Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Fare Gone) AA: LAX-SYD in (QF) FIRST $1242 AI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Fare Gone) AA: LAX-SYD in (QF) FIRST $1242 AI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:16 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cova
What is meant by "uplifting"? Likely an Aussie term.

Upgrading? Not really upgrading as it is already an F seat.
Removing? Lifting the person out of the F seat and putting them in coach?
To: Sydney, N.S.W., Australia (SYD-All Airports)
(and return)
Fare Basis Code: QB0QP1Y

V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1A QB0QP1Y A R 1098.00 T26JA -/‡ -/ 6M PA01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-LAX TO-SYD CXR-AA TVL-01MAR10 RULE-PA55 IPRP/3
FARE BASIS-QB0QP1Y SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-XAP RT-REGULAR APEX
USD 938.00 MPM E07JAN10 D-INFINITY FC-QB0QP1Y FN-4A
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 06JAN10/1721 EXPIRES INFINITY

50.RULE APPLICATION AND OTHER CONDITIONS
NOTE - THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS INFORMATIONAL AND NOT
VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
PROMOTIONAL FARES BETWEEN AREA 3 AND AREA 1
APPLICATION
AREA
THESE FARES APPLY
BETWEEN AREA 3/AREA 1.
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR ECONOMY CLASS SERVICE.

In theory, could people be "reassigned" seating if the ticket fare rules stated "ECONOMY CLASS"?

I'm starting to wonder this part below was a fat finger typo, since the A and Q keys are pretty close to each other..

To: Sydney, N.S.W., Australia (SYD-All Airports)
(and return)
Fare Basis Code: QB0QP1Y

V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1A QB0QP1Y A R 1098.00 T26JA -/‡ -/ 6M PA01
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:23 am

Programs: Shiny metal ones that go clink.
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
I suppose that is conceivable if they have been around for a couple of days
Alas it does really look like it.

Curses. It would have been a huge pain to fly to SYD-SFO SFO-MEL-SYD-SFO on the "mistake" and then SFO-SYD again... but just think of the SC! Just one loop of that and I'd have made the 600SC for QF Gold.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:25 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Newssexy
Alas it does really look like it.

Curses. It would have been a huge pain to fly to SYD-SFO SFO-MEL-SYD-SFO on the "mistake" and then SFO-SYD again... but just think of the SC! Just one loop of that and I'd have made the 600SC for QF Gold.
As one who constantly has SC on the brain, I thought about that. However, there's not much status credit for discount economy (Q) fares (the fare purchased) as opposed to the status credit for A (first), which is the class of service flown (hopefully!)...
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by justforfun
Looks like this year we'll be qualifying on EQPs!!

If honored, these two trips pretty much take care of all my AA MRs for the entire year. And it's only January 6th!
Wish I could have done the same thing - just seeing this now. Too busy booking hotel deals and other things last night.

How long was this fare available?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:33 am

Tickets issued on AA stock. What does uplifting mean?

Both my flights are showing 9s across the board on SeatCounter. I think AA/QF should just take the additional revenue and keep quiet.

Last edited by abcx; Jan 7, 2010 at 6:41 am
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE)
Originally Posted by cova
What is meant by "uplifting"? Likely an Aussie term.
Originally Posted by abcx
'Uplifting', other than the well-established intransitive verb, and the adjective meaning inspiring, is *certainly* not an Aussie term. I suspect it is a rather inventive management-speak term for 'allowing to board and then providing carriage to'.

I certainly hope they will "uplift" us, as I am somewhat buoyed by the thought of a cheap first class fare
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:41 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
The one night I go out for hot pot and don't check FT when I get home Anyway I hope this gets honored and congrats to you lucky ones!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:48 am

Both my flights are showing 9s across the board on SeatCounter. I think AA/QF should just take the additional revenue and keep quiet.
+1

If they want to reap the productivity savings of automated processes, sometimes they just need to accept the mistakes that flow from them.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:53 am

"Uplifting" is when they place you in coach but provide an amenities pack featuring a pushup bra for female passengers and a pair of extra support briefs for the male ones
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:00 am

Wow, I am shocked that they let the ticketing go though. Now I'm nervous about being reassigned in coach!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:06 am
Suspended

I believe something similar came up with AA/BA fares being sold on AA.com MIA-LHR-Africa that were showing as F for BA.com but were only Y fares for BA. BA downgraded the pax at check-in. This was about two years ago and there was a thread on it. I forget AA's response.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
I believe something similar came up with AA/BA fares being sold on AA.com MIA-LHR-Africa that were showing as F for BA.com but were only Y fares for BA. BA downgraded the pax at check-in. This was about two years ago and there was a thread on it. I forget AA's response.
So is anyone flying soon?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
All of QF's systems so far are treating this as a valid F fare. They have assigned seats in the F cabin and the Amadeus record locators are showing "First". Nevertheless, I am eager to hear from someone who checks in with one of these tickets...
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by WillR
All of QF's systems so far are treating this as a valid F fare. They have assigned seats in the F cabin and the Amadeus record locators are showing "First". Nevertheless, I am eager to hear from someone who checks in with one of these tickets...
I think we all are! Haven't checked completely, but I don't think anyone volunteered that they were flying before Feb. Anyone in Jan?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
all I can say is "wow". I wasn't following FT transactions during/after dinner last night. don't really have time to traipse off to AU but this might have been worth the hassles.

oh well, hope all those who booked get their F seats and have a good trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.