Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM

Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Per the mods, the Mileage Run Deals forum is only for posting/discussing active deals. If you were looking for the previous mega-thread including suggestions on things to do in Singapore etc. and peripheral stuff related to the SIN MR but not directly having to do with fares or booking it, that thread can still be found in the Mileage Run Discussion forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1427486-fare-gone-dl-sfo-atl-jfk-nrt-sin-1-232-30-ai-rt-25-318-mi-4-9-cpm.html

In addition, discussions about DL and SkyMiles including recent program changes can be found in the Delta forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/

Questions/advice about Singapore as a destination can be found in the Singapore forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM

Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2.6 MM
Smile [FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM

Reason for using IAH is usually get best prices from there, have tried LAX SFO SEA PDX JFK LGA ORD MCO and most are higher with less MQM and higher cost in CPM. By the time you factor in cost of positioning flights it probably doesn't make that much difference and you may want to dep from above mentioned airports. That is a factor only you can decide but is very easy to calculate. Other dates are higher but you will have to check. Zorak will put in link to master thread with much more info in MR discussion.
All of these flights in this post are for Apr 16-18 Prices from DL.com
$708.31 Apr 16-18 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM IAH ATL NRT SIN NRT DTW IAH Best Price
$718.31 18,009 MQM 4.0 CPM LAX NRT SIN NRT LAX
$783.31 21,009 MQM 3.7 CPM ORD ATL NRT SIN NRT DTW ORD
$868.31 21,172 MQM 4.1 CPM JFK ATL NRT SIN NRT DTW JFK

Please post questions, comments, trip reports etc.
HAPPY NEW YEAR - HAPPY TRAVELS - BKLESSINGS - GET YOUR FLU SHOT!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I'm not Zorak, but Here is the discussion thread with years of collected wisdom and tips on making the most of this MR.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
I'm seeing $655 from LAX through PDX on both legs for 17,938 miles = 3.6 CPM. Various dates.

EDIT: Sorry, that was basic economy. $715 for V class, which I imagine is what you were posting.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by veeRob
I'm seeing $655 from LAX through PDX on both legs for 17,938 miles = 3.6 CPM. Various dates.

EDIT: Sorry, that was basic economy. $715 for V class, which I imagine is what you were posting.
Checked for Apr 16-18 LAX PDX NRT SIN NRT SEA LAX $718.31 18,009 MQM 4.0 cpm. Thanks for your post. I usually use my SM for positioning flights for MR. Tried other dates thru May and all prices higher. Sun Tue same week fare almost the same. Have a great week.
harlemguy likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by angra
I'm not Zorak, but Here is the discussion thread with years of collected wisdom and tips on making the most of this MR.
That thread was started by the same OP as this one, and if you look at the one you posted, the mods shut it down (for reasons that escape us all)
rizrizriz and laptoptravel like this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:07 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
That thread was started by the same OP as this one, and if you look at the one you posted, the mods shut it down (for reasons that escape us all)
The mods didn't shut it down; they moved it to the discussion sub-forum because (1) the mistaken impression that the deal wasn't active (well, it comes and goes), but more importantly (2) the deals forum is for discussions of active deals only, and not trip reports/suggestions for things to do/general discussions about changes to the DL program.

IMO the original thread had evolved into its own thing and if it were up to me, I would have let it keep going in its original form, in its original location. But I am not a mod

However they have said that keeping a thread in the MR forum for discussions of fares is fine, and we can link to the other thread for the other stuff. This seems like a pretty fair and reasonable solution to me, so other than this explanatory post I will try to do my part to keep to that arrangement.

i.e. I'm sure some amount of chatter is ok but longer discussions that aren't centrally about fares/booking probably should take place in the other thread which angra already linked to but I'll add something in the wiki.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Just finished a PM to Harlemguy. Can share the fare here - JFK SIN for Mar 3-6 Sat = Tue - JFK SEA NRT SIN NRT ATL JFK 21,430 MQM 4.2 cpm That was the lowest fare for those dates and that was even less than leaving from IAH for those dates.
As all of you know as soon as seats fill the price goes up. If you see a low fare book first, you had 24 hrs to cancel. Anything <3.0 cpm is a great fare. The advantage of avoiding DTW is if you are DM you get C+ at no charge, am not willing to use GUC for PE.
Blessings and Happy Travels to all = Bad Flu season so if you haven't gotten your Flu shot, please do. Unfortunately people die from the Flu and it isn't only the old and very young and we certainly don't want it to be any of our readers!
Have a great week and please post lower fares if you find them along with the dates and for new readers please go to the earlier thread which has lots of useful information and an excellent WIKI put together by Zorak!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Looking for other departure cities, which may be of use to other Delta (SkyTeam) flyers.

$789 Apr 16-18 21,604 MQM 3.65 CPM FLL-ATL-NRT-SIN-NRT-DTW-FLL (Third-Highest MQM Value of Recent Posts) Get A350 on NRT-DTW Segment <LINK>

$859 Apr 21-23 19,727 MQM 4.3 CPM AUS-SEA-NRT-SIN-NRT-SEA-AUS <LINK>

$859 Apr 16-18 21,985 MQM 3.9 CPM SAT-ATL-NRT-SIN-NRT-DTW-SAT (Highest MQM Value of Recent Posts) Get A350 on NRT-DTW Segment <LINK>
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Smile

Thanks for posting the other cities and fares which give the readers more options.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by laptoptravel
Looking for other departure cities, which may be of use to other Delta (SkyTeam) flyers.

$789 Apr 16-18 21,604 MQM 3.65 CPM FLL-ATL-NRT-SIN-NRT-DTW-FLL (Third-Highest MQM Value of Recent Posts) Get A350 on NRT-DTW Segment <LINK>

$859 Apr 21-23 19,727 MQM 4.3 CPM AUS-SEA-NRT-SIN-NRT-SEA-AUS <LINK>

$859 Apr 16-18 21,985 MQM 3.9 CPM SAT-ATL-NRT-SIN-NRT-DTW-SAT (Highest MQM Value of Recent Posts) Get A350 on NRT-DTW Segment <LINK>
Nice summary, thanks. I've done the FLL one as I'm ATL based and I've always been surprised it doesn't get mentioned more. Easy position even though it doesn't have quite the West Coast earn.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jiaogulan
Nice summary, thanks. I've done the FLL one as I'm ATL based and I've always been surprised it doesn't get mentioned more. Easy position even though it doesn't have quite the West Coast earn.
If I have more time in the next week, I want to find a way to route Florida/GA/SC/NC through NYC/BOS for a bigger bang for your buck$
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by jiaogulan
I haven't been seeing the west coast-east coast-asia come up as often lately, so east coast start can be more earn than west.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Diplomat, Hertz Chairman's Square, Avis Preferred Plus
It's been a while, just checking in, glad to see you're still finding these great runs to SIN, Csfing1!!

I miss SIN dearly, planning on going back later this year but for vacation!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:56 pm

I haven't been seeing the west coast-east coast-asia come up as often lately, so east coast start can be more earn than west.
Exactly. Can pop down on Spirit even if you have to, if Delta for whatever reason is high.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:22 pm

I agree. I used to often lower the total fare by creatively putting a West Coast->East Coast segment sandwiched in front & behind the East Coast SIN Mileage Run.

Still, I am always searching for an ingenious alternate routing strategy...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.