Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:10 pm

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
Just curious, who uses the International Arrivals Building? Did the A380 go there when it arrived for Oshkosh this year?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 7:40 am

The IAB is really only used in the winter season for the Mexico and Jamaica charters. Only the arrivals clear through there. Most winter days see about 2 per day. A few times a week the IAB is also used for general aviation traffic that clears customs there. Those flights are met by a customs officer who checks the paperwork. On very rare occasions the IAB is used to handle international divert flights that where inbound to Chicago, but could not ut in due to issues in ORD. I have not seen this happen in the last year, but I have heard of Asian airlines having to use that building to clear out 747s. Finally, the A380 did not use the IAB, it was parked on a different part of the airfield.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:36 am

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
thanks!
Originally Posted by kannon99
The IAB is really only used in the winter season for the Mexico and Jamaica charters. Only the arrivals clear through there. Most winter days see about 2 per day. A few times a week the IAB is also used for general aviation traffic that clears customs there. Those flights are met by a customs officer who checks the paperwork. On very rare occasions the IAB is used to handle international divert flights that where inbound to Chicago, but could not ut in due to issues in ORD. I have not seen this happen in the last year, but I have heard of Asian airlines having to use that building to clear out 747s. Finally, the A380 did not use the IAB, it was parked on a different part of the airfield.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Good to see this thread is back to the top of the forum! A couple of updates to previous years' posts:

MKE is entirely non-smoking now, and has been since about April 2008 per county ordinance. Smoking is only allowed at "designated smoking areas" curbside, plus at least one area on level 3 of the parking garage for when it's cold or rainy out.

The Chili's on C has been open for a while now. There is a fairly large bar area and a to-go sandwich stand.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by wahooflyer
Good to see this thread is back to the top of the forum! A couple of updates to previous years' posts:

MKE is entirely non-smoking now, and has been since about April 2008 per county ordinance. Smoking is only allowed at "designated smoking areas" curbside, plus at least one area on level 3 of the parking garage for when it's cold or rainy out.
Until July 1, when the statewide smoking ban takes effect.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:19 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Fmr Midwest Miles Executive
Nonna Bartolota's

There is also a new restaurant in Terminal D from the Bartolota family of restaurants....It is right at the "T" in the terminal next to the mini food court that has always been there...It is a nice place with sit down seating for a meal as well as a bar area with a couple of TV's and a TV for arrivals and departures, so you can watch the status of your flight.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by blucys
There is also a new restaurant in Terminal D from the Bartolota family of restaurants....It is right at the "T" in the terminal next to the mini food court that has always been there...It is a nice place with sit down seating for a meal as well as a bar area with a couple of TV's and a TV for arrivals and departures, so you can watch the status of your flight.
The restaurant/bar opened the beginning of this year. Further discussion can be found at:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwe...od-option.html

With Southwest soon flying out of "D," Nonna's business should be picking up even more.

Good business decision, SSP America and Joe Bartolotta!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
now... if E could just get some better food options.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by blucys
Word is that the Bartolotta restaurant will be expanding. During peak times, it is difficult to get a seat anywhere at the Bartolotta restaurant or bar. Apparently, they will be expanding the restaurant space and also adding new space across the concourse from the original restaurant.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
I haven't been to D in awhile at MKE because my last two flights were on Frontier and AirTran. In regards to the Southwest gate area... I saw a commercial or print ad about some very cushy seats that are in the waiting area for Southwest customers. Is that the case for MKE? Are those cushy seats going to be there?
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Word is that the Bartolotta restaurant will be expanding. During peak times, it is difficult to get a seat anywhere at the Bartolotta restaurant or bar. Apparently, they will be expanding the restaurant space and also adding new space across the concourse from the original restaurant.
Very good news. I've been surprised how busy the restaurant can be even during non-peak times.

Wine and liquor sales seem to be especially strong at the restaurant

Bartolotta's has really been a great addition to the airport.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 2:47 pm

Programs: N23344
Originally Posted by flyYX
I haven't been to D in awhile at MKE because my last two flights were on Frontier and AirTran. In regards to the Southwest gate area... I saw a commercial or print ad about some very cushy seats that are in the waiting area for Southwest customers. Is that the case for MKE? Are those cushy seats going to be there?
I was by their area yesterday before I flew out. I noticed some black arm cushy chairs by the gate covered in plastic and wondered what why they were there, now I know (thanks!). There seemed to be only about twenty or so there.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:46 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by flyYX
I hope so. I will be flying Southwest to Milwaukee (via Vegas) in December
Old Nov 1, 2009, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by 8C4IOW
I was by their area yesterday before I flew out. I noticed some black arm cushy chairs by the gate covered in plastic and wondered what why they were there, now I know (thanks!). There seemed to be only about twenty or so there.
With power!
http://twitpic.com/nuwtj

The first two aircraft out today have Wi-Fi - think it's free systemwide today in honor of the MKE start-up.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 7:38 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by mke9499
With power!
http://twitpic.com/nuwtj

The first two aircraft out today have Wi-Fi - think it's free systemwide today in honor of the MKE start-up.
thanks for the pics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.