Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Deal Premium Fares 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012 | 10:18 am
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
When a connection city has a higher fare than that which you are using between the origin and destination cities, that invokes Higher Intermediate Point provisions of fare rules. Also, see this thread for a discussion.
Usually a stopover point rather than just a connection city
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 11:24 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
US over Thanksgiving, EWR-DUB. $854 a/i, books into A for domestic routes, Z for intl. Can route EWR-CLT-PHL-DUB. With class of service bonus gets 6.7 cpm. Sample dates 11/21-11/25. It's the 762 across the pond, so no Envoy suites, but still.
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 11:27 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC
20 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE100K / FB Platinum / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly
US over Thanksgiving, EWR-DUB. $854 a/i, books into A for domestic routes, Z for intl. Can route EWR-CLT-PHL-DUB. With class of service bonus gets 6.7 cpm. Sample dates 11/21-11/25. It's the 762 across the pond, so no Envoy suites, but still.
This is the lowest TATL Thanksgiving J fare I have ever seen.
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 11:57 am

I know, right? I only saw it by accident when searching on a whim for economy flights. I'd accidently left the kayak search on F from a previous search. If I wasn't just returning from the RGN jumbo fare the week before I'd be less on the fence and already booked this.
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by DeltaNYC
This is the lowest TATL Thanksgiving J fare I have ever seen.
Indeed, that is really low. It's barely a slightly worse than normal Y fare!

ITA is showing some DCA/BWI connections between PHL and CLT in the middle as well, maybe bump the miles up a couple more that way if needed. All mainline as well.

A little higher at around $1050 RT AI from BOS as well, same BOS-CLT-PHL-DUB routing, but may require an overnight along the way?
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 3:57 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Anyone have the fare rules on this? Any dates other than the actual weekend of Thanksgiving available?
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crimson12
Anyone have the fare rules on this? Any dates other than the actual weekend of Thanksgiving available?
Nope, it is locked down to that week. There is an interesting little tweak in the routing rules though...FT prohibits posting info from paid sources, but check ExpertFlyer out (especially those routing rules) if you'd like to squeeze out even a few more miles from this fare. Should allow you to book Envoy suites too . No idea on if/how you'll be able to book it though.
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 4:24 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
http://www.klm.com/travel/ca_en/plan...9612395|793151

KLM Summer deals from Canada. 2500 CAD Toronto/Montreal - Europe

Interesting was 2999 CAD Toronto-JNB, 3299 Calgary-JNB.
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 4:46 pm
20 Years on Site

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly
Very good deal. I am also seeing $1270 out of ORD and it is not as good as the EWR deal for anyone in the midwest it might bee good if ORD is a drive away and still a solid fare.
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 7:43 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Nope, it is locked down to that week. There is an interesting little tweak in the routing rules though...FT prohibits posting info from paid sources, but check ExpertFlyer out (especially those routing rules) if you'd like to squeeze out even a few more miles from this fare. Should allow you to book Envoy suites too . No idea on if/how you'll be able to book it though.
VERY good routing/stopover rules. Found it on Big O, NYC-CLT-PHL-X-DUB for $1,001. X: being the transit point served by A330 Envoy, take your pick. If I'm doing my math correctly, you get ~16,800 miles (with class of service bonus), or 5.96cpm eqm.

Haven't tried with stopovers, and tough enough trying to build a 8 segment trip on big O.

Unfortunately I can't take advantage of this fare, I'm kicking myself for buying a LX C fare to ATH last week, thought I had a good thanksgiving deal, guess not...
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hirohito888
VERY good routing/stopover rules. Found it on Big O, NYC-CLT-PHL-X-DUB for $1,001. X: being the transit point served by A330 Envoy, take your pick. If I'm doing my math correctly, you get ~16,800 miles (with class of service bonus), or 5.96cpm eqm.

Haven't tried with stopovers, and tough enough trying to build a 8 segment trip on big O.

Unfortunately I can't take advantage of this fare, I'm kicking myself for buying a LX C fare to ATH last week, thought I had a good thanksgiving deal, guess not...
Note that, at least I looked at X=FRA, CLT-PHL-FRA is only 1 flight mile and 50 total (with 500-mi minimums and without COS bonus anyway) extra miles over CLT-FRA according to what I looked up. I'd rather skip the stop in PHL at the cost of <1% of the total miles and avoid all of those delays and fly directly from CLT. I'd guess many of the other X airports are similar.
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 8:14 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: UA MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
UA Global First LAX-LHR for 3600ai over Thanksgiving.
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 8:15 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Note that, at least I looked at X=FRA, CLT-PHL-FRA is only 1 flight mile and 50 total (with 500-mi minimums and without COS bonus anyway) extra miles over CLT-FRA according to what I looked up. I'd rather skip the stop in PHL at the cost of <1% of the total miles and avoid all of those delays and fly directly from CLT. I'd guess many of the other X airports are similar.
How are you inputting the trip in the "bigO"? Can't seem to get it to price..
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 8:21 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Good point ^, it didn't even occur to me that US flies CLT-FRA/LGW on A330. Shows you how much I know about US.

FRA lets you stay in *A, the other transit points put you on EI (even through MUC).

Thanks for the additional info, TATL through CLT gives you more time to enjoy Envoy class.
Old Jul 24, 2012 | 8:24 pm

You can input a stopover in FRA for an extra $50, FYI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.