Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]Major UA response to VX ex-LAX and ex-SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]Major UA response to VX ex-LAX and ex-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 7:45 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by rkaradi
When i tried to book next day ret to SFO-IAD-SFO, you can't.
Sure you can. It just has to have a red-eye departure Saturday, arrive Sunday. There's a Saturday night stay restriction.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 7:54 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
When i tried to book next day ret to SFO-IAD-SFO, you can't. But you can do that on IAD-SFO-IAD, so I booked 2 seperate ticks. One leaves SFO-IAD on a friday red and and that return is on Sunday. Then on a seperate ticket that leaves IAD on Sat and the return from SFO is Sunday just in time for my return on the first ticket. AI for both tickets was $299.
I'm no UA expert, but I believe this is not allowed.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:01 am

Ameniti Cert

Anyone have any idea why the Ameniti Certs are coming as not valid to these fares? L Class is permitted according to the rules. And the 100 reduction is valid on the flights were L Class is sold out.

rich

ps. In just 5 mins ago for the 150 r/t for Nov 9th weekend!
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I sure wish they'd have this kind of offering in December so I could match it up with my SFO-AKL tickets
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1P, LANPASS GM
Thanks for the heads up on this fare. Just bought one IAD - SFO for a weekend in late oct. It'll be my first time in SFO.

Now, if only UAL would start a fare war for my hometown in Montana, where, it seems, fares remain in the stratosphere! (I think, along with intl routes, smaller towns are where airlines like to make money.)

okay. no more complaining.

thanks again.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by RichLond
Anyone have any idea why the Ameniti Certs are coming as not valid to these fares? L Class is permitted according to the rules. And the 100 reduction is valid on the flights were L Class is sold out.

rich

ps. In just 5 mins ago for the 150 r/t for Nov 9th weekend!
Are you refering to the ameneti travel club or some type of CS voucher?
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:45 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
When i tried to book next day ret to SFO-IAD-SFO, you can't. But you can do that on IAD-SFO-IAD, so I booked 2 separate ticks. One leaves SFO-IAD on a Friday red and and that return is on Sunday. Then on a separate ticket that leaves IAD on Sat and the return from SFO is Sunday just in time for my return on the first ticket. AI for both tickets was $299.
I'm no UA expert, but I believe this is not allowed.
I think this is back-to-back ticketing where the coupons are used out of sequence. As to whether or not UA will catch it and do something about it...well...I hope not as I doubt rkaradi is the only person doing it!
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1MM & *A Gold
Am I already too late or not doing it right? Orbitz, IAD/SFO/IAD w/ Sat Night - $450 is the min I find
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:51 am

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
Originally Posted by wayan
Am I already too late or not doing it right? Orbitz, IAD/SFO/IAD w/ Sat Night - $450 is the min I find
search for different dates. the fare is not available everyday.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:51 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
still some 170 r/t all-in ex JFK out there. On UA. For those who care, it doesnt apear DL has moved at all yet on it's transcon pricing.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wayan
There are still dates on .bomb that work, but they're drying up, and those that are left are not the best times. If you're willing to fly on Mon or Tue, though, there is more availability. Use the "flexible dates" feature and search "NYC-SFO" and you'll see what there is.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Try searching off the bomb, I am finding better availability on orbitz for the IAD-SFO flights. For instance, 10/4-10/7 is still alive for a weekend trip at 166.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:00 am

.bomb is now pricing LE21NR1 at 278 r/t all in after you click through.

Still avail on orbitz at 153.

rich
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Any creative bookings ex-ORD to get a piece of the action?
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:07 am

Programs: (almost) everything!
Originally Posted by RichLond
.bomb is now pricing LE21NR1 at 278 r/t all in after you click through.

Still avail on orbitz at 153.

rich
I tried this yesterday and gave me discount without problem. The fare is about to expire. I recommend you act NOW. (not on united.com though)

Last edited by Tclin; Jul 20, 2007 at 9:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.