Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(fare gone) Air Europa: BOS - MAD $115

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2005, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Expedia still pricing it at $246.69 all in.
Old May 11, 2005, 2:37 pm
POH

Programs: *Wood Gold, MP, SM, M&M, DM, HH Gold [Revoked], PC Gold, WP
I have the same issue with the unconfirmed last leg on travelocity. Is there any precedence for what happens in a situation like this?

Since I don't live in BOS, ending my flight in EWR would be better anyway...
Old May 11, 2005, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Still haven't been able to price this, but there is still availability out there for some combinations - the 8/25-8/30 ORD-BCN being discussed on the other thread is still working, but you have to follow very specific multi-city instructions and then the fare first prices out fairly high but reprices when you continue. Strange.
Old May 11, 2005, 2:39 pm

It's still at Orbitz for $252 all in for 10/21-10/25!
Old May 11, 2005, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Error message on travelocity

When I try look at my reservation in my stuff on travelocity it cames error. I was just looking to see if last leg showed up confirmed yet and now nothing at all just error.
Old May 11, 2005, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My coworked booked through Travelocity & is having issues with the last leg (original printout shows its confirmed - now its not) - I guess the Travelocity Guarantee will come through for us hopefully!
Old May 11, 2005, 2:43 pm

from my experience with calling travelocity, their agents usually dont have a clue what is going on, so i doubt they would even realize if this is an "abnormal" fare...

Originally Posted by jcooke
Its an unconfirmed myth. I highly doubt just one person's phone call will set off any bells or whistles. Most of the frontline employees, unless well-trained to report glitches, will simply just work the res. Now OTOH, something worthy of a FT FareAlert being sent to the FareAlert list having some type of Airline rep signed up would certainly allow to trigger it.

So ease up on the newbies, it may have not even been one of them.

-JC
Old May 11, 2005, 2:46 pm
POH

Programs: *Wood Gold, MP, SM, M&M, DM, HH Gold [Revoked], PC Gold, WP
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I guess the Travelocity Guarantee will come through for us hopefully!
What is the Travelocity Guarantee?
Old May 11, 2005, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by rrohio
When I try look at my reservation in my stuff on travelocity it cames error. I was just looking to see if last leg showed up confirmed yet and now nothing at all just error.
Don't worry, It's not just you.

But didn't you call Continental and get seat assignments and whatnot? Why would you be looking at Travelocity anymore?
Old May 11, 2005, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by jcooke
The agents have nothing to lose - they're not accountable for the reservations booked. Their job is to book reservations - bring income in.
Indeed, the agents have nothing to lose, but they also have nothing to lose in reporting strange problems. If you are an employee and saw something out of the blue, wouldn't you check with a supervisor/manager?

where and how do you check to confirm the tickets?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
My coworked booked through Travelocity & is having issues with the last leg (original printout shows its confirmed - now its not) - I guess the Travelocity Guarantee will come through for us hopefully!
Since you mention it, I have my fingers crossed as well. Travelocity's track record is good and their "Guarantee" seems to be right on point:

Old May 11, 2005, 2:48 pm

Angry

Just got off the phone with Travelocity and they say they will not honor the last leg of the flight. Guess i rent a car in Newark! They said they could fly me for an increased rate?
Old May 11, 2005, 2:48 pm

Yevlesh2 thanks very much for looking out for everybody!!!
Old May 11, 2005, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aacoinco
Just got off the phone with Travelocity and they say they will not honor the last leg of the flight. Guess i rent a car in Newark! They said they could fly me for an increased rate?
See post #222 above. And relax. If Travelocity for some reason decides not to make arrangements to get you back to BOS via air, then I think you will, at a minimum, be entitled to a full refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.