Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2014, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Firewind
The below is from our moderator (taken from the first post of the thread - bolding is mine). Feel free to add more if necessary / as needed.

Happy 2014!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:

-members posting their deals please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices (ETA: ...or in email alerts)

-some members may be unaware that you can subscribe to this thread and to do that you can go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
Print Wikipost

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
I know what you mean but you should write it at 12 CPM just to make it more clear that it isn't 0.12 cents per mile
Also, 12 CPM is an awful economy fare...
Old May 27, 2014, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
I know what you mean but you should write it at 12 CPM just to make it more clear that it isn't 0.12 cents per mile
Quite right, sorry about that. And yes, this is not the best of deals by any means. But still a 'good deal' in my opinion, as fares are regularly $200 more expensive.
Old May 27, 2014, 7:07 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Stephann
Quite right, sorry about that. And yes, this is not the best of deals by any means. But still a 'good deal' in my opinion, as fares are regularly $200 more expensive.
+1 ^ Which is the purpose of this particular thread. Not about CPM or MR, but great deals for certain routes/pairs.

This fare is a great fare for one based in South Florida who wants to make a quick and relatively inexpensive Thurs/Fri-Sun weekend trip.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
DL: MSP-ATL-DFW $238 & 3274MQMS at 7.3CPM Weekend run

DL: MSP-ATL-DFW $238 & 3274MQMS at 7.3CPM Weekend run

need one night stay. open most weekends SEPT

sample date SEPT 6/7
Old May 27, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
DL MSP-PHX $218 for fall travel (August to November) Matching a SW sale.
Old May 27, 2014, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
B6: SMF-ANC $376

connects in LGB and SEA each way

a relative deal considering DL and AS are usually around $450-500 on the route
Old May 27, 2014, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL, UA, Alaska
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
B6: SMF-ANC $376

connects in LGB and SEA each way

a relative deal considering DL and AS are usually around $450-500 on the route
Like last year (I bought it but could not do the trip) You can go B6 out of Long Beach for $295 AI over Labor Day weekend (take a red-eye coming back to LGB). Prettty good price for a holiday weekend and enough time to get a rental and perhaps visit Denali. That is was I was going to do last year, and it was very workable. It may have been $50 cheaper last year, I forget. Still a nice deal for a long weekend.
Old May 27, 2014, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timpdx
Like last year (I bought it but could not do the trip) You can go B6 out of Long Beach for $295 AI over Labor Day weekend (take a red-eye coming back to LGB). Prettty good price for a holiday weekend and enough time to get a rental and perhaps visit Denali. That is was I was going to do last year, and it was very workable. It may have been $50 cheaper last year, I forget. Still a nice deal for a long weekend.
Usually LAX is 250-300 but nesting that inside what has become recently a 200 rt to LAX from SMF is a nonstarter. This B6 fare must either be exceptionally low on the SMF - LGB sector or an actual fare on the city pair.
Old May 27, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by timpdx
Could do it this year too. I'm going to Anchorage on Labor Day for the second year in row for $296 on Alaska.

But honestly, $290-$350 is pretty normal for LAXANC nowadays.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL, UA, Alaska
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Could do it this year too. I'm going to Anchorage on Labor Day for the second year in row for $296 on Alaska.

But honestly, $290-$350 is pretty normal for LAXANC nowadays.
I freelance, I see deals all the time here I would love to take advantage of. I cannot plan my life more than 2 weeks in advance. So I take the supershort notice deals when I can, like went to Minneapolis for the weekend on SY (no miles but cheap) with just 48 hours notice the weekend before last.

Like last year, had the Alaska trip booked but had to work, could not do it. No use in throwing away change fees and trying again unless this fare exists a week before I can go.

Besides I took DL up on their cheap Scandinavian fare Labor Day weekend, but then again, I may have to work and eat the fees...yet again. Such is life.
Old May 28, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Not really a mileage run, but a good deal to India.

PHL-DEL for around $750ish. PHL- either BRU or LHR on US(Codeshare AA), connecting to Jet. Looks like Jet flight might not earn anything. Stopovers permitted. Availability in fall.
Old May 28, 2014, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
S4 (SATA): BOS-PDL $310 RT AI. About the cheapest I've seen this route get. Valid for Sunday departures and returns in November. $393 for other days of week, or December Sunday departures. If I weren't already heading to mainland Portugal next month, I'd probably book one for myself. Miles can only be credited to S4's program or TP's program. Boa viagem!
As low as $309 across the board in November now depending on how many nights staying in PDL.

Found Fri late night departure, Sun return on 11/14-11/16.
Old May 28, 2014, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigRedBears
As low as $309 across the board in November now depending on how many nights staying in PDL.

Found Fri late night departure, Sun return on 11/14-11/16.
ugh, this is killing me not being able to book. must discuss with wife tonight.
Old May 28, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Silver, SPG Preferred Plus
UA/SK: HNL-ARN, $951 RT, Feb 2015

Dates in February 2015, Honolulu to Stockholm on UA/SAS, $951 RT.

2/16, HNL-ORD-ARN
2/22, ARN-EWR-HNL (overnight at EWR)

$951.40, 17,358 miles, 5.5 cpm.
Old May 28, 2014, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
ugh, this is killing me not being able to book. must discuss with wife tonight.
Book now, ask for forgiveness later?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.