Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
UA ATL-DEN

Originally Posted by wspfan
First time posting in this forum so please forgive me if I made a mistake!!

Various dates.

Hoping DL matches
Yes, good MR assuming: UA, ATL-DEN is RT= 2398 base miles, 4796 with elite bonus (100%) =
.036pm

Various dates in what months/year? Was this RT? Where did you find it? What search parameters did you use? I ask because I looked on ITA & no such fare in 2013 months but would love to book!

Last edited by travelsavant; Jul 2, 2013 at 9:40 pm
Old Jul 3, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hertz Prez
UA, WAS-TPA (Start at $138)/FLL, (Start at $158) (N) Fare

On United.com. Starts now to Nov., with most avail dates in Sep. Flights via IAH give 3,990(DCA-TPA) & 4,346 (FLL) PQM/RT, but connects obviously raise cost to around $160 for TPA, $180 for FLL .
Good for leisurely trip or even miles for some.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: nada
Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
I see lots of $717-$730ish RT throughout November and also in January. Not sure when else the price is available.

I see Turkish, Delta, United, KLM, and Lufthansa all with prices in the $7xx in November.

Delta, United and Turkish are the cheapest of those (at least for the times I've seen).

i don't know much about the minimum stays required or anything, but I do see than you can do it over Thanksgiving, for example, so that would make a nice trip.

It's hovering right around that magic 5c/mile mark (at least for the Delta routing), so I posted it here instead of in the main MR forum.

Enjoy.
I have a UA fare with one TATL AC segment (and I think the outbound was an AC fare) picked up back in late March, so these have been floating around on and off for a while. Still good to know they're around.
Also: Similar pricing (700ish) UA has been running a lot to the middle east the last few months (DXB, DOH, KWI, and BAH)
Old Jul 3, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
Originally Posted by garykung
This is absolutely not a MR material.

MR material is usually less than 5 cpm (This one is about 11 cpm).

It may be a good deal though given the time.
Which of the 100s of fares being discussed are you referring to?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by x1achilles
there is one on page 9 that qualifies I think
Old Jul 3, 2013, 4:40 pm

EWR-MSY $150 on UA sample dates: Aug 7-10

LGA-MSY $130 on DL sample dates: Aug 3-5
Old Jul 3, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
ORD PEK

Put on a 24 hour hold...ORD-PEK $ 800 Oct 15 Dec 17. With SWUs upgrades .

Can anyone suggest better deal to PVG or PEK on AA metal only ?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: Delta, American, British
These two fares won't be available until 7/15, but in case you want to plan ahead:

SATA is going to have two deals from Boston to the Azores (BOS-PDL), and from Boston to Lisbon (BOS-LIS).

Flights to the Azores in November are going to be from $499, and flights to Lisbon in February are going to be just $599.

Happy 4th of July! :-)
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by jetlagg3d
These two fares won't be available until 7/15, but in case you want to plan ahead:

SATA is going to have two deals from Boston to the Azores (BOS-PDL), and from Boston to Lisbon (BOS-LIS).

Flights to the Azores in November are going to be from $499, and flights to Lisbon in February are going to be just $599.

Happy 4th of July! :-)
Just those months? Or any other months planned? Muito obrigado for the heads up!
Old Jul 4, 2013, 10:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by x1achilles
Please be nice. Vague post like that are usually the result of replies in a previously separate thread merged into this one. Even if the old post was clearly referring to only one fare discussed in the old thread, the post order gets interwoven with posts from this thread after merging. Hence the confusion.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Please be nice. Vague post like that are usually the result of replies in a previously separate thread merged into this one. Even if the old post was clearly referring to only one fare discussed in the old thread, the post order gets interwoven with posts from this thread after merging. Hence the confusion.
Still, a post should reference the relevant fare in some way, if only because other posts may occur while you're typing your reply.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Still, a post should reference the relevant fare in some way, if only because other posts may occur while you're typing your reply.
Agree.

In addition (and this has been mentioned before) people using FT app will not see a title of the post so please put all relevant info in the body of your post. Thanks.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 5:15 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
OW: TATL r/t for less than $400 !!

Okay, I really do realize not even an FTer would go to JER for cheap miles, but just humor me for a sec... it's been fun to see how low a TATL fare can go.

(This fare could be a remnant of those cheap self-dumping AY US-Euro fares, posted earlier this week.)

Sample dates: 07NOV - 11NOV.
JER-LGW // LHR-JFK-LHR, £263.43, or $397 at today's rate. On aa.co.uk (it's a few bucks more on aa.com); BA/AY/IB segments, all-BA metal.

Yes, IB "O" fares do not earn full EQM, but still... sub-$400 ain't nuthin' to sneeze at.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by LRD
OW: TATL r/t for less than $400 !!

Okay, I really do realize not even an FTer would go to JER for cheap miles,
Oh, you'd be surprised

(The handful of FTers outside the US includes some in the UK, and even the odd one in the Channel Islands)

Originally Posted by LRD
JER-LGW // LHR-JFK-LHR, £263.43, or $397 at today's rate.
It's a nice fare, but you should increase the cost by 10% (£26), and a considerable hassle factor, for the bus transfer between London airports.

The LGW TPA service is an alternative. £75 extra, but it keeps you off the bus, gets you more miles and steers you clear of AY/IB.

The joy of Jersey departures is that there's no UK tax (APD) on the ticket.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 5:32 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
For UK-based SkyTeam flyers, Alitalia is doing a promo through Monday offering 15% off on all flights (excluding France and the Netherlands). Details and code here: http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/

The discount is only good for AZ (inc. AirONE) operated flights, so you can't use them on KL or AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.