FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   BA: France - Canada €275! ai (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1706709-ba-france-canada-275-ai.html)

Murdocki Aug 31, 2015 11:52 am

BA: France - Canada €275! ai

Ex, from Toulouse to Vancouver

http://i.imgur.com/aIBzUZt.png?1

tymoon25 Aug 31, 2015 12:13 pm

1€ base fares what is this again? And then they cancel or what?

Guava Aug 31, 2015 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by tymoon25 (Post 25356264)
1€ base fares what is this again? And then they cancel or what?

No clue, however, if you intend to pursue BA for any of their recent fiasco, you will be wise to take a screenshot of this as a part of your exhibit to be presented to a judge or investigator on just how ridiculous BA can be and how impossible it is for a reasonable consumer to ascertain whether a given fare is a invalid or not.

tarman Aug 31, 2015 12:21 pm

AVOID!!
these fares are useless. BA will simply cancel your tickets after issuing an eticket

veeRob Aug 31, 2015 12:23 pm

Strange fare as it doesn't show up on ITA that I can see. Wonder how this was found.

TheBOSman Aug 31, 2015 12:26 pm

Doesn't everyone know this is impossibly low and BA can't possibly intend to sell any tickets at this price? Won't someone think of The World's most ineffective revenue management Favourite Airline! Only crooks and thieves on the internet would book this :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: .

AA_EXP09 Aug 31, 2015 12:31 pm

For EUR 40-50 more you can route via the USA-i.e. NCE-LON-MIA-LAX-YVR v.v.
(note that this does go over MPM, in which case the appropriate overage would be due.)

trapped Aug 31, 2015 12:34 pm

Similar to AA fares a week or two ago? Seeing some CDG - YYZ on there as well? I won't be booking hotels anytime soon!

WhiteYUL Aug 31, 2015 12:40 pm

BA: France - Canada €275! ai

can't replicate on ITA, but get to the Opodo page. well see how this one pans out... good luck to those that wish to benefit!

Guava Aug 31, 2015 12:40 pm

For fun, I tried out different combos from Toulouse/Marseilles to YYZ/YUL/YVR and on different dates. All have a base fare of 1€.

Even after being a FF for almost 20 years, I still can't tell, in good conscience whether this fare is real or a mistake. I have seen plenty of ex-EU fare at 1€, this is nothing new but they were all for intra-Europe flights. I have not seen a translatlantic flight at 1€ however, not even on Easyjet or Ryanair. Oh wait, they don't fly to Canada, my bad. Perhaps BA is trying to become Ryanair of transatlantic, given their repeated errors and abysmal customer service, that wouldn't be a surprise.

I happen to need a flight out of Toulouse given that there are friends I promise to visit this year in south-west France in the pays d'Oc that I have not done so yet. But seeing the way BA constantly cries wolf lately, I am going to play one of those villagers and consider this is another cry wolf incident and BA is the farm boy that deserves to be eaten by the wolves.

PbodyPhoto Aug 31, 2015 12:44 pm

There is €1 or even €.50 base fares across the Atlantic all the time!

TheBOSman Aug 31, 2015 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Guava (Post 25356409)
For fun, I tried out different combos from Toulouse/Marseilles to YYZ/YUL/YVR and on different dates. All have a base fare of 1€.

Even after being a FF for almost 20 years, I still can't tell, in good conscience whether this fare is real or a mistake. I have seen plenty of ex-EU fare at 1€, this is nothing new but they were all for intra-Europe flights. I have not seen a translatlantic flight at 1€ however, not even on Easyjet or Ryanair. Oh wait, they don't fly to Canada, my bad. Perhaps BA is trying to become Ryanair of transatlantic, given their repeated errors and abysmal customer service, that wouldn't be a surprise.

I happen to need a flight out of Toulouse given that there are friends I promise to visit this year in south-west France in the pays d'Oc that I have not done so yet. But seeing the way BA constantly cries wolf lately, I am going to play one of those villagers and consider this is another cry wolf incident and BA is the farm boy that deserves to be eaten by the wolves.

I've actually seen a lot of $1 or 1 euro or 1 pound etc. base fares TATL. With the magnitude of the fuel surcharge (whether they actually call it that or not anymore), and airlines not wanting to lower that for other reasons, the final price makes relative sense. However, it just goes to show the total folly of the reasoning for the surcharge, as surely even if jet fuel was somehow completely free (i.e. clearly no fuel surcharge needed by any logic at all), the airlines would still lose gobs of money selling $1 base fares. But, this is the system the airlines have created, and the reason a particular 40k+ post thread exists in the MR Discussion area.

EZEDoesIt Aug 31, 2015 12:49 pm

I'm almost certain I've seen SkyTeam TATL fares of €1.

Guava Aug 31, 2015 12:56 pm

Neither the ITA or any reputable OTA can price this at the price shown on BA.com, it seems this is yet another mistake fare. I'll post this in the BA forum to ask what the seasoned BA flyers think.

Edit to add: Someone already beat me to it, it's started in the BA forum. Grab your popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show!

headingwest Aug 31, 2015 12:58 pm

At this rate I think BA will be soon employing more backroom staff!