Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Would that be Business Class?
According to AA, "I" class on IB is business class

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/pa...nes/ibiria.jsp
Old Dec 17, 2009, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by cfischer
yep, it's HUP booking into A ... so it should be 150% based on DL's earnings.
Some people on the DL board are reporting only getting 100% miles on HUP fares on DL instead of 150%
Old Dec 17, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
I bought an AF ticket today JFK-CDG-DEL round trip in Business (Z buckets I believe) for $3460. About 23,000 Delta MQMs by my calculations
Old Dec 17, 2009, 9:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by PMMMDL
Some people on the DL board are reporting only getting 100% miles on HUP fares on DL instead of 150%
I've got one booked on AS metal as a DL codeshare, crediting to my AS MP account. Should it count for 150% EQM on AS?

Last edited by hgdf; Dec 17, 2009 at 11:17 pm
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I bought an AF ticket today JFK-CDG-DEL round trip in Business (Z buckets I believe) for $3460. About 23,000 Delta MQMs by my calculations
That's a great price. ^
Old Dec 19, 2009, 1:20 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
For those that are interested - I tried several dates in Feb/Mar and I see these same rates ($1655 each way + taxes). And you'd get to fly on the A380 to CDG.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 1:28 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
For those that are interested - I tried several dates in Feb/Mar and I see these same rates ($1655 each way + taxes). And you'd get to fly on the A380 to CDG.
And Just an FYI for those who haven't flown the J on the A380 yet, its actually worse then on the 77W or 772. I wrote a trip report up on the 3rd revenue flight from CDG-JFK; J is very disappointing.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by DLATL777
And Just an FYI for those who haven't flown the J on the A380 yet, its actually worse then on the 77W or 772. I wrote a trip report up on the 3rd revenue flight from CDG-JFK; J is very disappointing.
AF has horrid service, the FA's even wear tags saying they are there for our saftey, we know thats also a joke when the pilots landed on the wrong half of the runway in Toronto a few years ago..
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by why fly
AF has horrid service, the FA's even wear tags saying they are there for our saftey, we know thats also a joke when the pilots landed on the wrong half of the runway in Toronto a few years ago..
...and the FAs evacuated and rescued ALL passengers.

If you dislike / mistrust AF, why don't you choose a different airline?!
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
I also checked JFK-CDG. Pretty sweet $2000 for business class round trip on AF. That is also a great deal!
Old Dec 19, 2009, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by DLATL777
If I may, I (personally) completely disagree. I do find J on the A380 a bit better than on both 772s and 77Ws, and, if I refer to the fora on the A380 on the AF forum, I'm apparently not the only one! (this is of course notwithstanding the fact that J class in AF is rather similar across those planes as the airline has sadly chosen not to offer any drastic innovation with the introduction of the new plane, which many of us find a shame).

I also disagree with the other statement suggesting that AF has horrid service. I'm not sure what it refers to, but it is certainly not my experience, and I would choose AF any day over any of the major US airlines (DL, NW or what is left of it, CO, UA, AA, etc) for TATL routings in both Y and J in terms of friendliness, seats, food, wine, and entertainment to mention just a few. I have no doubt some people have had bad experiences, but for patronising Air France planes in both J and Y several times a month, and being in a position to compare with frequent trips on BA, KL, DL, CO, UA, and a few others, I certainly think AF is one of the better 'majors' by quite a long shot.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
If I may, I (personally) completely disagree. I do find J on the A380 a bit better than on both 772s and 77Ws, and, if I refer to the fora on the A380 on the AF forum, I'm apparently not the only one! (this is of course notwithstanding the fact that J class in AF is rather similar across those planes as the airline has sadly chosen not to offer any drastic innovation with the introduction of the new plane, which many of us find a shame).

I also disagree with the other statement suggesting that AF has horrid service. I'm not sure what it refers to, but it is certainly not my experience, and I would choose AF any day over any of the major US airlines (DL, NW or what is left of it, CO, UA, AA, etc) for TATL routings in both Y and J in terms of friendliness, seats, food, wine, and entertainment to mention just a few. I have no doubt some people have had bad experiences, but for patronising Air France planes in both J and Y several times a month, and being in a position to compare with frequent trips on BA, KL, DL, CO, UA, and a few others, I certainly think AF is one of the better 'majors' by quite a long shot.
Looking at the AF trip report of the a380, it looks pretty good. The entrees do not look great, but he snacks, appetizers, etc, look really nice.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by why fly
I second that. I will never fly AF again. Having a better service than Delta is hardly a resounding endorsement...
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:47 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by nomad1974
...and the FAs evacuated and rescued ALL passengers.

If you dislike / mistrust AF, why don't you choose a different airline?!
thanks for the advice. I am sure many people are choosing something else - AFKL is reporting drop in traffic quarter after quarter.

I was a KLM and Skyteam guy, but slowly exploring * and other options.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 1:35 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Ahem. Good Deal Premium Fares. This thread is long and messy enough without OT discussion about the virtues of certain planes/seats, airline safety records. etc. Please stay on topic.

--jpdx, MR Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.