FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   BA: France - Canada €275! ai (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1706709-ba-france-canada-275-ai.html)

TheBOSman Sep 1, 2015 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 25361963)
OSL SFO available on BA for around €340...

I believe that price has been around off and on since Norwegian started service to OAK.

cvision Sep 1, 2015 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 25362264)
I believe that price has been around off and on since Norwegian started service to OAK.

Yes, nothing too special for ex-OSL/BGO/SVG.

High Flying Sep 1, 2015 5:21 pm

It really shouldn't be a big deal in this particular case. On the other hand, calling the airline should really be avoided if you can, in order to keep the deal alive for as long as possible. You may have already booked, but there are many other members here who could benefit from this fare.

We are a community here at FT and let's always keep looking out for our fellow travelers. It also indirectly benefits you seeing as they're likely to close future loopholes once you've informed them that they exist!

yuel Sep 1, 2015 6:18 pm

Really, I understand you calling, but its still not acceptable while the deal is still available, and why ask if it the airfare is an mistake? how does that help you or anyone?

Pipo1 Sep 2, 2015 9:05 am

Originally Posted by High Flying (Post 25363504)
It really shouldn't be a big deal in this particular case. On the other hand, calling the airline should really be avoided if you can, in order to keep the deal alive for as long as possible. You may have already booked, but there are many other members here who could benefit from this fare.

We are a community here at FT and let's always keep looking out for our fellow travelers. It also indirectly benefits you seeing as they're likely to close future loopholes once you've informed them that they exist!

I called BA because there were two different bookings with different codes in my account, all for the same booking.
Before I called BA I checked if the fare was still there but that was not the case, prices were up to €950,- again.
Would never kill a fare by calling and do want others to benefit from a crazy fare... That's it!

The_Bouncer Sep 2, 2015 9:14 am

So the deal dies minutes after someone calls to ask it's a mistake. Coincidence?

What part of "DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINE" is so difficult to get?

CZBB Sep 4, 2015 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Pipo1 (Post 25359785)
Just booked 4 tickets and called BA to upgrade using avios. Lady told me it was not possible to upgrade with avios because this was their cheapest possible fare (S).
I asked if this may be a mistake fare because I read some things about BA cancelling fares. She told me there were some problems with F fares but in this case there was no error/mistake.

We have our tickets now. Will just wait a few weeks for booking possitioning flights to be absolutely sure...

Would be a great deal to travel so far with the kids!

Thanks for making extra sure no one else would get in on the deal! I'm sure everyone here appreciates you for it.

wobbly wings Sep 5, 2015 4:11 am

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer (Post 25366615)
So the deal dies minutes after someone calls to ask it's a mistake. Coincidence?

What part of "DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINE" is so difficult to get?

The meaning of "NOT" apparently.

The_Bouncer Sep 5, 2015 5:41 am

Originally Posted by CZBB (Post 25376876)
Thanks for making extra sure no one else would get in on the deal! I'm sure everyone here appreciates you for it.

I understand why some people don't share deals publicly, if behaviour like this is going to screw it up for everyone.