Reload this Page >

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
MKE gets the blues...Jet blue that is. Daily to JFK and BOS. But doesn’t start till 2022, so there is a long time to change things. Good to see MKE grow..

https://www.wisn.com/article/jetblue...-mke/36187871#
Dr_wanderlust likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
MKE Coat Check Hours?

Has anyone used the coat check? Apparently it is open again.

It's in the Summerfest Marketplace store - prior to security.

Looks like it is $2/day with a maximum of $10. Thinking about using it for a trip to Mexico next week. Flight is early though, and I can seem to find the hours anywhere online.

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by TommyD2
Has anyone used the coat check? Apparently it is open again.

It's in the Summerfest Marketplace store - prior to security.

Looks like it is $2/day with a maximum of $10. Thinking about using it for a trip to Mexico next week. Flight is early though, and I can seem to find the hours anywhere online.

Thanks!
Hi Tommy! Yes, our world-famous Coat Check service is open and available for all flights. Just visit the Summerfest Marketplace store pre-security to check your coat and provide your return flight information with the clerk. If you are arriving back to Milwaukee on an international flight at the end of your trip, we provide a complimentary shuttle back to the main terminal.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MilwaukeeAirport
Hi Tommy! Yes, our world-famous Coat Check service is open and available for all flights. Just visit the Summerfest Marketplace store pre-security to check your coat and provide your return flight information with the clerk. If you are arriving back to Milwaukee on an international flight at the end of your trip, we provide a complimentary shuttle back to the main terminal.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, MilwaukeeAirport !

David
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by MilwaukeeAirport
Thank you!
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
When getting to MKE from SFO, which connecting airport suffers the least delays? I have never done SFO/SJC<->MKE but might have to soon. Is there one set of airports that suffer fewer delays in the summer vs others suffering fewer delays in the winter? All connections seem to be in one of these: PHX, DEN, SLC or MSP
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by legionnaire
When getting to MKE from SFO, which connecting airport suffers the least delays? I have never done SFO/SJC<->MKE but might have to soon. Is there one set of airports that suffer fewer delays in the summer vs others suffering fewer delays in the winter? All connections seem to be in one of these: PHX, DEN, SLC or MSP
Over the years, I've connected in DEN, PHX, IAD, ORD, MSP and SLC when going to/from MKE. I haven't looked at the stats, but I doubt there is a big difference in flight delays with the connecting airports. As much as I hate ORD, an advantage of using it is that if your short flight between MKE and ORD is badly delayed, you can always take the bus (https://www.coachusa.com/airport-tra...irport-express)

I suggest you base your decision on the fares and the convenience of the flight times.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:28 am

Milwaukee Airport Questions

We're a couple of oldies but goodies and wife has mobility issues. When we arrive at the Mitchell Airport, is there a place where we can store our luggage for one day? On the following day, we're taking a hotel shuttle back to the airport to meet a cruise rep in the baggage area. I'm assuming the shuttle will stop on the ticketing side of the street, Is crossing the street to get to the baggage claim area possible (safe) and can we gain access to the baggage area from the street or do we need to enter the ticketing side, and take an elevator up to cross over the street and then go down to get to the baggage area. I know of one area that won't allow people to enter the baggage area from the street due to a theft problem. Many thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by pauli5500
We're a couple of oldies but goodies and wife has mobility issues. When we arrive at the Mitchell Airport, is there a place where we can store our luggage for one day? On the following day, we're taking a hotel shuttle back to the airport to meet a cruise rep in the baggage area. I'm assuming the shuttle will stop on the ticketing side of the street, Is crossing the street to get to the baggage claim area possible (safe) and can we gain access to the baggage area from the street or do we need to enter the ticketing side, and take an elevator up to cross over the street and then go down to get to the baggage area. I know of one area that won't allow people to enter the baggage area from the street due to a theft problem. Many thanks.
Due to security, we are not able to hold store for you in the airport. Please check with your cruise line to see if they are able to offer assistance.

When you return to the terminal, we have crosswalks with stop signs along the roadway. It is very easy to cross the street from ticketing and enter the baggage claim area.

Thank you for choosing MKE!
Old May 25, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Originally Posted by legionnaire
I'd suggest adding LAS to your list of potential connecting points (via WN.) Quite rare to have weather delays there.

Given equally good options to connect in LAS/PHX, I'd personally avoid a DEN connection in Dec/Jan/Feb. The rest of the year, I don't think it matters much.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Southwest will add more direct flights at Milwaukee airport; here's where they are going
https://www.jsonline.com/story/trave...e/70008963007/

May 7: Adding additional daily roundtrips to and from Baltimore, Las Vegas and Nashville
July 11: Daily nonstop flights between Milwaukee and Kansas City will resume

Throughout the summer and fall, Southwest will add daily flight frequencies to the existing destinations of Atlanta, Denver, Fort Myers, Orlando and St. Louis.

Daily flights to Sarasota are available through April 10
Saturday-only seasonal flights to Cancun, Mexico, are available through April 8

[Sigh] -- still no resumption of SFO-MKE flights. Best I can tell, there are currently no nonstop commercial flights between California and Wisconsin.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 8:25 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dhuey
Southwest will add more direct flights at Milwaukee airport; here's where they are going

[Sigh] -- still no resumption of SFO-MKE flights. Best I can tell, there are currently no nonstop commercial flights between California and Wisconsin.
Spirit was flying MKE-LAX, but that stopped late 2022. I think you are correct, no nonstops between WI and CA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.