Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
ORD IST

Just saw a blurb ORD IST $ 525 ai.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:36 am
Formerly known as caveruner17

Originally Posted by HMPS
Just saw a blurb ORD IST $ 525 ai.
Dates / Months?
Old May 8, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by caveruner17
Dates / Months?
Saw sporadic in June...saw this on travelzoo click thru to flydot com.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA,UA,DL
Lots of availability in November, January & February last I checked.

Originally Posted by caveruner17
Dates / Months?
Old May 8, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
IAD - YUL on United, nonstop both ways, this weekend only (5/11-5/13)...$239ai
Old May 8, 2013, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
UA: SMF-BDL $261+ ai

only real viable routings are via IAD or ORD

found scattered dates in October did not do a lot of searching, but farecompare.com/maps suggested lower prices ($173) which I could not validate with simple searches.
Old May 9, 2013, 7:51 am

Ua atl-las $247 rt

Just thought I would share since the ATL-LAS route has been near $400+/- RT on DL.

UA ATL-LAS RT $247ai with routing through CLT in both directions.

Sample dates: 6/4-6/7

PS - Not sure why my title keeps defaulting to lower-case. Sorry bout that!
Old May 10, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: UA,BA,NW,EK
Paris-Bangkok-Dusseldorf for £292 all in on Etihad

Just stumbled upon this on expedia UK. Example dates: out May 23 Rtn June 10..the open jaw seems to knock off some fuel. Sadly sticking in LHR for the return ups it quite a bit.
Old May 10, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
UA Europe-ORD-South Amerca-ORD-Europe $1150ai with 2 stopovers @ ORD

I wanted to go to Europe from MSP or ORD and then also to South America this summer (June/July/August), both for about 2 weeks. Fares to both are around $1200+ each.
I stumbled upon this, and while others may not need exactly what I need, I think the idea of 2 stopovers between Europe and South America is worth thinking about!
26JUN AMS-ORD (stop) UA
31JUL ORD-GRU (stop) UA
14AUG EZE-ORD (stop) UA
15OCT ORD-LHR UA
So for less than the price of one of the RTs I was looking at, I got both of them (as long as I use miles to get to Europe in the first place), plus about 20K UA or TK Star Alliance miles too, even without status! With status, the CPM drops a lot of course.
Old May 10, 2013, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by FreeMilesTraveler
Check out this Newark to Shanghai option on United at $959.50 for 18,326 miles at 5.2cpm for minimum 5 night stay...A 1 or 2 night MR would be $100 more..
If it's a 1 night stay, can the MR meet PVG's 48-hr rule? That is, a layover at PVG for under 48 hours waives the requirement for a China visa, where you only need an immigration stamp and verification of an onward journey?
Old May 11, 2013, 5:45 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Long Zhiren
If it's a 1 night stay, can the MR meet PVG's 48-hr rule? That is, a layover at PVG for under 48 hours waives the requirement for a China visa, where you only need an immigration stamp and verification of an onward journey?
I think you biggest issue will be boarding here in the US rather than on the ground at PVG. The rules have been changed to 72 hours for both PEK and PVG.

You can see the discussion of this in the following thread on the China forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...visa-twov.html

In that thread, some folks doing MRs discuss issues boarding when they don't have a Chinese visa in their passport.
Old May 11, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I think you biggest issue will be boarding here in the US rather than on the ground at PVG. The rules have been changed to 72 hours for both PEK and PVG.

You can see the discussion of this in the following thread on the China forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...visa-twov.html

In that thread, some folks doing MRs discuss issues boarding when they don't have a Chinese visa in their passport.
But remember, as has been discussed MANY times, the onward journey must be to a third country. You can't turn right back around to the US and expect to get the 72 hour TWOV (without playing some games that I personally wouldn't)
Old May 11, 2013, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
ONWARD journy is the key. Not a return journey. The rule was developed to facilitate connections.

But, hey, it's application might have evolved. Either way, you should check the requirements with the airline taking you to China: otherwise you might not even get on the aircraft.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: QF LTG
The onwards travel requirement could always be met with a cheap LCC flight.
Old May 13, 2013, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
DL: NYC-FAI (Fairbanks, AK) for $415 AI RT. Not many dates available, mostly Tuesday/Wednesday departures from NYC from now through mid-September.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.