Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

“Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares Between Certain City Pairs - 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Happy 2019!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.
  • This is not a how to book a fare thread.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:

”Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2018
”Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2016
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2019 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

“Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares Between Certain City Pairs - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
BA : MCO-LGW rtn. $368

Found this one looking for cnx. A good fare for non-stop service. Available on select dates in Jan & Feb, Operates to/from LGW, not LHR.

Last edited by Antonio8069; Oct 20, 2019 at 9:22 am Reason: correction
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
SEA-DAR $575 rtn on UA / SWISS - A great price for December. See

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...D;e:1;sd:1;t:f
sciflygrrl likes this.

Last edited by davistev; Oct 22, 2019 at 10:03 am Reason: Status updated
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Does the other way around (Europe - US flights) also work?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
Does the other way around (Europe - US flights) also work?
I'm not even sure what deal you're talking about but International flight deals almost never work in the reversed direction. The best way to know would be...to check.
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
CPH-ROR next year Sept/Oct looks like a good deal with lots of availability if you can book that far in advance. 3045 DKK (347 GBP) return, via DOH and ICN on qatar, bookable directly on qatar.com. Palau has a 100 USD departure tax which is included in the ticket price, making the fare seem even better. I managed to build in a stopover with hotel in DOH for 23 USD with their stopover package and also a day in South Korea to break it up a bit . Originally found on secretflying, but found additional dates.
pepsii, largeeyes and MaxVO like this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by davistev

(can't post links)

This is an excellent find. It's a grueling trip but it yields 20,024 PQMs for anyone who needs a good chunk of miles before the end of the year. Thanks for finding this.
davistev and CruiseandRail like this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by davistev

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...D;e:1;sd:1;t:f
Def a good fare. Americans must pay a $100 visa fee (on arrival is fine). Visa is good for one year and allows multiple entries so some may already have the appropriate visa.

-RM
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: Marriott ,Radisson ,BW & Accor Gold , M&M , AB & FB Silver ,Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by englisha
CPH-ROR next year Sept/Oct looks like a good deal with lots of availability if you can book that far in advance. 3045 DKK (347 GBP) return, via DOH and ICN on qatar, bookable directly on qatar.com. Palau has a 100 USD departure tax which is included in the ticket price, making the fare seem even better. I managed to build in a stopover with hotel in DOH for 23 USD with their stopover package and also a day in South Korea to break it up a bit . Originally found on secretflying, but found additional dates.
Thanks! I will use this. Apart from being cheaper today - it also has availability in November and possibility to use KE as well as OZ on the ICN-ROR and vv segments
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by pepsii
Thanks! I will use this. Apart from being cheaper today - it also has availability in November and possibility to use KE as well as OZ on the ICN-ROR and vv segments
Nice Pepsii, Enjoy the trip...I see the price dropped a little too so a great result ^
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:02 am

Chicago to Austin and vice versa $49 BE fares UA/AA from Dec 7 - 19th.

Very good availability. $100 more for main cabin.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
Originally Posted by GeraldHouse

Very good availability. $100 more for main cabin.
Please mention that this is one way. I found $96 RT. If you want regular econ, it ends up being around $270.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by englisha
Anyone have experience creditting QR flights on Asiana to Oneworld?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by largeeyes
Anyone have experience creditting QR flights on Asiana to Oneworld?
What do you mean by crediting to OneWorld? QR is, Asiana is not part of OW. Generally crediting goes by the “marketing carrier” meaning if the primary flight number is QR, you can credit, depending on fare class, to another OneWorld carrier. If the flight number begins with OZ, you won’t be able to unless OZ partners with a specific carrier.
largeeyes likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Whodunit68
What do you mean by crediting to OneWorld? QR is, Asiana is not part of OW. Generally crediting goes by the “marketing carrier” meaning if the primary flight number is QR, you can credit, depending on fare class, to another OneWorld carrier. If the flight number begins with OZ, you won’t be able to unless OZ partners with a specific carrier.

That's what I meant. I knew OZ was part of Star Alliance, which is why I asked. It looks like the OZ flight wouldn't be creditted to OW then....best to ask for credit after flight to credit each segment independently I guess.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by largeeyes

That's what I meant. I knew OZ was part of Star Alliance, which is why I asked. It looks like the OZ flight wouldn't be creditted to OW then....best to ask for credit after flight to credit each segment independently I guess.
I hope to credit the Asiana leg to my Turkish airlines account (Star alliance). I'll ask in Korea (after flying 1st 2 legs) if they can add it, but I expect it will need to be claimed retrospectively after the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.