Wiki Posts
Search

AA: ORD – DFW – HKG - PEK $580 17K miles 3.5 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2015, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by danielm
Though I haven't seen any fares with a booking code that will actually earn.

No Mileage Credit: K, M, L, V, Q, S, G, N
That's the same for CX though - that's all I'm saying. Complain to AA that CX Economy flights rarely earn anything, I dislike it too. :P
Old Sep 26, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
AA: ORD – DFW – HKG - PEK $580 17K miles 3.5 cpm

None of the cpm computed in this thread includes the HKG-PEK leg , so still a great low cpm deal.

One can also choose Air China if you want the HKG-PEK leg to credit to a *A FFP.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Does anyone know if the 72 hour no visa requirement would be applicable if less than 72 hours was spend in PEK? I'm guessing it would because HKG doesn't require a visa & I'd be returning to a different destination (ORD) than I came from (HKG). Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
Does anyone know if the 72 hour no visa requirement would be applicable if less than 72 hours was spend in PEK? I'm guessing it would because HKG doesn't require a visa & I'd be returning to a different destination (ORD) than I came from (HKG). Thanks
Only if you spend time in HKG. If you do USA-HKG(2hours)-PEK-USA you need a visa, if you spend time in HKG you won't need a visa in PEK
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Only if you spend time in HKG. If you do USA-HKG(2hours)-PEK-USA you need a visa, if you spend time in HKG you won't need a visa in PEK
It doesn't matter if you "spend time" in HKG.. as long as the the country prior to and after PEK is different then it's all good.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: AA Exp, United Silver, Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum
When should these be booked by ?

I do not see a MUST BE ISSUED in the FARE RULES.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
Wish this one had popped up 3 weeks ago when I was planning my DUB trip! Would have done this instead!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
I thought AA FF mile policy was that if you bought your tix through AA, all flights regardless of metal would accrue mileage as it was an AA flight...?

So if you purchase this run through AA, all parts would accrue mileage?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
You are allowed to stay in China for 72 hours max visa free for transit through PEK or PVG. Make sure to have your onward boarding pass/itinerary available. That's what they want to see before stamping your passport. Coming in from HKG is considered "international" by the mainlander authorities.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by abraxis
I thought AA FF mile policy was that if you bought your tix through AA, all flights regardless of metal would accrue mileage as it was an AA flight...?

So if you purchase this run through AA, all parts would accrue mileage?
Nope only AA MARKED AND TICKETED

i.e a CX flight marked as AAxxxx and booked on AA will earn miles as per AA millage policy.
but not CX filght marked as CX and booked a AA.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 8:26 pm

Is anyone able to HOLD these tickets on AA. I do not get the option ? is this because of CX flight marked as CX?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Originally Posted by fnuhenry
Is anyone able to HOLD these tickets on AA. I do not get the option ? is this because of CX flight marked as CX?
Yes, you can't put holds on itineraries that involve non-AA metal.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by XLR26
Yes, you can't put holds on itineraries that involve non-AA metal.
Can you cancel the ticket in 24 Hrs ?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by fnuhenry
Can you cancel the ticket in 24 Hrs ?
In theory yes. In practice a friend of mine is fighting this with the DoT now after AA refused to refund a ticket he wasn't allowed to hold only 2 hours after he booked it
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: AA-EXP SPG-Plat 100/LTG. HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
In theory yes. In practice a friend of mine is fighting this with the DoT now after AA refused to refund a ticket he wasn't allowed to hold only 2 hours after he booked it
AA policy is also not to allow holds if the ticket is purchased less than seven days from departure. My sister ran into this on a great fare ticket that she needed to change within 2 hours of booking. Luckily, she was able to call AA & change return date free of charge.

(From AA WEBSITE)
Q: How do I "Hold" a reservation?
A: You may place your reservation on hold for 24 hours if you are booking your reservation seven or more days prior to departure. When you make a reservation on aa.com for American Airlines flights, including American flights operated by codeshare partners, look for the “Free 24 hour hold” option on the “Review and Pay” page during the booking process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.