Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2013, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by WIRunner
For those of you still playing along. UAX is still using some gates in the E concourse. (E62/63). Since they're needing those for overflow I wonder where they're going to go. WN pretty much has the rest of C, and AA has the two gates immediately across from UA. Could this signal that they're going to move to D sooner than later? Kinda strange since they've begun consolidating into C.
I chatted with a UA gate agent about a month ago. She indicated there were rumors of a move to D. However, nothing set in stone. She also indicated employees are always the last to know.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:10 pm

I was over on D the other day.

There are Delta-branded charging stations installed at D-43 and 44 through 49. They are backlit and appear to be operational (the backlighting was on.) 44 through 49 is blocked off with yellow "do not cross" tape. All of the old YX gate podiums are gone at those gates. No DL gate podiums installed yet.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
They have also removed the Frontier signs from the outside of the jetways. Blank for now awaiting the red widget.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:42 pm

Does it appear that D43 is included in the mix? I'd heard six gates -- D44 and D45, plus the four on the end of the hammerhead D46/47/48/49. D43 is a bit separated from the other six, though not far of course. Perhaps because 49 has no jetway (it shares a jetway with 48) perhaps 43 is #6.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001
Does it appear that D43 is included in the mix? I'd heard six gates -- D44 and D45, plus the four on the end of the hammerhead D46/47/48/49. D43 is a bit separated from the other six, though not far of course. Perhaps because 49 has no jetway (it shares a jetway with 48) perhaps 43 is #6.
It sure looks that way. If you recall, 41 and 43 are a shared holdroom with a podium & jetway door at either end. The DL charging stations were only on the 43 side of the room. 41 still has what looks like a functional F9 podium. (I think F9 is primarily using 39 these days though.) There is nothing but bare carpet where the 43 podium was.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:16 pm

Just a thought...

With the impending AA/US merger, wouldn't it make more sense to move AA to D51/D53, and then give UA C10/C12? Then UA would be consolidated into four adjacent gates and US/AA would be together.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:46 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mizzou65201
Just a thought...

With the impending AA/US merger, wouldn't it make more sense to move AA to D51/D53, and then give UA C10/C12? Then UA would be consolidated into four adjacent gates and US/AA would be together.
That makes sense, but is it possible to move between the odd and even gate sides under the terminal? I assume so, but if not, having to move duplicate equipment all the way around the C terminal would be a pain for the Air Wisconsin ground folks.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by BTA
That makes sense, but is it possible to move between the odd and even gate sides under the terminal? I assume so, but if not, having to move duplicate equipment all the way around the C terminal would be a pain for the Air Wisconsin ground folks.
That would be too simple... yes there is a pass through under C just past 11-12. Considering there's also a roadway just before 9-10 under the security checkpoint moving equipment between those four gates would be a breeze. No other point in MKE has that much easy cross concourse ability.

Since pre-bankruptcy AA was rumored to be considering serious cuts in American Eagle operations and realigning mainline flights that depended on them... It sounds like US wants to/will be in the drivers seat on the merger so they might be cherry picking on what AA routes survive. So a US-AA presence in MKE post merger might fit just 52 & 56. Or still have 53 available if it didn't.

What's interesting is when-if F9 might pull the plug on MKE. Surely the traffic to DEN is mostly connections.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Originally Posted by traveller001
What's interesting is when-if F9 might pull the plug on MKE. Surely the traffic to DEN is mostly connections.
I really don't understand why people think that F9 will pull out of MKE completely. They still have flights to DEN, CUN, and MCO, 2 of which were started way before any of the Republic and YX stuff happened. They'll keep their one gate and a handful of flights a day.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
I really don't understand why people think that F9 will pull out of MKE completely. They still have flights to DEN, CUN, and MCO, 2 of which were started way before any of the Republic and YX stuff happened. They'll keep their one gate and a handful of flights a day.
If I'm not mistaken, the MKE-MCO N/S is discontinued after 04/07/2013.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:25 pm

I believe with the discontinuation of MCO Frontier will only have two flights per day in MKE. They might go back up to three flights for the summer schedule.

Given how much Frontier had cut back in MKE in recent years, it would not be a total shock to see them pull out completely. MKE-DEN is not exactly high-yielding and already has a lot of competition.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Two flights a day to DEN is all Frontier had when YX was the powerhouse. If they go back to just two to DEN it will be as if YX went" poof!"
Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by tvnwz
Two flights a day to DEN is all Frontier had when YX was the powerhouse. If they go back to just two to DEN it will be as if YX went" poof!"
YX did go "poof!"
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by mke9499
YX did go "poof!"
More like "splat". Have any of the legacies succesfully reorganized outside bankruptcy?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
I believe with the discontinuation of MCO Frontier will only have two flights per day in MKE. They might go back up to three flights for the summer schedule.

Given how much Frontier had cut back in MKE in recent years, it would not be a total shock to see them pull out completely. MKE-DEN is not exactly high-yielding and already has a lot of competition.
As long as F9 is not at ORD I'm guessing they'd keep a token presence at MKE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.