Reload this Page >

AA: ORD – DFW – HKG - PEK $580 17K miles 3.5 cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: ORD – DFW – HKG - PEK $580 17K miles 3.5 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:37 pm

As a newbie, I wonder how are these fares usually discovered? Through random search?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:09 pm

going to google flights plugging in all the common long haul destinations to see if there are any significant outliers.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Looks like they fixed the fuel surcharge & the fares are $200+ higher.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
Looks like they fixed the fuel surcharge & the fares are $200+ higher.
No they haven't, it still prices out < $600 for various dates I just tried.

Did you pull this up in ITA to verify proper fuel surcharges are being applied or are you just guessing because a specific date you tried was more expensive than before? A price increase on a specific date could simply mean the lowest fare bucket is gone.

Last edited by whimike; Oct 5, 2015 at 1:18 pm
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Looks like BOS-HKG is at $504 for a few days in November. Possible to build a stop in PEK on the return for the same price. sample dates Nov 11th to HKG, Nov 14th to PEK, Nov 16th back to BOS
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by whimike
No they haven't, it still prices out < $600 for various dates I just tried.

Did you pull this up in ITA to verify proper fuel surcharges are being applied or are you just guessing because a specific date you tried was more expensive than before? A price increase on a specific date could simply mean the lowest fare bucket is gone.
I just realized my mistake, and I'm glad to hear it's still there. I was trying to do a quicker turn by routing through PEK before HKG and the YR is $350. You are correct if you route to HKG first.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:05 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
I just realized my mistake, and I'm glad to hear it's still there. I was trying to do a quicker turn by routing through PEK before HKG and the YR is $350. You are correct if you route to HKG first.
You can route through PEK then on to HKG if you do an open-jaw back to the US. I.E.:

SFO-DFW-PEK-HKG then PEK-DFW-SFO, though you would need to get yourself to PEK on the way back.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA Exp, United Silver, Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by theAAstudentBOS
Looks like BOS-HKG is at $504 for a few days in November. Possible to build a stop in PEK on the return for the same price. sample dates Nov 11th to HKG, Nov 14th to PEK, Nov 16th back to BOS
The cheapest (which i am going to missed - due to not planning properly) is

SFO-DFW-HKG-PEK-DFW-SFo for $514.

Atleast what i found.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:13 pm

BOS-HKG-PEK-BOS is still pricing out for me at $504 on aa.com. sample dates Nov 10-12-15. About the same as SFO, but a bit better and from my base

Last edited by theAAstudentBOS; Oct 7, 2015 at 3:21 pm
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:42 pm

BOS-HKG-PEK-BOS is still pricing out for me at $504 on aa.com. sample dates Nov 10-12-15. About the same as SFO, but a bit better and from my base
Are you still seeing this? I can't replicate it.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Are you still seeing this? I can't replicate it.
Yup! For some reason using the multi-city tool refuses to put the cheapest fare(s) up top (at least for me), so you gotta scroll down. Looks like the $504 fares are gone, but there are still flights coming out to $508, basically the same
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:00 pm

Yup! For some reason using the multi-city tool refuses to put the cheapest fare(s) up top (at least for me), so you gotta scroll down. Looks like the $504 fares are gone, but there are still flights coming out to $508, basically the same
Ok, idiot proof this for me. What dates/ city pairs are you searching?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Ok, idiot proof this for me. What dates/ city pairs are you searching?
Just checked again to make sure I'm not the idiot

Nov 10 to HKG, Nov 12 to Pek, Nov 15 back to BOS. On aa.com's multi-city tool should come out to $508. At least it is for me
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: SQ
The BOS fares can be found on Google flights, which is as idiot-proof as this kind of stuff gets.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
The BOS fares can be found on Google flights, which is as idiot-proof as this kind of stuff gets.
definitely true. although google flights caches, so it's not always completely up to date. but here it is pretty accurate haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.