FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   BA: France - Canada €275! ai (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1706709-ba-france-canada-275-ai.html)

clearedforlanding Aug 31, 2015 1:04 pm

There have been low price transatlantic tickets out of OSL, ARN, CPH etc. I don't see why this can't be a genuine one ex-France. I'd happily book this if I needed it without worrying about BA cancelling.

Guava Aug 31, 2015 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 25356511)
At this rate I think BA will be soon employing more backroom staff!

Why should they? They can just claim mistake fare and then cancel without notice.

headingwest Aug 31, 2015 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Guava (Post 25356580)
Why should they? They can just claim mistake fare and then cancel without notice.

Yeah, but they need to work out the refunds!

SEA-Flyer Aug 31, 2015 1:19 pm

This would be a useful fare for me (being based in CDG and needing to get back to SEA).

But with all the crap BA has pulled lately, I'm not sure I should bother trying to book it.

headingwest Aug 31, 2015 1:22 pm

For BA Executive Club members these are booking into 'S', that's 50% for Avios and Tier Points (i.e. 90 TPs for the return trip).

ABeautifulPlaceInThe Aug 31, 2015 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 25356511)
At this rate I think BA will be soon employing more backroom staff!

They are. Check the Cancun thread. I posted a job advert from last week where they are looking for Revenue Management candidates with excel skills. I kid you not.

15cats Aug 31, 2015 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 (Post 25356358)
For EUR 40-50 more you can route via the USA-i.e. NCE-LON-MIA-LAX-YVR v.v.
(note that this does go over MPM, in which case the appropriate overage would be due.)

For anyone looking to book this, I would highly recommend connecting in the USA. BA will have a tough time calling this fare an EF, especially if booked through the US for an extra 50 euros. DOT will have some jurisdiction if you book through the US, which should provide additional protections.

$1 base fares are quite common actually and the taxes and fees are charged appropriately. Book now, worry later

FlytheTail Aug 31, 2015 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by 15cats (Post 25356647)
DOT will have some jurisdiction if you book through the US, which should provide additional protections.

Not necessarily; a recent deal wasn't enforced by DOT unless the ticket originated or terminated in the U.S. (in transit didn't count).

SFO777 Aug 31, 2015 1:50 pm

Even found some days with AA code-shares where EXPs may be able to upgrade to J with SWUs.

https://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/Bri....27%20PM-L.png

FlyingOutTLV Aug 31, 2015 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 25356772)
Even found some days with AA code-shares where EXPs may be able to upgrade to J with SWUs.

You can't apply SWU to a codeshare flight. From the AA website: "Systemwide upgrades are available for one-way travel for up to three segments on American, American Eagle and US Airways marketed and operated flights".

SFO777 Aug 31, 2015 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV (Post 25356840)
You can't apply SWU to a codeshare flight. From the AA website: "Systemwide upgrades are available for one-way travel for up to three segments on American, American Eagle and US Airways marketed and operated flights".

That's why I included "may be able". ;)
Some have reported success.

jose2000 Aug 31, 2015 2:15 pm

This is where it gets confusing. It's cheap but it's not that cheap.. it's only economy

jose2000 Aug 31, 2015 2:17 pm

The confusing thing is that they route through hubs from local airports to boost the trade in these minor places, and to do that they lower the prices so it's not always clear if it's a pricing mistake or not.

Smiley90 Aug 31, 2015 2:24 pm

Well I booked CDG-YVR-CDG for 350 USD.

If they cancel .... them, but lawl.

Originally Posted by jose2000 (Post 25356915)
This is where it gets confusing. It's cheap but it's not that cheap.. it's only economy

...that's still very cheap for an Economy flight Canada-Europe. Easily >50% off.

bodory Aug 31, 2015 2:28 pm

Probably dumpable.

By the way BA is no longer what it used to be : not so long ago you could fly TATL F with them for 350 USD ;)