Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(fare gone) Air Europa: BOS - MAD $115

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2005, 1:40 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Dates work out for those wanting to go a bit further to BCN Halloween Weekend.
Old May 11, 2005, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by rrohio
I booked one of these fares for 2 in Oct. but cany seem to find my fare class listed anyplace on the info I printed from Travelocity. Any help appreciated
Pull up the fare rules in Travelocity and you'll see that the Booking Class is 'Q'.

Programs: amex plat, delta, aa, united, starwood
Gee, maybe I should just take the Fung Wah bus back home

The lady from American Express said that my reservation cannot be confirmed and ticketed because she cannot confirm the Newark --> Boston segment. She called Air Europa and they have told her that Air Europa Flight #3121 Newark --> Boston seats are all sold out. I said how can that be possible?

She then said that looking at her system... it appeared that the seats were not all sold out.., however, were sold out at that price and I got buy the same itinerary for an additional $300.

Gee, maybe I should just take the Fung Wah bus back home..

I got a confirmation code on each flight on my American Express Confirmation itinerary.

What a waste of time!!

Whiskarina
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Dates work out for those wanting to go a bit further to BCN Halloween Weekend.
I couldn't find return availability for Oct 30/31, so no go there.
Old May 11, 2005, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA Premier, AA, DL, HA, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver
Worked for me. AIR EUROPA codeshare with CO. BOS-EWR-MAD. 186.75 all in. Excellent.
Old May 11, 2005, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Leviticus
and now my confirmation code for the last flight vanished, this is really strange

That is what happened to me. I even received an E-mail with the confirmation code on all 4 legs. Will sit back at least a day to see what happens. I don't want to force the issue while the fare is up and running, but want everyone to be aware of the issue of the confirmed status on the last leg being changed later to "unconfirmed".
Old May 11, 2005, 1:46 pm

Talking

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie to flyertalk.

I just booked on travelocity, so it's definitely still available.
Old May 11, 2005, 1:47 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Originally Posted by BF263533
That is what happened to me. I even received an E-mail with the confirmation code on all 4 legs. Will sit back at least a day to see what happens. I don't want to force the issue while the fare is up and running, but want everyone to be aware of the issue of the confirmed status on the last leg being changed later to "unconfirmed".
yes in same boat, booked on amextravel. Debating weather to book one on expedia.com. WTH, I'm with you BF2-just sit back and wait. Miss this one another will take it's place
Old May 11, 2005, 1:50 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
I'm on hold with Travelocity while my CSR talks to Air Europa right now. I'll let you guys know what happens.

peace,
~Ben~
Old May 11, 2005, 1:51 pm

Just called CO, got my CO confirmation # (note it wasn't the same as the Travelocity Code).
Got my seats and NW put in.
Old May 11, 2005, 1:52 pm

Why are people calling travelocity??? UGH Have we learned nothing?
Old May 11, 2005, 1:53 pm

Good find, too bad no availablility left unless you're willing to take a lot of weekdays off. Was excited but can't fit anything on dates I'm willing to travel.
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Calling travelocity is stupid. Really stupid. I guess people feel that they got theirs, so it doesn't matter if it goes off now.

Originally Posted by Whiskarina
The lady from American Express said that my reservation cannot be confirmed and ticketed because she cannot confirm the Newark --> Boston segment. She called Air Europa and they have told her that Air Europa Flight #3121 Newark --> Boston seats are all sold out. I said how can that be possible?

She then said that looking at her system... it appeared that the seats were not all sold out.., however, were sold out at that price and I got buy the same itinerary for an additional $300.

Gee, maybe I should just take the Fung Wah bus back home..

I got a confirmation code on each flight on my American Express Confirmation itinerary.

What a waste of time!!

Whiskarina

EWR to BOS flights are not sold out. there are no flights from EWR to BOS at 3:00 pm in September at least. The flights are from 2:30, 3:30 pm and so on. and they are not sold out. I just checked for the same day I'm returning.
Old May 11, 2005, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Whiskarina
I've got American Express travel on the line and they won't issue the tix until Newark - Boston can be confirmed. The woman is calling Air Europa .. but they keep on hanging up on her. not a good sign.
For heaven's sake do not call, and esepcially do notr involve the airline until after the tickets are issued. These are mistakes. If you want to take advantage of a mistake, why stirr things up and give them a chance to pull the fare!.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.