UA: LAX-SIN $384 RT (17520mi, 2.2cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rbAA
Looking To Meetup?

If you are interested in meeting up or wondering if anyone else is traveling on a certain date, look here.

Date - Segment - Handle

11/1 - LAX - SIN - westleyl
11/1 - LAX - SIN - bsdstone
11/2 - LAX - SIN - irelayer
11/2 - LAX - SIN - EbonyTatas
11/2 - LAX - SIN - Asknorm
11/2 - LAX - SIN - UnitedHeavy
11/2 - LAX - SIN - cocktailsfirst
11/2 - LAX - SIN - UAL
11/2 - LAX - SIN - UA Mike
11/3 - SIN - LAX - westleyl
11/3 - SIN - LAX - bsdstone
11/4 - LAX - SIN - pscabrea
11/4 - SIN - LAX - UAL
11/5 - LAX - SIN - paagal
11/5 - SIN - LAX - irelayer
11/5 - SIN - LAX - EbonyTatas
11/5 - SIN - LAX - Asknorm
11/5 - SIN - LAX - UnitedHeavy
11/5 - SIN - LAX - cocktails first
11/5 - SIN - LAX - UA Mike
11/6 - SIN - LAX - pscabrea
11/7 - SFO - SIN - rbAA
11/8 - SIN - LAX - paagal12
11/8 - LAX - SIN - kmcarter
11/8 - SIN - LAX - paagal12
11/9 - LAX - SIN - SeanTek
11/10 - LAX - SIN - bthumme
11/10 - SIN - LAX - kmcarter
11/12 - SIN - SFO - bthumme
11/12 - SIN - LAX - paagal12
11/19 - SIN - LAX - SeanTek
11/20 - SFO - SIN - jqlx
11/20 - LAX-SIN - GDL
11/22 - LAX - SIN - 985X
11/22 - LAX - SIN - colinary
11/23 - SIN - LAX - jqlx
11/23 SIN-LAX - GDL
11/24 - SIN - LAX - 985X
11/28 - LAX - SIN - capreppie
11/28 LAX-SIN - GDL
11/29 EWR - LAX - SIN - dnpierson1
11/30 SIN-LAX - GDL
12/4 - SIN-LAX - colinary
12/4 - SIN - LAX - EWR
12/5 - SIN - LAX - capreppie
12/5 - LAX - SIN - rojo
12/7 - SFO - SIN - jjmoore
12/10 - SIN - LAX - jjmoore
12/11 - SIN - LAX - rojo
1/23 SIN-LAX-rbAA
Print Wikipost

UA: LAX-SIN $384 RT (17520mi, 2.2cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by westleyl
Looks like we'll be on the same flights!
I'm in 22A from LAX-SIN and 19A on the return.

Stop by and say Hi...I'll buy you a beer or glass of wine!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, KF Gold, Marriott Titanium
Biz Seat map shows faux polaris configuration (LAX-NRT). Can someone confirm? bummed that they would use the old 787-9 for such a newsworthy route.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by mrswirl
*Edit: to clarify lounge options, as a UA Gold, you will be invited to use the SATS Premier lounge (there's no United Club). You can also use the SQ Krisflyer Gold lounge although SATS is a bet better in my opinion.
I just returned from SIN the other day. I'm UA Platinum, and was able to go into the SQ Krisflyer Gold lounge. The lounge isn't anything special...I was actually REALLY disappointed in their food and beverage selection, not to mention they didn't have any sleep/lounge area to get away from the lights and recline a bit during my 7 hour layover there. I didn't know that I could have gone into the SATS Premier lounge for free (I used my Priority Pass card, so I technically got in for free anyway). That would have been nice to know, though! Anyway, I thought that lounge was a MUCH better option compared to the SQ lounge! Showers, massage chairs, and much better food/beverage!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I just returned from SIN the other day. I'm UA Platinum, and was able to go into the SQ Krisflyer Gold lounge. The lounge isn't anything special...I was actually REALLY disappointed in their food and beverage selection, not to mention they didn't have any sleep/lounge area to get away from the lights and recline a bit during my 7 hour layover there. I didn't know that I could have gone into the SATS Premier lounge for free (I used my Priority Pass card, so I technically got in for free anyway). That would have been nice to know, though! Anyway, I thought that lounge was a MUCH better option compared to the SQ lounge! Showers, massage chairs, and much better food/beverage!
Yes I agree the SATS lounge is heads and shoulders above the star gold lounge that SQ offers. I however did enter the Krisflyer Business Lounge on one journey that experience was quite nice! Quiet, much larger and they even have this automated pressing machine for your sportcoat.. not to mention the bottle of Veuve Cliquot that I polished off..
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Totally agree! I learned this lesson a few years ago and I have not stepped into the SKflyer Gold Lounge since. But I visited the HK SKflyer lounge very often (due to China OJ deal).
westleyl likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K IHG Plat Elite
fare seems to be gone.

Tried booking. doesnt come anymore.. looks like i missed the boat...or plane. lol
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75K , Expedia +Gold
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I'm in 22A from LAX-SIN and 19A on the return.

Stop by and say Hi...I'll buy you a beer or glass of wine!
I'm in 22J from LAX-SIN, not too far from you. Hopefully in E+ on the way back too!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:04 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by paagal12
Tried booking. doesnt come anymore.. looks like i missed the boat...or plane. lol
It has appeared and disappeared overnight for the last 2 or so days that I've been looking. Maybe it will reappear?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by TA
It has appeared and disappeared overnight for the last 2 or so days that I've been looking. Maybe it will reappear?
Try Mexico or Canada site, miracles may happen.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by paagal12
Looks like it is back. Here you go: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...37,SINLAX0UA38
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:49 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Yes, it has reappeared just this morning!

I wonder if this is some kind of daily testing-the-waters with fares to see how much interest they get. Strange that it keeps disappearing and reappearing.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by TA
Yes, it has reappeared just this morning!

I wonder if this is some kind of daily testing-the-waters with fares to see how much interest they get. Strange that it keeps disappearing and reappearing.
Definitely strange! I think they are secretly telling you to book it.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:57 pm

Is this a good run to work on ANA status (credit the miles to ANA)?
Per the ANA web site, it would appear they credit 30% of the UA miles. I'm trying to figure out if this is for redeemable miles or qualifying miles or both?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Many good points above. I flew outbound on Sunday and returned Tuesday. Singapore does not accept mobile boarding passes. You are supposed to visit the UA transfer desk at the E Pier to complete your security questions before proceeding to the gate which happened to be in F yesterday. I was able to press the rent a cops to have the UA employees inside to print my BP for me.

I requested a miles upgrade like many here. I did not clear on the outbound as a Platinum, but did clear on the return as the load was 61 passengers for the entire plane. UA is heavily marketing the flight in the USA and not at all to the local market. As I was flying Polaris, I was granted access to the SQ Business Lounge which is nice. I ended up eating a full meal at the Priority Pass Restaurant TGM which offered a set meal for free.

Those of you flying tomorrow, have a great trip. It is a very long flight x2.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K IHG Plat Elite
Thanks a ton!!

Originally Posted by 985X
Try Mexico or Canada site, miracles may happen.

I was able to book this morning. I did multiple trips. Let’s see how my body reacts. Lol

Outbound- nov 5th. Seat 35j
Return- nov 8th. Seat 34j

Quick turn
Outbound- nov 8th (my brother is joining me for this one). Seat 31b ouch!!!
Return- nov 12th. 33j.

Anyone else on these flights, stop by..but may change seats or upgrade. Lol

Thanks for the heads up flyertalkers!!!!!!!
I truly appreciate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.