourself only. It can not be transferred.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Prem Plat
Just pulled up my reservation and saw that I still am booked on the original flights (ICN-HNL-LAS on Sept. 11/12), but that I'm also now booked from ICN-LAX-LAS on Sept. 11 in Y all on HA metal. After receiving the e-mail from HA saying that my "final" option was to travel on the original dates in Y, I replied back that I didn't feel that was acceptable as I had booked a non-refundable J ticket that was active for four days and that I even spoke directly with HA and KE agents when confirming seats, etc.). I did offer what I feel is an acceptable arrangement for me to downgrade to Y on those flights, but I have not heard back from HA yet (two days and counting). Anyone else in a similar position? Somewhat frustrating as I already have some non-refundable components built into this trip, and would like to finish hotel reservations, etc. Thoughts/input appreciated, either here or via PM.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by joker545
...I replied back that I didn't feel that was acceptable as I had booked a non-refundable J ticket that was active for four days and that I even spoke directly with HA and KE agents when confirming seats, etc.).
While the deal was active?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Prem Plat
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
While the deal was active?
Nope, after I had already received a phone call saying the ticket was invalid (~one week after purchasing the ticket). I'm surprised this thread has been so quite the past few days....are the offers people are getting include a hush clause?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 6:01 pm

I'm surprised this thread has been so quite the past few days....are the offers people are getting include a hush clause?
No hush clause for me. In fact, my trip has not been changed in any way and I haven't talked with them. However, my trip is well into 2011 and I'm afraid they're going to change it by then, so I'm wondering whether I should give them a call soon. I have received the e-mail and the snail mail telling my trip is invalid...
Old Aug 6, 2010, 6:06 pm

I'm also now booked from ICN-LAX-LAS on Sept. 11 in Y all on HA metal.
IIRC, HA is not going to start flying to ICN until after mid January of 2011. I'm not sure how you could be booked on HA metal in Sept. May be you meant KE metal?

I did offer what I feel is an acceptable arrangement for me to downgrade to Y on those flights
Looks like you got what you wanted right? Your flights are booked in Y, are they not?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by koroleon
No hush clause for me. In fact, my trip has not been changed in any way and I haven't talked with them. However, my trip is well into 2011 and I'm afraid they're going to change it by then, so I'm wondering whether I should give them a call soon. I have received the e-mail and the snail mail telling my trip is invalid...
You should keep your mouth shut. In cases like this, a few people often slip through the cracks (the recent QF mistake fare comes to mind). I'm not guaranteeing smooth sailing at the airport by any means, but if you manage to go unnoticed until flight time, your chances of flying are good, doubly so if you can do OLCI.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 1:54 pm

Just got a 2nd phone call from HA.
The number they left can't be used from Canada.
Oh well. I'm in no rush to call them back.
My cc hasn't been refunded, and my itinerary hasn't been changed.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC*P, SPG
HA called again (their first call went to VM last week) and same three options were presented. Can't remember if it was noted already, but the $600 voucher is only valid until May 31, 2011.

Told them that none of the three options were suitable and for a manager to get back to me.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
For this cheap price I was willing to try out a little bit of HA service (HNL-PDX, mine was originally a one way from ICN) to complete an upcoming round the world trip. I guess, HA simply doesn't want me to get introduced to their airline. So last Tuesday I gave them a call to have my ticket refunded. I should note that the lady was very nice, and I was equally understanding and courteous with my conversation and opted for the 600 dollar voucher. Yesterday, the refund was processed. The voucher will most likely be useless, but that's pretty much the end of HA for me.

As for my trip, I prefer to cross the Pacific back home on SQ's premium cabin anyways
Old Aug 9, 2010, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
My friends in ICN just sent me an Email that Hawaiian called them again threatening to cancel the tickets tomorrow if they don't accept any of their options. They also told them that starting tomorrow the tickets will be refunded and no options will be offered anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.