Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CM: IAD-PTY-GEO 7,058 PQM $296 AI RT 4.2 CPM July-November

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
The reports of the death of this fare have been greatly exaggerated. It's still there and bookable via google.com/flights ---> the big O
there is no reason to not book it at copaair.com
since there is 25% PQM to lower the cost.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pbd456
there is no reason to not book it at copaair.com
since there is 25% PQM to lower the cost.
Fair - google.com/flights was listing it at $797 on copaair (so I was just posting that the big O was still in play) but I clicked through after your previous post (we posted simulatenously so I didn't see it when I wrote the OP) and saw it dropped down to $296 on copaair.com so yeah definitely still better to do that
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Fair - google.com/flights was listing it at $797 on copaair (so I was just posting that the big O was still in play) but I clicked through after your previous post (we posted simulatenously so I didn't see it when I wrote the OP) and saw it dropped down to $296 on copaair.com so yeah definitely still better to do that
i do worry if the 25% PQM will post or not..
it took a number of weeks in previous years.
25% is like 1800 PQM on this fare, and i travel from Nov 20-Nov 28. need to think hard if i should count on this make 1k again.
(i have 87K booked assuming i get 7k in this trip, i think.)
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold
booked 4 nights in Nov just now on the website referenced above, thanks flyderdude88.

did the stopover in Panama.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I had use Cheaptickets to get the dates I wanted so no bonus for me, unfortunately. That said, the CPM is great on a vacation.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by dantorsiello
I had use Cheaptickets to get the dates I wanted so no bonus for me, unfortunately. That said, the CPM is great on a vacation.
i am a bit worry about the T&C for 25% bonus by booking at copaair.com
if there are easy way to get enough PQM for 1K, i will do it, i will only count on the 2k as the last resort.

i am only in USA for 4 months, so, it is a bit hard to do both delta diamond and UA 1k by flying upgradeable routes....
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:32 pm

canceled my 2 cheapoair tix (within the 4 hours for free) and rebooked at copa for the 25% PQM.

thanks to OP and others.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by cbkcc1
canceled my 2 cheapoair tix (within the 4 hours for free) and rebooked at copa for the 25% PQM.

thanks to OP and others.
http://www.copaair.com/sites/cc/en/m...icionales.aspx

1. Offer is valid for MileagePlus members who are the original recipients of a direct-mail or email invitation from Copa Airlines and who complete qualifying travel on Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia.

as someone else voiced earlier, this is my worry, but this is really no cost. so. getting the 25% is bonus. i think they have had 25% PQM bonus for last few years. it is not really new, and people did report getting the bonus a few weeks after the flights posted. by that time, it is too late for me to make up the 1.8K lost PQM. so i wont really count on it. (my flights are on Nov 2014).
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
http://www.copaair.com/sites/cc/en/m...icionales.aspx

1. Offer is valid for MileagePlus members who are the original recipients of a direct-mail or email invitation from Copa Airlines and who complete qualifying travel on Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia.

as someone else voiced earlier, this is my worry, but this is really no cost. so. getting the 25% is bonus. i think they have had 25% PQM bonus for last few years. it is not really new, and people did report getting the bonus a few weeks after the flights posted. by that time, it is too late for me to make up the 1.8K lost PQM. so i wont really count on it. (my flights are on Nov 2014).
i see, i haven't flown copa before, if it posts great, if not, oh well. and it was $5 cheaper each . thank you for the info.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by cbkcc1
i see, i haven't flown copa before, if it posts great, if not, oh well. and it was $5 cheaper each . thank you for the info.
it is quite normal for UA gold to get upgrade on copa...
so, it is a good deal..
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:21 pm

Programs: Gold DL, Silver UA, Hyatt Platinum
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Getting from IAD to Union wouldn't be a problem. I have a friend who lives in that area who owes me a couple of airport pick ups at this point, so he'd be on the hook for it.
A nonstop IAD-PHL flight on UA on the morning of August 13th is $323. Arrives in PHL at 9:22am. If you have some UA miles that ticket is probably 12,500 miles. If you can sleep overnight at IAD, I would simply fly in the morning. Cuts a lot on transit to Union then train then train from PHL to ZVF.

My two cents'.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by qmiro
A nonstop IAD-PHL flight on UA on the morning of August 13th is $323. Arrives in PHL at 9:22am. If you have some UA miles that ticket is probably 12,500 miles. If you can sleep overnight at IAD, I would simply fly in the morning. Cuts a lot on transit to Union then train then train from PHL to ZVF.

My two cents'.
Thanks for the idea. I'm actually going to take the train so my companion can be a little be closer of a drive so he can get picked up. I like that train ride too, I've made several times southbound, but never north so I'm looking forward to it.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:47 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Thanks for the idea. I'm actually going to take the train so my companion can be a little be closer of a drive so he can get picked up. I like that train ride too, I've made several times southbound, but never north so I'm looking forward to it.
Another option - get yourself over to DCA, and fly on US using avios for 4500 miles.
Old May 1, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Fare expires today.
Old May 1, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Grabbed one of these ex-JFK, should be a cool trip.

A question for those with Copa experience - is it worth using miles to upgrade in advance, or do CPUs occur quite consistently at departure? I'm already confirmed up front on all legs but not sure if I should just save the miles and hope for CPU. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.