Consolidated "Parking at/near ORD" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at/near ORD" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2006, 7:57 am

Thanks, everyone.

We decided to fly to Des Moines, rent a car, pick up FIL and drive to ORD. Reverse the procedure to get him home from our Alaska trip. When we figured the cost of gas driving from Arizona and parking, it was as cheap to fly. Thanks again.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 5:20 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA, LH Cattle Class, SPG
ORD Parking 6/18/06 WARNING!!!

Arrived today ORD at 5am. Remote parking D,E are BOTH closed. E is completely empty and the cars at D are slowly leaving. Evidently they are doing some sort of resurfacing project. Why they would close both parking lots is completely beyond me, but is the type of stupid logic that the city of Chicago uses to plan things. Closing BOTH lots?!?! Who was the idiot who thought of that...Oh wait, I forgot who is the Mayor.

Lot G is almost full, so if you are coming to O'Hare today via car, you might want to plan lots of extra time to find parking. Remote lot G was almost full when I parked and imagine that it will be full by 9am.

Someone might want to update this thread through the day if O'hare opens the lot again.

ORDflyr
Old Jun 18, 2006, 7:22 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
As this warning affects more then United flyers, I'll move the thread to the Chicago forum.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 7:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance
I'm heading out Thursday morning, so if anybody has any updates after today, it will be greatly appreciated. ^ Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2006, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
See discussion http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564049 as well...
Old Jun 21, 2006, 9:00 am

Bump

Anybody been past E lot in the last several days? Open? Closed yet?

I see today on the web site that the main lot is full at 9AM, but it says economy is open, but no mention of which lots.

Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Bob, have you tried any of the private lots, like Park n Jet?
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:37 pm

Programs: SPG LIfetime Plat, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Wannabe, Hilton Silver, UA Gold
As of today (June 21) at about 5:45 a.m., signs said "Lot E Full" and they were directing folks to Lot G (across Bessie Coleman Drive). Note it did not say "Lot E Closed", as Lot E is being used but they are clearly managing it's use closely to facilitate the re-paving.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Bob, have you tried any of the private lots, like Park n Jet?
Thanks, Cliff.

Walter, I'll be getting there about 5AM Thurs, so if everything is full I may shoot over to Thrifty, or scoot over to the Cumberland L stop. They allow overnight parking there, and it's only 2 stops back to ORD. Those stairs over X-way to the station do not look inviting, even with a small carryon.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
The E-lot closure has been monitored for a whlie now: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564049

I was able to park in the F lot on Monday around 4pm. There were spaces, but few and far between. I think I'll be parking at Avistar for the duration of this project - I usually don't park at Avistar during the summer.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 5:18 pm

Update Thursday

I got to park in G lot at 5AM. Not many spaces, but enough scattered around. E lot was blocked off, but plenty of cars were in the finished west section (with pretty yellow lines ).

The south and east sections were still empty and being worked on.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 3:56 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, US Air Gold
You can check out Airport Parking Near O'hare for pricing and location of a number of facilities, but even the cheapest is $8 a day. That adds up over three weeks. You might want to call some of them and see if they might give you a bulk discount. Otherwise, a limo (or a friend!) might be a good idea.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 2:56 pm

Three Week Trip/Vehicle

While not necessarily the cheapest, it would be pretty close to have a park and fly at a hotel on departure and on return. Park a week and a half on the first reservation and a week and a half on the second reservation.

You would be able to get to ORD area and rest the night before and upon return you could rest up again before departing to home.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:06 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
I don't think this will be of use to the OP, who has likely been to China and back already, but it's worth noting here that the F lot at O'Hare has re-opened. At $9/day, it's much cheaper than the $13/day E and G lots. It requires a shuttle bus to the tram. The bus runs fairly often, but YMMV.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:06 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Just arrived at ORD to find the main lot full. Turned around and getting lunch at Chipotle on Mannheim, hoping that it will open up soon.

If it doesn't, what is the most convenient parking here? Key is convenience. Cost doesn't matter. (Valet was closed, too.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.