Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:41 am

http://www.jsonline.com/business/con...173587591.html
Old Oct 14, 2012, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by kannon99
Its right off 6th street, on the far west side of the airport. If you take the road past the amtrak station (southbound) you will see it on the right hand side. Keep in mind it is still closed, if you pull up google maps you can see it on the satellite view(google this "42.936394,-87.922389").
Does anyone have an update on the status of the new observation lot? Is it open yet?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:56 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by kannon99
The new baggage claim is all designed and ready to go, they are just waiting for the funding. In the mean time all the baggage claim carpeting is being replaced.
No idea if funding has been granted but they're showing the future baggage claim near the area. It's a pretty big improvement opening up the view and more natural lighting. ^

Last edited by traveller001; Oct 16, 2012 at 9:01 pm
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:25 am

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwauk...174605561.html
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Interesting comments as usual. sScreaming for a low cost carrier like always. the LCC bubble burst for MKE.
My favourite comment was this one:
The move to D for DL is a good one. It is NOT good to see the other carriers leave D. A critical mass of carriers and flights is needed to support the restaurants and business that once made D vibrant.
seriously? D is a ghost town.

Last edited by MikeFromMKE; Oct 18, 2012 at 11:52 am Reason: Please use correct spelling and grammar.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by nnickn
Does anyone have an update on the status of the new observation lot? Is it open yet?
Not too long ago I drove past and it appeared to be completed and open, but nobody was in there and there was no signage. A few weeks later I drove past and the gate was closed. I'm not sure if that rist time it was really open, or if it simply had the gate open for other reasons (like to let construction or service vehicles through.

So...it is build, but I'm not certain it is really regularly open for visitors. It might be essentially done, but perhaps there are finishing touches to be done, or it is not yet being regularly opened / monitored / closed like the Layton Ave one is.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:09 pm

Delta Rumors

I spoke with a Delta ticket agent in Milwaukee today who indicated that there are staff rumors that Delta is going to be expanding service from Milwaukee once the move to D is complete. She specifically mentioned Seattle and LA, with a possibility of San Francisco.

All rumor, but exciting nevertheless. It does makes sense as Airtran and its business class goes away. Most business travelers that I have spoken with who are flying at least twice a month have little regard for Southwest. Perhaps DL sees this as an opportunity to grab a bunch of the business traveler market in MKE.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I can see--and make a case for--SEA and LAX---but SFO? Not so much. It would have to rely on O&D traffic and I am not sure it will fill a 76 seater every day.

Concerning Southwest: my experience has been right the opposite. I know many business people who like and travel Southwest and are hoping for more service in MKE.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by nnickn
I drove by today and it was not open.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by tvnwz
I can see--and make a case for--SEA and LAX---but SFO? Not so much. It would have to rely on O&D traffic and I am not sure it will fill a 76 seater every day.

Concerning Southwest: my experience has been right the opposite. I know many business people who like and travel Southwest and are hoping for more service in MKE.
SFO might work and if anyone knows if it has a chance it is Delta. They funnel a lot of MKE traffic through their hubs now.

I hope you are right about Southwest.... I just booked a nonstop to LAS for the spring. This will be my first flight on Southwest. Frontier was cheaper, but I had to connect in DEN. I tried that route three times in the past. Every single time I was delayed getting to DEN or delayed at DEN for hours on end. I told myself "never again".
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I have a business associate who lives in LAS and is a big Southwest fan. He takes it to MKE often. Says it is always on time which is what he is looking for.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 4:22 pm

Recent JS article on MKE Airport

http://www.jsonline.com/business/air...175608601.html

Mitchell airport director looks to Southwest to drive nonstop flights
By Joe Taschler of the Journal Sentinel

The future of nonstop commercial airline service in Milwaukee is likely to be closely linked with Southwest Airlines, the airport's director told members of the business community Wednesday.

"Our wagon is really hitched to Southwest for future nonstop air service," airport director Barry Bateman told members of the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce and Greater Milwaukee Committee at a breakfast meeting downtown. "We are really wed to them. And happily so.

Last edited by MikeFromMKE; Oct 25, 2012 at 9:09 pm Reason: Even with the link, copy and pasting an entire article is not allowed.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by tvnwz
Agreed. If additional DL flights are primarily mainline or even E170, I might favor DL. But if given the choice between CRJ/ERJ and a Southwest 737...I'm taking the full-size jet.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 6:49 am

New option to print boarding pass

Running late and dont yet have your boarding pass? Mitchell Airport is here to help! Check out our new boarding pass printing station, located at the Airport Information desk in the concession mall. Use the touch screen to quickly print your boarding pass for any airline before heading to your gate. Its one more way we try to make your air travel from MKE as easy as possible.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:24 am

Starting tomorrow WN takes over another batch of FL flights. Have they consolidated in C yet or is it pretty imminent?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.