Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: ORD – DFW – HKG - PEK $580 17K miles 3.5 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Exp, United Silver, Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Chapdaddy
AA policy is also not to allow holds if the ticket is purchased less than seven days from departure. My sister ran into this on a great fare ticket that she needed to change within 2 hours of booking. Luckily, she was able to call AA & change return date free of charge.

(From AA WEBSITE)
Q: How do I "Hold" a reservation?
A: You may place your reservation on hold for 24 hours if you are booking your reservation seven or more days prior to departure. When you make a reservation on aa.com for American Airlines flights, including American flights operated by codeshare partners, look for the “Free 24 hour hold” option on the “Review and Pay” page during the booking process.
The problem is there is no HOLD option at the checkout since one of the flight is on CODESHARE but marked as CX. I will call platinum desk today to hold my ticket i am sure they can over ride the system.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:15 pm

Damn, 17k miles is a .... ton for just $580...

I'm at 4,382 of 25,000 (YTD), and I am getting another 6000ish from flying to Barca in mid october. So, I should be at 10k, with this, I'll Gold...

Maybe I should apply for the EXP challlenge instead and go straight to that?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by mokarney
Damn, 17k miles is a .... ton for just $580...

I'm at 4,382 of 25,000 (YTD), and I am getting another 6000ish from flying to Barca in mid october. So, I should be at 10k, with this, I'll Gold...

Maybe I should apply for the EXP challlenge instead and go straight to that?
I thought you cannot cannot apply for Exp Chal - Am i wrong ????
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by fnuhenry
I thought you cannot cannot apply for Exp Chal - Am i wrong ????
You still can, if you have UA 1K or DL Diamond status.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by lewende
You still can, if you have UA 1K or DL Diamond status.
thx. forgot about that.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
In theory yes. In practice a friend of mine is fighting this with the DoT now after AA refused to refund a ticket he wasn't allowed to hold only 2 hours after he booked it
You CAN get AA to refund these tickets within 24 hours of booking (and yes as the other poster made a comment about the flight within a week - that i realize is not refundable anymore but is not the issue... phone agents will try to bring this up so just be ready to remind them it is not within 7 days) I have filled multiple DOT complaints about this process because AA is constantly violating DOT rules by not informing their phone agents. Anyway the best way to get a refund of a booking that had to be paid immediately due to a non AA flight number (of course said booking needs to be for flights greater than 7 days out) is to call in and request the web services dept. From there you may have to walk them through how you created the booking to show them that the hold option is not provided at the end. I had to go through this numerous times with US flights because I'd want the US flight number to allow upgrades to process. Be ready for a hassle but it can be done... just be patient and request the web desk right away.. they will at least be able to walk through the steps you took and verify there is no hold / process refund. Best of luck... don't let them con you out of a refund if its eligible. ^
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:00 pm

Deleted

Last edited by fnuhenry; Oct 1, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Is this still valid? Anyone know the fare, specifically, is it ORD-PEK with a free stopover in HKG? I must be missing something.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:42 pm
LPN

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, HH DIA
I just checked using multi city search, ord-hkg-pek-ord and found for $556. dates were 11/10 (ord-hkg), 11/12(hkg-pek), 11/14(pek-ord). Has ~1 hour layovers in DFW.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Thanks LPN, I found what I needed:
Fare 1: Carrier AA OLY0C4Z1 CHI to BJS (rules) $272
Fare 2: Carrier AA OLY0C4Z1 BJS to CHI (rules) $145
YR is $28
Adding taxes and fees it totals up to $556.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat 2 mil miler, SkyMiles basic, Mileage Plus basic
Originally Posted by LPN
I just checked using multi city search, ord-hkg-pek-ord and found for $556. dates were 11/10 (ord-hkg), 11/12(hkg-pek), 11/14(pek-ord). Has ~1 hour layovers in DFW.
Looking to do this itinerary almost same time--can you share any details on the rules? like to go ORD-HKG 11/13 HKG-PEK 11/15 and PEK-ORD 11/17 all are +/- 1-2 days if fare is right. I have to turn right around and do ORD/DFW-HKG-MAA/BLR before Thanksgiving weekend is over. Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by hawaii2midtown
FANTASTIC deal

http://www.theflightdeal.com/2015/09...ing-all-taxes/
pnooooooppppp

N

Njnn

Loop
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by rampatt
Looking to do this itinerary almost same time--can you share any details on the rules? like to go ORD-HKG 11/13 HKG-PEK 11/15 and PEK-ORD 11/17 all are +/- 1-2 days if fare is right. I have to turn right around and do ORD/DFW-HKG-MAA/BLR before Thanksgiving weekend is over. Thanks!
I looked up the fare rules & here are a few key points (sorry, don't know how to setup the scrolling boxes):
PERMITTED TUE/THU/SAT/SUN ON EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
PERMITTED 01OCT15 THROUGH 30NOV15 ON THE OUTBOUND
TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON DATE OF
ORIGIN.
TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE
NO EARLIER THAN 3 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND
TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT AT USD
100.00 EACH
CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
So would this earn 10k EQM? I'm looking to do the AA Status Challenge (people have been saying you can still do it) in one weekend. Possible?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by greycap7
So would this earn 10k EQM? I'm looking to do the AA Status Challenge (people have been saying you can still do it) in one weekend. Possible?
status challenge is EQP based, careful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.