UA: LAX-SIN $384 RT (17520mi, 2.2cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rbAA
Looking To Meetup?

If you are interested in meeting up or wondering if anyone else is traveling on a certain date, look here.

Date - Segment - Handle

11/1 - LAX - SIN - westleyl
11/1 - LAX - SIN - bsdstone
11/2 - LAX - SIN - irelayer
11/2 - LAX - SIN - EbonyTatas
11/2 - LAX - SIN - Asknorm
11/2 - LAX - SIN - UnitedHeavy
11/2 - LAX - SIN - cocktailsfirst
11/2 - LAX - SIN - UAL
11/2 - LAX - SIN - UA Mike
11/3 - SIN - LAX - westleyl
11/3 - SIN - LAX - bsdstone
11/4 - LAX - SIN - pscabrea
11/4 - SIN - LAX - UAL
11/5 - LAX - SIN - paagal
11/5 - SIN - LAX - irelayer
11/5 - SIN - LAX - EbonyTatas
11/5 - SIN - LAX - Asknorm
11/5 - SIN - LAX - UnitedHeavy
11/5 - SIN - LAX - cocktails first
11/5 - SIN - LAX - UA Mike
11/6 - SIN - LAX - pscabrea
11/7 - SFO - SIN - rbAA
11/8 - SIN - LAX - paagal12
11/8 - LAX - SIN - kmcarter
11/8 - SIN - LAX - paagal12
11/9 - LAX - SIN - SeanTek
11/10 - LAX - SIN - bthumme
11/10 - SIN - LAX - kmcarter
11/12 - SIN - SFO - bthumme
11/12 - SIN - LAX - paagal12
11/19 - SIN - LAX - SeanTek
11/20 - SFO - SIN - jqlx
11/20 - LAX-SIN - GDL
11/22 - LAX - SIN - 985X
11/22 - LAX - SIN - colinary
11/23 - SIN - LAX - jqlx
11/23 SIN-LAX - GDL
11/24 - SIN - LAX - 985X
11/28 - LAX - SIN - capreppie
11/28 LAX-SIN - GDL
11/29 EWR - LAX - SIN - dnpierson1
11/30 SIN-LAX - GDL
12/4 - SIN-LAX - colinary
12/4 - SIN - LAX - EWR
12/5 - SIN - LAX - capreppie
12/5 - LAX - SIN - rojo
12/7 - SFO - SIN - jjmoore
12/10 - SIN - LAX - jjmoore
12/11 - SIN - LAX - rojo
1/23 SIN-LAX-rbAA
Print Wikipost

UA: LAX-SIN $384 RT (17520mi, 2.2cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by BThumme
About two and a half weeks out it half the cabin filled. It went from F9 to F0, and I haven’t even seen the flight for sale this week. I watched seats slowly deplete, and then all of a sudden, there was nothing. Then one or two seats popped back up, but then they disappeared.

Didn’t need a volunteer for ord-lax, but the app is asking me if I want to volunteer lax-sin.

Hypothetically...what would make the most sense? Get a travel voucher, fly back to dtw, and get ORC? There’s no other way to make my connection back to sfo the next morning.
Can you VDB and be rerouted via SFO? Is NRT an option?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:44 pm

11/27 LAX to SIN

Booked the cheap RT LAX to SIN on 11/27. 28 hrs on the ground in SIN. If anyone else on this trip hit me up.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by pbartp
Can you VDB and be rerouted via SFO? Is NRT an option?
DIdnt need anyone.

In fact, boarding with group 1 was a mess. There was no formal announcement for boarding, and they started boarding multiple groups at once. I boarded with group 1 but we boarded slowly. Economy was well boarded by the time I got in, and of course I had to wait for everyone in business to get accommodated since group 1 boarded through the front door.

That said, I still have about 5 hours to go, but it’s not that bad. They didn’t need anyone for volunteer, and the UA club lady actually said first was oversold - that would be a major bummer to have to be downgraded on this route (but That didn’t happen).

One person cleared the upgrade list at the last minute.

I’ve been in 27J, the exit row aisle. It was a bit tight at first but once I got settled in, it’s great having all the legroom and being able to get up. Not seeing the sun is a bit triply though.

Still 5 hours to go to SIN but I’m feeling pretty good.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme
DIdnt need anyone.

In fact, boarding with group 1 was a mess. There was no formal announcement for boarding, and they started boarding multiple groups at once. I boarded with group 1 but we boarded slowly. Economy was well boarded by the time I got in, and of course I had to wait for everyone in business to get accommodated since group 1 boarded through the front door.

That said, I still have about 5 hours to go, but it’s not that bad. They didn’t need anyone for volunteer, and the UA club lady actually said first was oversold - that would be a major bummer to have to be downgraded on this route (but That didn’t happen).

One person cleared the upgrade list at the last minute.

I’ve been in 27J, the exit row aisle. It was a bit tight at first but once I got settled in, it’s great having all the legroom and being able to get up. Not seeing the sun is a bit triply though.

Still 5 hours to go to SIN but I’m feeling pretty good.
Excellent. Not a bad seat if you can’t go Biz. Enjoy the rest of your flight.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Looks like this may be gone by now

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=STAR_ALLIANCE

Shows $800 - $1900
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:36 pm

Who's in SIN now? Here for several more days.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: UAL Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Chase UR
New FT user here. Flying LAX to SIN 12/5 to 12/11. Just upgraded to Econ+ because I'm kind of dreading this long flight, ha!
Staying at the new Andaz. Cheers!
bsdstone likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: UA AA DL Hilton blah, blah, blah
Just returned from my LAX-SIN-LAX adventure. Thanks to everyone who pointed out the $384 RT fare. This was one of the bargains of the year, plus the fun factor was priceless.

On a personal note, this was my longest flight ever!! The Nov 5 flight from LAX-SIN clocked in at 9,364 miles due to circumventing some weather in the Pacific Ocean.

It will be very, very hard to break this. Cheers and good luck to the FT'ers doing these flights back to back!!
GDL likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by MaxSpeed
Just returned from my LAX-SIN-LAX adventure. Thanks to everyone who pointed out the $384 RT fare. This was one of the bargains of the year, plus the fun factor was priceless.

On a personal note, this was my longest flight ever!! The Nov 5 flight from LAX-SIN clocked in at 9,364 miles due to circumventing some weather in the Pacific Ocean.

It will be very, very hard to break this. Cheers and good luck to the FT'ers doing these flights back to back!!
Check this out https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL37 flight time of 18 hours 18 mins. WOW.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
I haven't got my seat assignment yet (don't wanna pay for E+), and now the standby list shows the economy is FULL. If I check-in at the very last minute, will I get a surprise? (VDB voucher or upgrade?) I have no status with UA, and I heard UA only upgrades MP members..
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by 985X
I haven't got my seat assignment yet (don't wanna pay for E+), and now the standby list shows the economy is FULL. If I check-in at the very last minute, will I get a surprise? (VDB voucher or upgrade?) I have no status with UA, and I heard UA only upgrades MP members..
What date are you flying? First, check the seat map. If there are no E- seats available, go ahead and check in. If the flight is oversold, UA may ask you if you are willing to give up your seat. Usually, first-come first-served, so checking in early may be an advantage. If not, you will want to ask the gate agent once you arrive at the airport. I am almost positive you will not be offered an upgrade. There are probably several pax in coach who are using various instruments to upg, which will clear some seats in economy--but those should be good seats (E+).

Good luck.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
What date are you flying? First, check the seat map. If there are no E- seats available, go ahead and check in. If the flight is oversold, UA may ask you if you are willing to give up your seat. Usually, first-come first-served, so checking in early may be an advantage. If not, you will want to ask the gate agent once you arrive at the airport. I am almost positive you will not be offered an upgrade. There are probably several pax in coach who are using various instruments to upg, which will clear some seats in economy--but those should be good seats (E+).

Good luck.
According to the Wiki, @985X flies on Nov 22. I looked at the flight status, and it does say economy is booked full, and the seat map shows 13 E+ seats available, and 1 E- seat available. The fare classes look like this right now:
  • J9 JN9 C9 D9 Z9 ZN9 P9 PN0 R0 RN0 IN0 I0 Y9 YN9 B9 M9 E9 U9 H8 HN8 Q8 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 N9 XN0 X0
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

Now even the inbound journey looks insane... Is it possible if I call UA to change my travel date since the flight is oversold?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by 985X

Now even the inbound journey looks insane... Is it possible if I call UA to change my travel date since the flight is oversold?
I actually wouldn't sweat it that much there's nine business class seats or greater for sale. Those whom are on the upgrade list, I assume premier members haveing E+ seating already will be upgraded to business which will make room for the coach passengers that have no seats.. you will probably be assigned a E+ plus seat at the gate or sooner..however that will not yield you many empties to move around. The UA app is your friend in situations like this so keep on monitoring the seat map. Thanks and safe travels and let us know how it turns out
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Check this out https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL37 flight time of 18 hours 18 mins. WOW.
Remember that FlightAware now shows total time including taxiing. You have to calculate actual flying time from the listed take-off and landing times. In this case the total flying time was 17:50 if FlightAware's data is correct. FlightAware is not known to be 100% accurate outside of North America.

Either way, still a long flight time. When I took LAX-SIN last month we had a 16:40 flying time and arrived in SIN quite a bit early.

-RM
pbartp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.