FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   [FARE GONE]Major UA response to VX ex-LAX and ex-SFO (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/716204-fare-gone-major-ua-response-vx-ex-lax-ex-sfo.html)

humanoid94 Jul 19, 2007 6:59 pm

[FARE GONE]Major UA response to VX ex-LAX and ex-SFO

I just noticed a number of fares loaded by UA in defense against VX. Farecompare is showing 150 all in WAS-LAX and WAS-SFO on UA. Fare is LE21NR1, my expertflyer account has lapsed so I can't grab the fare rules.

humanoid94 Jul 19, 2007 7:01 pm

Farecompare is also showing 160 all in NYC-SFO. Should be an interesting fare war.

beepyou Jul 19, 2007 7:06 pm

is this bookable on .bomb yet?

I don't see the fare... early Sept...

sy7 Jul 19, 2007 7:07 pm

I think this is a mistake on UA's part--they misfiled the OW price as a RT. This is similar to the $109+ RT transcons they had last year! The fares are good starting 8/9 (big surprise :)) until November 11.

So, if anyone is interested in these fares, book these quickly because they won't last.

rkaradi Jul 19, 2007 7:09 pm

what dates do you see that for i can't find it.

J.Edward Jul 19, 2007 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by rkaradi (Post 8087453)
what dates do you see that for i can't find it.

I don't think the fare's made it to the engines yet. I'm not seeing on KVS but it was only recently posted so I'm thinking all it needs is some time.

DBCme Jul 19, 2007 7:14 pm

WOW.
According to FC... United is releasing $22/each way SFO-LAX $65 all in....
if that happens...people will be'a talkin

uvaryanmc Jul 19, 2007 7:20 pm

finally, its about time someone ate into ua's lunch. with a monopoly or dominant position on routes like sfo-iad, all of asia etc., its amazing an airline with a route structure like ua's was in bankruptcy for almost (or more than) 3 years?

ua has been milking that sfo-iad route as much as possible its nice to see fares be competitive again.

cornellalum Jul 19, 2007 7:23 pm

L class. I can't find any L availability SFO-LAX for a couple of Friday evening flights that I checked (all the way out to October). I'm not complaining ... just wanted to say that it'll be hard to find seats even far out during peak travel times.

cornellalum Jul 19, 2007 7:34 pm

It's up on Expedia. I was wrong about the flight availability though ... I found a Friday evening / Sun evening flight.

AutoSlash Jul 19, 2007 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by beepyou (Post 8087440)
is this bookable on .bomb yet?

I don't see the fare... early Sept...

What does .bomb refer to?

mahasamatman Jul 19, 2007 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by baseline (Post 8087606)

The "quality" of united.com.

ECOTONE Jul 19, 2007 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by baseline (Post 8087606)

www.united.com

it's commonly called .bomb because it isn't always the most reliable.

silver springer Jul 19, 2007 7:51 pm

availability is October/November

definitely a response to Virgin Atlantic. Oh some competition--I fondly remember the days of Independence Air--those were the days.

beepyou Jul 19, 2007 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by silver springer (Post 8087659)
definitely a response to Virgin Atlantic. Oh some competition--I fondly remember the days of Independence Air--those were the days.

you mean virgin america :)

L class availbility is so hard to find~