Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Per the mods, the Mileage Run Deals forum is only for posting/discussing active deals. If you were looking for the previous mega-thread including suggestions on things to do in Singapore etc. and peripheral stuff related to the SIN MR but not directly having to do with fares or booking it, that thread can still be found in the Mileage Run Discussion forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1427486-fare-gone-dl-sfo-atl-jfk-nrt-sin-1-232-30-ai-rt-25-318-mi-4-9-cpm.html

In addition, discussions about DL and SkyMiles including recent program changes can be found in the Delta forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/

Questions/advice about Singapore as a destination can be found in the Singapore forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2.6 MM
Fares for 2019

$792.33 21,734 MQM 3.65 cpm Jan 28-31, Feb 4-7, 11-14, 28-21, 27-Mar 6, 4-7 other dates higher, Max MQM thru ATL but not a big difference. Mon-Thr give best fares. Happy Travels, get your flu shots! Blessings! Fares checked on flt SMF LAX
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:38 am

Any ideas how to get around this???

Chicago to Sin...same day turn around fares around $800...BUT...the return flight to get cheap fare is on China air...If you pick the 6am Delta flight, fare goes to 2k.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Live4Miles
Any ideas how to get around this???

Chicago to Sin...same day turn around fares around $800...BUT...the return flight to get cheap fare is on China air...If you pick the 6am Delta flight, fare goes to 2k.
What dates are you looking at?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by dcadwell
What dates are you looking at?
Almost any date (friday/sunday return...feb...march)...the only way to get cheap fare is to come back on china air at night, or to stay one day and come back next morning on the delta flight.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Live4Miles
Almost any date (friday/sunday return...feb...march)...the only way to get cheap fare is to come back on china air at night, or to stay one day and come back next morning on the delta flight.
Ah. That's likely generally why. Usually mid-week flights (at least, from what I've seen) are cheapest unless you don't want an immediate turn and can bypass the weekend pretty much entirely.

But, I'm certainly not the expert in this thread by any means.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Happy Chinese (Lunar) New Year! The year of the pig. Another holiday to wish you the best! May all of you have a Very Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year with many MQM runs and MQD runs so that you will reach the levels you desire. Aim high DM for myself and my beloved spouse. We or she would say I enjoy traveling and she puts up with my crazy itineraries which last year included PVG and SIN multiple times and AMS TLV DEL FCO (Rome) CLM (Sri Lanka) netting us adewuate MQM and MQD for DM for another year. Happy Travels. Get your Flu shots and May you get all the UG you are eligible for. Mid week to SIN slightly better prices than weekend lower now and after Sep. Plan ahead do runs now or after Sep. Blessings🙂🙂🙂
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Talking about China Eastern Mileage Runs to SE Asia....check out this article on an 8-year old who got Delta Diamond Medallion status on one (long, ten-night) Mileage Run!

https://pointmetotheplane.boardingar...s-in-one-trip/

"Most eight year olds celebrate their birthday with cake, ice cream and friends and family. Not Neela Harris, who spent her eighth birthday flying in business class around the world. At age eight, Neela now enjoys Delta Air Lines Diamond Medallion status, the highest recognition frequent flyer status the airline publishes."

tc fly girl and Pocatello like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by laptoptravel
Talking about China Eastern Mileage Runs to SE Asia....check out this article on an 8-year old who got Delta Diamond Medallion status on one (long, ten-night) Mileage Run!

https://pointmetotheplane.boardingar...s-in-one-trip/

"Most eight year olds celebrate their birthday with cake, ice cream and friends and family. Not Neela Harris, who spent her eighth birthday flying in business class around the world. At age eight, Neela now enjoys Delta Air Lines Diamond Medallion status, the highest recognition frequent flyer status the airline publishes."

Fake news. Global upgrade certificates are not redeemable on China Eastern.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Fake news. Global upgrade certificates are not redeemable on China Eastern.
its also a really misleading article since a lot of it was from CC sign up bonuses.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

MQD and MQM on MU

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
its also a really misleading article since a lot of it was from CC sign up bonuses.
It was interesting to read the comments about the MR of the young MR with her parents. The costs for the MQD were quite modest compared to spending $15,000 on flights or AX charges of $250,000 which is beyond my means and my tax status is not high enough to pay my taxes to get anywhere near $250,000 AX spend. Will go for the MQD approach. If you read Delta Points by Rene he has done MQD runs on AeroMexico and may even do the AX $250,000, am not sure and happy to be corrected if I am wrong. Have a great week and please keep comments and questions coming. Do have a few fares IAH SIN not very good but best available now
$792.03 Mar 4-7
$820.03 Mar 4-11
$825.03 Mar 3-6, 3-7
$788.53 Sep 16-19, 23-26, Oct 14-17, 28-31, Nov 4-7, 18-21, 28-Dec 3, 2-5, 4-16, 4-17
$795.22 Nov 11-14
Happy Travels. Questions and comments always welcome. Have a Great WeekGet your Flu shot! 🙂
kaffir76 likes this.

Last edited by Csfing1; Feb 24, 2019 at 12:06 am Reason: Add info
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
So the GUC thing was corrected...and whomever doesn't use credit card bonuses as a strategy to achieve elite status is missing the golden opportunities laid before you.

I think credit should be given to the parents for understanding the ins and outs of the Medallion program along with credit card points/rewards and travel portals.

Why so negative on people being clever enough to reach a goal that is important to their family's travel goals?

#SourGrapes ?
tc fly girl and Pocatello like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: DL Dia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by laptoptravel
So the GUC thing was corrected...and whomever doesn't use credit card bonuses as a strategy to achieve elite status is missing the golden opportunities laid before you.

I think credit should be given to the parents for understanding the ins and outs of the Medallion program along with credit card points/rewards and travel portals.

Why so negative on people being clever enough to reach a goal that is important to their family's travel goals?

#SourGrapes ?
Whether doable, one-time deal etc. still inspiring to think what you can do with a little thinking and planning.
Pocatello likes this.

Last edited by yasmas; Mar 2, 2019 at 11:24 am Reason: grammer
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:54 pm

Hi Csfing1! Wow, let me say 'Thank you" for all of your wonderful knowledge sharing. I have two questions.
1. When finding a China Eastern fare such as the above, where have you searched to find this fare?
2. How do you calculate MQMs to be earned for a trip?

Thanks again for all of your help!
(I get my flu shot every year.)
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:12 am

Anyone with experience taking China Airlines to SIN via NYC? Curious how many hoops I'll have to jump through trying to credit MQMs to Delta...
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Csfing1
It was interesting to read the comments about the MR of the young MR with her parents. The costs for the MQD were quite modest compared to spending $15,000 on flights or AX charges of $250,000 which is beyond my means and my tax status is not high enough to pay my taxes to get anywhere near $250,000 AX spend. Will go for the MQD approach. If you read Delta Points by Rene he has done MQD runs on AeroMexico and may even do the AX $250,000, am not sure and happy to be corrected if I am wrong. Have a great week and please keep comments and questions coming. Do have a few fares IAH SIN not very good but best available now
$792.03 Mar 4-7
$820.03 Mar 4-11
$825.03 Mar 3-6, 3-7
$788.53 Sep 16-19, 23-26, Oct 14-17, 28-31, Nov 4-7, 18-21, 28-Dec 3, 2-5, 4-16, 4-17
$795.22 Nov 11-14
Happy Travels.
Questions and comments always welcome.
Have a Great Week
Get your Flu shot! 🙂
Another thank you for the constant updates on this MR thread - though I don't travel with DL/ST (I used to on NWA when I was in college & lived in BOS - I still vividly remember the 1st time I got upgraded to Business class & Silver elite status )
I've still got 100k+ DL miles which I've not found a use for yet, but I would love to try their new A350 service soon!

I'd like to ask how is DL doing in the SIN market? With all the options to Tokyo & further to USA destinations, how is DL holding up & what are their load factors like?

Esp. when they use a 767 for the SIN-NRT sector which isn't the most updated aircraft out there right now.
Do they get a lot of business travelers to SIN from the USA?
UA has double daily nonstop flights from SFO & SQ has non stop flights to/from SIN/LAX daily up to 10 times weekly.

I can't imagine taking their 6am flights exSIN right now, it's such an unearthly hour & if arriving in TKY, you just feel knackered the entire day.
I do know that some SG leisure travelers do take that flight as it's sometimes a good price like S$500-S$600.

The last time I flew with DL was 2-3 years ago to SEA but since SQ is starting a non stop service & I'm booked to travel twice with them in Nov. - will DL ever consider pulling out of the SIN market like it has in HKG or are they still holding strong in this market?
I'm honestly surprised that they couldn't make HKG work but they remained in SIN.

p/s I got my flu shot last Dec. & I've not been sick since then! I should have done it last year but I didn't & I caught the super flu bug when I was in BKK/CTS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.