UA: LAX-SIN $384 RT (17520mi, 2.2cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rbAA
Looking To Meetup?

If you are interested in meeting up or wondering if anyone else is traveling on a certain date, look here.

Date - Segment - Handle

11/1 - LAX - SIN - westleyl
11/1 - LAX - SIN - bsdstone
11/2 - LAX - SIN - irelayer
11/2 - LAX - SIN - EbonyTatas
11/2 - LAX - SIN - Asknorm
11/2 - LAX - SIN - UnitedHeavy
11/2 - LAX - SIN - cocktailsfirst
11/2 - LAX - SIN - UAL
11/2 - LAX - SIN - UA Mike
11/3 - SIN - LAX - westleyl
11/3 - SIN - LAX - bsdstone
11/4 - LAX - SIN - pscabrea
11/4 - SIN - LAX - UAL
11/5 - LAX - SIN - paagal
11/5 - SIN - LAX - irelayer
11/5 - SIN - LAX - EbonyTatas
11/5 - SIN - LAX - Asknorm
11/5 - SIN - LAX - UnitedHeavy
11/5 - SIN - LAX - cocktails first
11/5 - SIN - LAX - UA Mike
11/6 - SIN - LAX - pscabrea
11/7 - SFO - SIN - rbAA
11/8 - SIN - LAX - paagal12
11/8 - LAX - SIN - kmcarter
11/8 - SIN - LAX - paagal12
11/9 - LAX - SIN - SeanTek
11/10 - LAX - SIN - bthumme
11/10 - SIN - LAX - kmcarter
11/12 - SIN - SFO - bthumme
11/12 - SIN - LAX - paagal12
11/19 - SIN - LAX - SeanTek
11/20 - SFO - SIN - jqlx
11/20 - LAX-SIN - GDL
11/22 - LAX - SIN - 985X
11/22 - LAX - SIN - colinary
11/23 - SIN - LAX - jqlx
11/23 SIN-LAX - GDL
11/24 - SIN - LAX - 985X
11/28 - LAX - SIN - capreppie
11/28 LAX-SIN - GDL
11/29 EWR - LAX - SIN - dnpierson1
11/30 SIN-LAX - GDL
12/4 - SIN-LAX - colinary
12/4 - SIN - LAX - EWR
12/5 - SIN - LAX - capreppie
12/5 - LAX - SIN - rojo
12/7 - SFO - SIN - jjmoore
12/10 - SIN - LAX - jjmoore
12/11 - SIN - LAX - rojo
1/23 SIN-LAX-rbAA
Print Wikipost

UA: LAX-SIN $384 RT (17520mi, 2.2cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: Hilton*G, UA*S
Booked round trip EWR-LAX-SIN-LAX-IAD-EWR 1.10-1.15 for 450$, gonna meet some old friends in Singapore before beginning of academic year and super exciting!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by 985X
11/22 LAX - SIN 985X
11/24 SIN - LAX 985X

Please add me to wiki as I have less than 50 posts. Thanks!
Added to Wiki as requested.. Safe Travels
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by SeanTek
Woohoo: I got the low fare! LAX-SIN r/t 11/9 - 11/19, if anyone wants to meet up. Thanks for the great thread, thanks to 985X for the tip (I booked through Canada), and thanks to Flying Machine for all of the offline advice!

The current US price is $896.66. S fare class LAX-SIN, L fare class SIN-LAX.
Nicely done! I have added you to the Wiki as well..
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
If I could be added to the wiki as well please?

Traveling LAX to SIN on 11/2 - 11/5

Thank you!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by EbonyTatas
If I could be added to the wiki as well please?

Traveling LAX to SIN on 11/2 - 11/5

Thank you!
Added as requested.. safe travels
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I live in Singapore. So if anyone wants some help when you get there or to meet up for a drink/coffee/etc. and share travel stores just PM me.

And good luck with the 18 hour flight in coach. UGH.

-RM
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
deleted

Last edited by Voldoo; Nov 9, 2017 at 12:31 pm Reason: protect identity
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thanks! I ended up purchasing two extra seats so if anyone is traveling on 11/2 - 11/5 I am occupying seats 23 A-C and seats 21 J-L and obviously won’t need to be reclining at all during the flight if anyone wanted to grab a seat behind those rows.
You bought the window/aisle and not the middle? You know someone can be seated in the middle seat, or worse, get into a fight with you over trying to take the aisle seat you bought. Am I missing something? Not sure I understand - or you mean to say you bought 3 seats across? If so, be prepared to guard them very carefully from both the GA, FA and other passengers, especially if the flight is full - you'll need to sit in the aisle and physically block access to the window/middle. That will be a potentially stressful flight given you could find 1 or more of your seats gone while you visit the lav - so be prepared to get pretty loud or even potentially physical to guard your purchased space.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
You bought the window/aisle and not the middle? You know someone can be seated in the middle seat, or worse, get into a fight with you over trying to take the aisle seat you bought. Am I missing something? Not sure I understand - or you mean to say you bought 3 seats across? If so, be prepared to guard them very carefully from both the GA, FA and other passengers, especially if the flight is full - you'll need to sit in the aisle and physically block access to the window/middle. That will be a potentially stressful flight given you could find 1 or more of your seats gone while you visit the lav - so be prepared to get pretty loud or even potentially physical to guard your purchased space.
I don't see that happening at all. With the handheld devices that the FA's have these days they clearly know who is in every seat, in fact, it's the FA's whom guard E+ So that anyone trying to poach those seats need to pay additional revenue. In the OP's case they said they purchased two additional seats,which I interpret as three seats in total. If this is what they have done and they have selected I don't think it's our position to scare them! I am trying to put a little bit of balance here by saying OP don't worry those three seats are yours. I have flown this flight several times on the 787 in Coach and it's not that bad
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I actually purchased three seats in total (sort of on accident). Originally my gf was going to join me so I purchased an extra middle seat so it could be the two of us in a row. She ended up not being able to go due to work and I was beyond the cancellation period for my extra ticket. Then last week, an Outlook reminder popped up that I had a $350 travel certificate on United that was going to expire in December. I figured I’d spend the extra $35 and purchase the whole row.

Thanks for warning about the GA/FA but I was assured by the agent on the phone that my “extra” seats are protected for this sort of thing. If I do have some over-zealous passengers I have no problem getting confrontational; I paid for those seats and expect that to be honored.
vg247 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:14 pm

I actually purchased three seats in total (sort of on accident). Originally my gf was going to join me so I purchased an extra middle seat so it could be the two of us in a row. She ended up not being able to go due to work and I was beyond the cancellation period for my extra ticket. Then last week, an Outlook reminder popped up that I had a $350 travel certificate on United that was going to expire in December. I figured I’d spend the extra $35 and purchase the whole row.

Thanks for warning about the GA/FA but I was assured by the agent on the phone that my “extra” seats are protected for this sort of thing. If I do have some over-zealous passengers I have no problem getting confrontational; I paid for those seats and expect that to be honored.
I promise I won't be overzealous

I just had my Germany work trip cancelled; that's going to leave me 12k short of Premier 1K. Even bumping up a trip this year (and I'm NOT looking forward to that, I'm so sick of my life being screwed up for flying), I'd be about 1200 miles short. Picking this up from Rochester would be awesome, but...

And now that you mention it, I too have about 300$ in credits expiring sometime. I've always found those... useless- because I never get to travel 'for fun' and there's not really much I can do with them. If anyone has suggestions, I'd be interested.

-now if I could fly in First .... heh heh...
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by purduephotog
I promise I won't be overzealous

I just had my Germany work trip cancelled; that's going to leave me 12k short of Premier 1K. Even bumping up a trip this year (and I'm NOT looking forward to that, I'm so sick of my life being screwed up for flying), I'd be about 1200 miles short. Picking this up from Rochester would be awesome, but...

And now that you mention it, I too have about 300$ in credits expiring sometime. I've always found those... useless- because I never get to travel 'for fun' and there's not really much I can do with them. If anyone has suggestions, I'd be interested.

-now if I could fly in First .... heh heh...
1200 or 12,000 miles short. If its 12,000 then Check EWR-SIN for a low cost RT(about $450 on UA) work fast and get yourself to EWR on a separate ticket..
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold

Not to be that guy, but if your gf no shows, the seat can be reassigned or given to a standby, even though you paid for it. It's no different then any other no show. You didn't buy the seat as an extra seat - you bought it for another passenger, and UA will ultimately tell you that. Maybe you have a case for it to be assigned last if you explain your situation to the gate agent. I suppose you could always try scanning her boarding pass if you check her in, but that's probably not a smart move either.
Mike Jacoubowsky likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
delete (redundant)
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by BThumme
Not to be that guy, but if your gf no shows, the seat can be reassigned or given to a standby, even though you paid for it. It's no different then any other no show. You didn't buy the seat as an extra seat - you bought it for another passenger, and UA will ultimately tell you that. Maybe you have a case for it to be assigned last if you explain your situation to the gate agent. I suppose you could always try scanning her boarding pass if you check her in, but that's probably not a smart move either.
That probably goes way beyond "not a smart move" and could likely get your MP account cancelled.

Agree 100% that, at T-10 or whatever, missing passenger is going to be off-loaded and seat becomes available to anyone on standby or a non-rev. If OP hasn't already done so, I'd move missing passenger to middle (if not already there) and purchase the aisle or window as the extra seat. Seems less likely they'd fill a middle than an aisle or window, but that's passenger thinking, not gate agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.