Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Restaurant suggestions at or near ORD?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by nevansm
I do frequent Chilis Express, but also there's the bar on C towards C28
I believe you are refering to the Berghoff. Grabbed a decent corned beef sandwich there last week.

Also, if you are in Terminal 1 and using the lower number B gates it is easy to head toward the UX gates in Terminal 2. There is a Johnny Rockets in the connecting corridor. I often wait out delays, etc. at the Goose Island kiosk by the O'Hare display. Nothing better than a Vienna Beef dog and a Goose Island to get me through long delays.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by dukeman
I believe you are refering to the Berghoff. Grabbed a decent corned beef sandwich there last week.
Berghoff is one of the better options. ^
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by vandalby
Sit down in ORD terminal 1? Not many. The Wolfgang Puck restaurant has some seating and the food is good. The Chili's also serves breakfast, but it's not that great - it does have the most ample seating though.

There's also a Tuscany Cafe (of Phil Stefani fame) located around the bend near the B18-20ish gates - very near the site of the old Ted Carpet Club. I'm not sure if they serve breakfast, but if they do, I would assume that it's probably going to be good.
Very interesting, I will check this out. In terminal 3, we usually go to Wolfgang Puck, who has a larger restaurant there. Thank you.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
http://www.ohare.com/ohare/concessio...Beverages.shtm

As far as the "best", is really subject to interpretation. I honestly would not reccommend anything over and above a regular outside type place. As all of the offerings are equally "underwhelming" in thier own special way. Sadly (and apologies to IMLOVINIT), I find it hat McDonalds, probably has the "freshest" breakfast offering of anyone (FWIW, I really don't like McDonalds... unless I really have no other choice) as most everthing else is the powdered egg type offerings.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
I find that McDonalds, probably has the "freshest" breakfast offering of anyone (FWIW, I really don't like McDonalds... unless I really have no other choice) as most everthing else is the powdered egg type offerings.
Unfortunately, I agree.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by abefroman329
Unfortunately, I agree.
And always trust the opinion of the "Sausage King of Chicago"!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
Wofgang Puck, easily, despite the limited seating.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Best implies a superlative ... what about better than nothing instead. As an alternative, with enuf time you could always hoof it over to the food court in C & get a Denver omelet at the Billy Goat (which is somewhat better than nothing)
Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Former UA 1P
Goose Island

Doesn't help the OP with the sit-down dining issue, but:

+1 Goose Island

Best beer in the UA / UX terminals that I have found.

Before this year's travel, I last travelled a lot back in 2000. Not much has changed in T1 since then, but the Goose Island bar is the main positive change I noticed.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by endrond
Wofgang Puck, easily, despite the limited seating.
Decent enough food for an airport but they so pissed me off just before Xmas when they asked me for ID when I asked for a glass of wine. I asked the waitress if she was trying to be funny and how old did she think I looked to which she answered with a rather generous "35?" (I'm mid 40s). Then asked so why are you asking me for ID and was told the old "company policy" line. She then asked if I'd like to see the manager who then trotted out the same nonsense about "company policy". Was going to send an email to their head-office but frankly can't be arsed and just simply won't eat or drink there again. Glad they are in a position to lose customers during these tough times. Meanwhile I'll be hanging out at the AA Flagship Lounge where I can help myself to a drink without being persecuted. Thought prohibition was over in this country??????
Old Jan 17, 2010, 4:09 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Looks like T5 might get some food post-security, eventually:
http://mobile.chicagobusiness.com/device2/article.php?mid=2&CALL_URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chicag obusiness.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmag%2Farticle.pl%3FarticleId%3D32914
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:59 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
FYI,

Gibson's Rosemont to celebrate their 10th year of operating in Rosemont is offering this dine-in (lunch or dinner) special from March 28, 2010 through April 1, 2010.

$10 for a 10oz filet mignon

Gibson's website: http://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/

---
Old Mar 28, 2010, 8:52 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Suggestions for food airside at ORD. Or how about the Hilton?

Have a four hour layover right at dinner time at ORD. Thinking about going to the Hilton which I believe is attached to the Airport. Any feed back about the food would be appreicated, or a suggestion for a good airside restaurant UA Terminal.
txs

Last edited by sfo; Mar 28, 2010 at 8:55 am Reason: added info
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:16 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
No standout airside food, though there are those who don't mind
Wolfgang Puck. The airport Hilton has Andiamo, with acceptable
(not much more) food but way overpriced and occasionally brainless
service. There's also a Gaslight Club, which I haven't been to.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:42 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by violist
No standout airside food, though there are those who don't mind
Wolfgang Puck. The airport Hilton has Andiamo, with acceptable
(not much more) food but way overpriced and occasionally brainless
service. There's also a Gaslight Club, which I haven't been to.
The only place I eat airside is in the food court, where you can pick up the freshly made salads, they are pretty good for the money, but thought it would be nice to try something new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.