Reload this Page >

Former Baltimore Airspace Lounge reopened as The Club BWI May 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Former Baltimore Airspace Lounge reopened as The Club BWI May 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
...and now it looks to be closed indefinitely for repairs according to the PP website
Old Jun 11, 2022, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ekozie
...and now it looks to be closed indefinitely for repairs according to the PP website
What does one have to repair in a lounge that requires indefinite closure?

David
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by DELee

David
It would be nice if it were expanding into the concessions on either side of it. The lounge is in the same footprint of the United Club (or Red Carpet Club to be more precise) that was there through maybe '08 and mostly the same footprint of the US Air Club and Piedmont President Club that was in that space going back to the 80's. People use lounges more these days obviously,
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP

David
Unsure, but may be flying out of BWI next week and not happy about the closure.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
It would be nice if it were expanding into the concessions on either side of it. The lounge is in the same footprint of the United Club (or Red Carpet Club to be more precise) that was there through maybe '08 and mostly the same footprint of the US Air Club and Piedmont President Club that was in that space going back to the 80's. People use lounges more these days obviously,
Originally Posted by ekozie
Unsure, but may be flying out of BWI next week and not happy about the closure.
As a former frequent UA flyer in and out of BWI when the RCC/UC still operated, the trials and travails of this space are disheartening to say the least.

David
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:07 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My brother tried to stop by this morning and found it closed for repairs. Very strange indeed.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:51 pm

I've heard from multiple sources that they've had massive plumbing/water issues for quite some time and finally couldn't put off fixes any longer, which is the reason for the sudden and indefinite closure.

But, they have announced they're reopening on either June 30 or July 1...depending on which announcement or website you see.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:54 pm

After many years away from the Priority Pass program, Club Chesapeake lounge in the E concourse is back in the program with limited hours.

Club Chesapeake Lounge BWI Airport

The lounge is owned by BA and managed by an independent company hence the short operating hours. I suspect this is why they are back on PP again as many smaller/lesser used BA lounges were added to the PP program.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by HockeyCoachBen
I've heard from multiple sources that they've had massive plumbing/water issues for quite some time and finally couldn't put off fixes any longer, which is the reason for the sudden and indefinite closure.

But, they have announced they're reopening on either June 30 or July 1...depending on which announcement or website you see.
So, The Club is now officially re-opened. Wondering if anyone has been in the last couple of days to report back and what, if anything, has changed? All of my travel recently has been DL out of DCA so I haven't been back to BWI in a while.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
So, The Club is now officially re-opened. Wondering if anyone has been in the last couple of days to report back and what, if anything, has changed? All of my travel recently has been DL out of DCA so I haven't been back to BWI in a while.
Plumbing problems would not surprise me and it would not be the first time. I used to be the General Manager for Spirit Airlines at BWI and my office, conference room, and operations office were directly below The Club. Let's just say when they were renovating to open it after Airspace, I got all new ceiling tiles a couple of times. One day my operations agent got nearly doused by a jam in the drainage system at the bar's soda dispenser that overflowed somewhere in the floor and evacuated itself through the drop ceiling a few feet from her desk.

I think it's indicative of just very old infrastructure behind the scenes. Same issues when they built out Phillips (and I was able to give up a wasted portion of gate square footage for its "patio" area). Except that was a slop sink that kept having pipes leak with some big failures and it went into an adjacent garage underneath housing my aircraft maintenance team's tooling and fabrication shop. I know far too much about the utilities in that part of the building.... don't get me started on the electrical infrastructure....
HockeyCoachBen likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JAXPax
Plumbing problems would not surprise me and it would not be the first time. I used to be the General Manager for Spirit Airlines at BWI and my office, conference room, and operations office were directly below The Club. Let's just say when they were renovating to open it after Airspace, I got all new ceiling tiles a couple of times. One day my operations agent got nearly doused by a jam in the drainage system at the bar's soda dispenser that overflowed somewhere in the floor and evacuated itself through the drop ceiling a few feet from her desk.

I think it's indicative of just very old infrastructure behind the scenes. Same issues when they built out Phillips (and I was able to give up a wasted portion of gate square footage for its "patio" area). Except that was a slop sink that kept having pipes leak with some big failures and it went into an adjacent garage underneath housing my aircraft maintenance team's tooling and fabrication shop. I know far too much about the utilities in that part of the building.... don't get me started on the electrical infrastructure....
Glad you survived all that and lived to post on FlyerTalk!

David
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:01 pm

We visited early on 4th of July and the Club seems to be back to normal operations. It is nothing that special as a lounge, but it is a quieter place than the terminal. The Espresso machine was broken, but coffee was available from a pump type thermos. The usual modest food offerings.
HockeyCoachBen likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by drseagrass
We visited early on 4th of July and the Club seems to be back to normal operations. It is nothing that special as a lounge, but it is a quieter place than the terminal. The Espresso machine was broken, but coffee was available from a pump type thermos. The usual modest food offerings.
Wow! So nothing changed from before the closure for "repairs". The espresso machine is ALWAYS broken. Has been for years!
Old Jul 24, 2022, 6:39 am

Wow! So nothing changed from before the closure for "repairs". The espresso machine is ALWAYS broken. Has been for years!
Got the answer to my own question this morning...lounge worker said the airport maintenance area above The Club had a severe leak and the whole club flooded one night. Had to replace the carpet, some drywall and some electrical fixtures plus re-do paint and wallpaper in certain areas. No other fixes made.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
I've got a rather long 4 hour layover in BWI; its on Southwest. I know i won't be in terminal d so I'll have to reclear security twice. I've got clear and precheck so I'm not worried about time. Will they allow me into Terminal D? I'm assuming if TSA lets me through the club won't have an issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.