FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   BA: France - Canada €275! ai (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1706709-ba-france-canada-275-ai.html)

Pipo1 Sep 1, 2015 4:21 am

Originally Posted by cvision (Post 25359840)
First, yay - you call them! Second, how would anyone at Reservations/BAEC exactly know that it's not an error...

FWIW, the fare (at least to YYC) is also good over new year's eve. Thought about doing it, but will wait for another sale/error (on another carrier then for sure...)

First: read the other threads about mistake fares and calling BA.
Second, I don't know what they know and what not. I just inform what the lady told me, that's all.

Keter Sep 1, 2015 4:21 am

I just wanted to check the sales restrictions to see why its not on ITA/ EF, but looks gone now.

DavidBRKLYN Sep 1, 2015 4:22 am

Sorry to be such a newbie...

Been to BA site but same dates (whole range, actually) that price out at €308 on Kayak show up as €450+ per leg! Sometimes I strangely see €190 listed as lowest fare just under the tab where I select the day but then in the list of flights even the leg listed as the "lowest" prices €450+

Been to both english and french BA sites.

...I must be doing something wrong here, no?

Keter Sep 1, 2015 4:29 am

Originally Posted by DavidBRKLYN (Post 25359978)
Sorry to be such a newbie...

Been to BA site but same dates (whole range, actually) that price out at €308 on Kayak show up as €450+ per leg! Sometimes I strangely see €190 listed as lowest fare just under the tab where I select the day but then in the list of flights even the leg listed as the "lowest" prices €450+

Been to both english and french BA sites.

...I must be doing something wrong here, no?

Means fare gone...

danger Sep 1, 2015 5:12 am

First, yay - you call them!

I'm with Pipo1, particularly as the fare is gone. BA can't be trusted.

Second, how would anyone at Reservations/BAEC exactly know that it's not an error...

Really? If reservations doesn't know, who does? It's 100% their area. Or maybe we should be asking to be through to the legal department or straight to the CEO to get their authority.

idriveinuk Sep 1, 2015 5:59 am

i can not see the pricing neither..
help? how would you book the segments on ba to reflect pricing?
or definitely gone..? cheers

FFlyerCDG Sep 1, 2015 6:16 am

Originally Posted by idriveinuk (Post 25360255)
i can not see the pricing neither..
help? how would you book the segments on ba to reflect pricing?
or definitely gone..? cheers

As it as been written several times since 11.41AM, it's unfortunately DEAD !!!
At least on BA...

idriveinuk Sep 1, 2015 8:35 am

r.i.p. let's wait for next! by the way, how would you construct the segments?

AA_EXP09 Sep 1, 2015 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Pipo1 (Post 25359785)
Just booked 4 tickets and called BA to upgrade using avios. Lady told me it was not possible to upgrade with avios because this was their cheapest possible fare (S).
I asked if this may be a mistake fare because I read some things about BA cancelling fares. She told me there were some problems with F fares but in this case there was no error/mistake.

We have our tickets now. Will just wait a few weeks for booking possitioning flights to be absolutely sure...

Would be a great deal to travel so far with the kids!

Seriously?
You don't check your itin/fare classes in checkmytrip before seeing if you can upgrade???
(and made sure that the fare was dead before calling)
(also, only my PARLON segment is in S....)

bodory Sep 1, 2015 8:52 am

Bolding is mine.

Just booked 4 tickets and called BA to upgrade using avios. Lady told me it was not possible to upgrade with avios because this was their cheapest possible fare (S).

Let's call that a rookie mistake.

I asked if this may be a mistake fare because I read some things about BA cancelling fares. She told me there were some problems with F fares but in this case there was no error/mistake.

But that one, seriously ?!?

Smiley90 Sep 1, 2015 10:34 am

Oh god why would you call them AND tell them... -.- Now at least I'll know who to blame if my tickets get cancelled. But seriously why did you think that was a good idea... AND for something as easy to check yourself like fare class...

Pipo1 Sep 1, 2015 10:52 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 (Post 25360960)
Seriously?
You don't check your itin/fare classes in checkmytrip before seeing if you can upgrade???
(and made sure that the fare was dead before calling)
(also, only my PARLON segment is in S....)

NO, wanted this fare with or without upgrade.
YES, I checked and prices were up to original €950,-

Smiley90 Sep 1, 2015 11:01 am

The connecting fares I want to book are only available til September 10 so I hope this either sticks or gets cancelled before then or I'll be screwed.

Any idea on what my best course of action shoukd be, aside from paying extra for a flex ticket?

henkybaby Sep 1, 2015 11:55 am

OSL SFO available on BA for around €340...

SFO777 Sep 1, 2015 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 25361963)
OSL SFO available on BA for around €340...

Whoa, and it's not even Thursday. ;)