Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(fare gone) Air Europa: BOS - MAD $115

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2005, 1:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Why are people calling travelocity??? UGH Have we learned nothing?
What do you expect with all these bargain-hungry newbies flooding the Mileage Run Forum?
Old May 11, 2005, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Just called CO, got my CO confirmation # (note it wasn't the same as the Travelocity Code).
Got my seats and NW put in.
So, is this the recommended route for people to do now? What exactly did you say to them/they say to you?
Old May 11, 2005, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Ah yes, confirmation disappeared. Oh well,there's always the Fung Wah bus back to Bos...
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Any more september dates available? Not finding anything..

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
FYI --- I called the number like the website said and travelocity guy "Sam" told me it was because there is no 3pm flight from EWR-BOS. He had to call Air Europa because it hadn't been ticketed yet (because of the last unconfirmed flight) and they put me on the other flight. I stayed on hold while the travelocity dude called Air Europa for at least 20 mins. He got back on the line and had worked everything out so that we are actually on the 3pm flight as originally reserved and sent the reseervation for ticketing. He told me to call back in 4-6 hours to confirm it was ticketed properly, expects no problems, and put a note in the record for the next agent so they know what's going on when I call back. Thanks travelocity and FT! ^

peace,
~Ben~

PS> To those complaining about people calling -- I didn't see this as self-serving at all or I wouldn't have done it. The way I looked at it was that this fare has been up all day, I'm one of the late comers to the thread, and maybe if we act fast and get the info that we need then it keeps us all from getting screwed if these don't get ticketed. I simply don't know as much as the rest of you when it comes to MRs and working with Travelocity, but my intentions were the best. And per the above post, I'm sharing with FT so that everyone else knows how to resolve this problem.

Last edited by seoulmanjr; May 11, 2005 at 2:08 pm
Old May 11, 2005, 1:58 pm

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
Gggggggrrrrrrrrrr

fare gone from travelocity. two clicks away punched in the wrong cc # and the flight from bos-ewr couldnt be confirmed. can anyone get this anywhere else?
Old May 11, 2005, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Calling travelocity is stupid. Really stupid. I guess people feel that they got theirs, so it doesn't matter if it goes off now.
are you surprised?

take a look at the history of virtually every great fare posted on flyertalk. all certain people care about is that they get theirs. to heck with everyone else.
Old May 11, 2005, 1:59 pm

I just tried to book on travelocity.ca and the fare went up $1000. Thanks to everyone who couldn't hold on a day before calling travelocity.
Old May 11, 2005, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by izzik
What do you expect with all these bargain-hungry newbies flooding the Mileage Run Forum?
Do you have to say this? I'm a newbie here and a long poster on other forums. People have to start at some point and of course you were a newbie here at some point as well. If you don't want new pople to flood "your" mileage run forum, then ask moderators to block it for guys with less thant xxx posts but I don't think that's the idea of an open forum. Help educate people but from a more friendly approach.
Thanks!

Last edited by enano; May 11, 2005 at 2:02 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 11, 2005, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Can confirm that it's gone from Travelocity from today through December.
Old May 11, 2005, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
are you surprised?

take a look at the history of virtually every great fare posted on flyertalk. all certain people care about is that they get theirs. to heck with everyone else.
That's a shame, I'm a newbie but I know enough to play by the rules!

It's no longer showing on Travelocity or in my Sabre computer system.

Originally Posted by industry_killer
I just tried to book on travelocity.ca and the fare went up $1000. Thanks to everyone who couldn't hold on a day before calling travelocity.
I just checked on travelocity.com and the same thing happened. The cheapest Air Europa flight from BOS-MAD between now & September is $518+.
Old May 11, 2005, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
No kidding. It's interesting that the ORD-BCN fare is basically the same thing, the thread was even started earlier, but has much fewer responses. The only difference is that the ORD-BCN requires actually work (checking for availability, using codeshares to MDW rather than ORD, etc).
Old May 11, 2005, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Does the mileage run forum have a moderator? I vote for banning for life anyone who calls the airline/agent before things settle down. Calling travelocity and then asking to speak to a supervisor to praise the agent is a sure way to ruin it for everyone!

Is is possible to ban anyone from even viewing the postings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.