Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

US: OAK/SJC - ATL ... ~580 a.i. in First.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US: OAK/SJC - ATL ... ~580 a.i. in First.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 8:12 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by sheepherder
How do you get expedia to cough up this detailed fare/routing rule?

Not sure what the V means, but its an A fare basis (restricted first class) that was a specific routing that allows only two transfers. The first in either
PHX or LAS and then another stop in one of the other cities. There is a specific routing rule 300 that limits the number of transfers although the fare rule allows 3.

If you could post how to get this rule from expedia it would be helpful.
If you proceed through the buying process you will eventually see a link for the rules. Then you can bail on your "purchase".
Old Mar 6, 2008, 1:37 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hfs_flyer
Is the no BIS miles thing also true for LH itins?
The BIS miles he's referring to are for lifetime BIS for MM status on UA. Also, UA tracks BIS miles on its own metal for 1Ks for CR-1 earning purposes, and for GS members for qualification.

This fare earns EQM and RDM for all *A programs, unless someone inexplicably doesn't have US as a partner.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG, IHG, HHonors
Originally Posted by cstead
The BIS miles he's referring to are for lifetime BIS for MM status on UA. Also, UA tracks BIS miles on its own metal for 1Ks for CR-1 earning purposes, and for GS members for qualification.

This fare earns EQM and RDM for all *A programs, unless someone inexplicably doesn't have US as a partner.
That's what Im referring to, lifetime BIS for MM status.

So I assume for MM status it has to be UA metal always?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Looks like fare's gone from US' website.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 8:00 pm

I can't find it on ITA as well. Back up to $1000+. Re US F: People can compare it against foreign F, and of course it's not going to measure up, but at this fare you can MR in comfort, drink to your liver's content, and occasionally eat a bad meal on-board. I'm sure it's better than sitting in the back.

Last edited by bhmlurker; Mar 7, 2008 at 8:56 pm
Old Mar 7, 2008, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
Looks like fare's gone from US' website.
I am actually relieved it is finally gone, which I noticed earlier today as well.

I bought one for a MR next weekend, and I kept feeling like I should book another one because it is so cheap, but I didn't want to do that until I actually made it through the first one.

I must say, I am not looking forward to it based on all the comments here on FT about how poor the US F product is. If nothing else, maybe it will make me appreciate my primary carrier UA just a little bit more!

Tim
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)

I've been looking at F fares from RIC to the Bay Area for the last few days. If I'd come here I could've saved 50% of my outlay. Arse.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 10:08 pm

I booked 3 ex-ATL to west coast and really wanted 2 more. Oh well. The price was good while it lasted.

drew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.