Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Restaurant suggestions at or near ORD?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
It looks like only a smoothie/frozen yogurt place.
I wouldn't say "only a smoothie/frozen yogurt place." It's tart yogurt and it's the best I've ever had (well, it and Pinkberry).

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Yet another clone of Pinkberry...
I don't think the original can be a clone.

The most fierce competition is between Pinkberry and a Korean company called Red Mango, which is said to pre-date Pinkberry in all regards -- name, concept, origin, design approach -- by two years.
http://ny.eater.com/archives/2007/03...erry_vs_re.php
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:02 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I wouldn't say "only a smoothie/frozen yogurt place." It's tart yogurt and it's the best I've ever had (well, it and Pinkberry).
that's not fitting the only yogurt description? I think I'll hit Red Mango after the May 10th Dinner Do, thanks for pushing it.
Originally Posted by karenkay
bumping the thread...anything near the airport for breakfast/brunch? we arrive at 7am and leave at 1p (international) so not really enough time to do pizza anywhere and get back with ample time, but i'm thinking perhaps a nice brunch? on a weekday?
no real brunch offerings on weekdays near ORD, there are a number of Greek owned breakfast spots near ORD if you are interested in the typical eggs benedict, eggs/breakfast meat, type breakfasts. If you are interested, let me know and I'll list a few I go to.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by karenkay
bumping the thread...anything near the airport for breakfast/brunch? we arrive at 7am and leave at 1p (international) so not really enough time to do pizza anywhere and get back with ample time, but i'm thinking perhaps a nice brunch? on a weekday?
If you are arriving on UA at T1, there are a couple of good places for breakfast.

I ate breakfast at The Tuscan Cafe (on the northeast end of the B concourse) about a month ago and it was very good.

There is a Chili's in T1 as well, but I have not eaten there.

If you were to leave the airport, how would you get to a restaurant and back? Taxi?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
If you were to leave the airport, how would you get to a restaurant and back? Taxi?
or hotel shuttle or the L, perhaps even a local FT'er if the poster wanted to have breakfast with an FT'er@:-), lots of options.
Old May 23, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
A family member is connecting in ORD: Arrive 12:30, depart 4:15, domestic itinerary. We have to meet him and organize some lunch landside. He doesn't want cafeteria style, so T5 food court is out. What are the best options besides Hilton (whose location is certainly attractive)? Need not be fancy but not fast food either. We'll have a car.
Old May 23, 2011, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi
Need not be fancy but not fast food either. We'll have a car.
lots of choices are very close to ORD, just to name a few:
McCormick & Schmick"s Seafood Restaurant

Capitol Grille at the IC ORD

Harry Caray's at the Holiday Inn & Suites

Pancakes Eggscetera (Greek owned joint)

Shish Kabob for Middle Eastern

Longhorn Steakhouse

Chili's

and on and on and on.....
Old May 23, 2011, 9:04 pm

lots of choices are very close to ORD, just to name a few:

McCormick & Schmick"s Seafood Restaurant
Capitol Grille at the IC ORD
Harry Caray's at the Holiday Inn & Suites
Pancakes Eggscetera (Greek owned joint)
Shish Kabob for Middle Eastern
Longhorn Steakhouse
Chili's

and on and on and on.....
Any recommendations based on food, atmosphere, overall value, and not being too slow and crowded for a ~3.5 - hour connection?
Old May 23, 2011, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Any recommendations based on food, atmosphere, overall value, and not being too slow and crowded for a ~3.5 - hour connection?
Harry Caray's at the Holiday Inn & Suites (SE corner of Mannheim and Higgins) is a good option for out of town guests. Usually busy, but shouldn't be too bad past 1 pm.
Old May 24, 2011, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by legalalien
Harry Caray's at the Holiday Inn & Suites (SE corner of Mannheim and Higgins) is a good option for out of town guests. Usually busy, but shouldn't be too bad past 1 pm.
Thank you. Now a days, thanks to google and yelp etc, it is easy enough to generate a list of restaurants near any address. Experienced-based recommendations or warnings are what we are often looking for.

Harry Caray's location seems to be best possible after Hilton. I am trying to imagine if it would be walkable from where the airport train drops you in the parking lot? Time for my google map. (Answer: It seems "walkable", but not a pleasant walk, so we'll drive.)

Last edited by aktchi; May 24, 2011 at 7:17 am
Old May 25, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Harry Caray's location seems to be best possible after Hilton. I am trying to imagine if it would be walkable from where the airport train drops you in the parking lot? Time for my google map. (Answer: It seems "walkable", but not a pleasant walk, so we'll drive.)
You don't have to drive. You can: 1) Take a Holiday Inn & Suites or Sheraton Gateway Suites shuttle from the shuttle center; or 2) Take the airport train to remote parking, walk out and take a shuttle bus to Lot F/Metra Station, which are across Mannheim Road from Lot E. Not sure whether Metra or the first stop inside Lot F is closer, but both should be within an easy walking distance to HC, and no major roads to cross.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by legalalien
You don't have to drive.
+1, the shuttle is obviously the easier of the two ways you suggest.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 3:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Hi all. Is there an update on best deep dish pizza options in ORD? I have ~2 hours there because of a DEQM MR. I hear Uno's is best avoided... Is Reggio's any good? Are there any other choices that I can't seem to find online...
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:19 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
FYI, New Seoul Restaurant still uses real charcoal pots, YUM !!!

--
Yes.... this Korean BBQ place is outstanding !!!!! ^
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Yes.... this Korean BBQ place is outstanding !!!!! ^
I can second that! We had dinner there last night with Sweet Willie & Gaucho100K. Thanks for driving, Willie!! Figure $40-$45 each with a couple Korean beers & tip. Yes, we had plenty of food.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Is the Longhorn in the Terminal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.