FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   BA: France - Canada €275! ai (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1706709-ba-france-canada-275-ai.html)

terminalfive Aug 31, 2015 2:32 pm

BA: France - Canada €275! ai

bodory - you made me laugh there

jose2000 Aug 31, 2015 3:11 pm

There will be strikes if this gets called off. Half of france will grind to a halt.

There will even be people outside the houses of quebec protesting about human rights, so this better not be another BA 'mistake'. The poor work experience kid has already been bog-washed twice this month. Next they'll have to take away his free lunches.

DavidBRKLYN Aug 31, 2015 3:41 pm

I am finding the dates and fares I want on Kayak (for example ORY>LHR>YVR>LHR>ORY fro €307) but when I click through to the BA site the prices skyrocket.

How are you guys booking this?

A little help here, please.

Nikolaos Aug 31, 2015 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by DavidBRKLYN (Post 25357320)
I am finding the dates and fares I want on Kayak (for example ORY>LHR>YVR>LHR>ORY fro €307) but when I click through to the BA site the prices skyrocket.

Go directly to BA website.

headingwest Aug 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by DavidBRKLYN (Post 25357320)

Best to book directly on ba.com

orbitmic Aug 31, 2015 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 25356335)
Doesn't everyone know this is impossibly low and BA can't possibly intend to sell any tickets at this price? Won't someone think of The World's most ineffective revenue management Favourite Airline! Only crooks and thieves on the internet would book this :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: .

:D

orbitmic Aug 31, 2015 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 25356511)
At this rate I think BA will be soon employing more backroom staff!

although it would probably be much wiser to fire the ones (at Revenue Management) that they have...

Smiley90 Aug 31, 2015 7:55 pm

How can I check if my flight's been ticketed? Not like it matters for cancellations...

bodory Sep 1, 2015 2:03 am

Originally Posted by terminalfive (Post 25357009)
bodory - you made me laugh there

My pleasure :)

Back to the topic, ba.com is pricing CDG-DFW-YVR-LHR-ORY on AA/BA metal 339 EUR for French All Saints holidays. Not a bad deal.

RoundWay Sep 1, 2015 2:19 am

very nice find. Worth a try imo

NA-Flyer Sep 1, 2015 2:25 am

Originally Posted by tarman (Post 25356310)
AVOID!!
these fares are useless. BA will simply cancel your tickets after issuing an eticket

And you will wait ages to get back the money into your credit card :td:

mlqsko Sep 1, 2015 3:01 am

As these are Economy fares (and not 90% OFF regular price), this will be most likely honored if it is a mistake at all.

Pipo1 Sep 1, 2015 3:01 am

Booked

Just booked 4 tickets and called BA to upgrade using avios. Lady told me it was not possible to upgrade with avios because this was their cheapest possible fare (S).
I asked if this may be a mistake fare because I read some things about BA cancelling fares. She told me there were some problems with F fares but in this case there was no error/mistake.

We have our tickets now. Will just wait a few weeks for booking possitioning flights to be absolutely sure...

Would be a great deal to travel so far with the kids!

cvision Sep 1, 2015 3:26 am

First, yay - you call them! Second, how would anyone at Reservations/BAEC exactly know that it's not an error...

FWIW, the fare (at least to YYC) is also good over new year's eve. Thought about doing it, but will wait for another sale/error (on another carrier then for sure...)

AAtticus Sep 1, 2015 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Pipo1 (Post 25359785)
Just booked 4 tickets and called BA to upgrade using avios. Lady told me it was not possible to upgrade with avios because this was their cheapest possible fare (S).
I asked if this may be a mistake fare because I read some things about BA cancelling fares. She told me there were some problems with F fares but in this case there was no error/mistake.

We have our tickets now. Will just wait a few weeks for booking possitioning flights to be absolutely sure...

Would be a great deal to travel so far with the kids!

I'm pretty sure this is not an error fare, and if so they will be honoured but having confirmation from somebody at BA just doesn't cut it anymore. The confirmation I need is when I'm actually on the plane itself. For both the Germany and Prague fares people were assured via several BA channels that they would be able to travel (booked spa appointments, changed itineraries etc...) And they cancelled anyway.