Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Former Baltimore Airspace Lounge reopened as The Club BWI May 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jhalapin
Looks like US Air has move to Siberia in terminal C and there's no connector to D.

Bummed.
Aw, that would be a shame.

BTW, this lounge is OK, not great. Honestly, it's best utility is grabbing a free "to go" box of decent food for your flight (both the cheese plate and the charcuterie plate are better than any inflight coach meal you can buy). I guess you could have an alcoholic drink instead. Overall atmosphere of the lounge is only OK, and there's barely any free snacks or anything.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:15 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Flying out of BWI soon, but on Southwest. Figured if I get to the airport early, I would potentially drop by the Airspace lounge to check it out.

So if I drop off my checked bag at the A/B concourse, how long does it take to walk over to D security? Hard to tell on the airport map, but counting airline counters...maybe 10 min? Mebbe more?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The walk is very short, just a few minutes but you will need to clear security to enter each terminal so that must factor into your plans.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:37 pm

Thank you for the info! ^

Took about 3 min to walk between Airspace Lounge and Concourse D security.

Then another 4-5 minutes to walk to Concourse B Pre-Check. Pretty easy.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JY1024
Thank you for the info! ^

Took about 3 min to walk between Airspace Lounge and Concourse D security.

Then another 4-5 minutes to walk to Concourse B Pre-Check. Pretty easy.
Aw, jeez -- two TSA screenings? Not sure it's worth it for a free charcuterie plate from the AirSpace lounge (which would be nice for my upcoming WN flight).

BTW, I didn't realize that WN participates in Pre-Check. If I enter my known traveler number, could I get pre-check from WN? If so, and I could do the Pre-Check lines, AND have the extra time, I might go for it. At least if I'm hungry.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
Aw, jeez -- two TSA screenings? Not sure it's worth it for a free charcuterie plate from the AirSpace lounge (which would be nice for my upcoming WN flight).

BTW, I didn't realize that WN participates in Pre-Check. If I enter my known traveler number, could I get pre-check from WN? If so, and I could do the Pre-Check lines, AND have the extra time, I might go for it. At least if I'm hungry.
Definitely not worth it just for the $7 credit. But it's an option if you want somewhere quiet to wait (instead of Concourse A/B mayhem and constant announcements) or just need a place to work for a little bit before/after your flight.

Food and beverage amenities are sparse/basic, but on-par with most domestic lounges: soda machine, coffee, tea, apples, chex mix.

And yes, WN does participate in Precheck at most airports. You'll see the TSA Pre symbol on your boarding pass. (I was flying on a Sunday, so lots of leisure travelers. On the plus side, easy to snag an exit row on the plane. ^ On the down side, they have no idea how to go through the Precheck lane. )

Concourse B has the full Precheck lane - e.g., dedicated lane, dedicated x-ray belt and WTMD. Concourse D had a sign saying the Precheck lane was out of service , so they had the "faux Precheck" system: you still get in line with everybody else, but when you get your boarding pass checked, you'll be given a stamp (or voucher if you're using a mobile boarding pass). You still have to take your laptop and liquids out, but you get to keep your shoes on and go through the WTMD instead of the full-body scanner.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, JY1024. I've got a WN flight out of BWI next month so I'll put in my known traveler number and see what happens.

A pity about the Lounge being in the wrong terminal. Honestly, given how crummy domestic service is on the legacy carriers these days, one of the few things I miss on WN is lounge access. But I think you're right -- it's not worth an extra TSA screening -- even a pre-check one -- to get the access.

I have been to the Air Space lounge at BWI once before (I was flying an airline in the same concourse), and I thought it was pretty poor from a "place to relax" standpoint. Just small and relatively uncomfortable. I had a similar impression of their lounge at the JetBlue terminal at JFK -- but, heck, ANY lounge there was a good thing. Honestly, the free sandwich was the best attribute (especially on the food-less domestic flights of today). But unless I have all the time in the world, it's probably not worth the extra screen.
Old May 12, 2015, 11:31 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Used the lounge again last weekend when flying United. Very pleasant experience checking in with the agent. Nice selection of beers as well as liquor and the cold meat plate was delicious. The $17 credit covers a beer and an appetizer quite well.

On the bad side, I'd say the lounge is still too small and can get crowded too easily. Thankfully, the Wifi is working better than it used to be. Though I do wish there were more outlets.
Old May 12, 2015, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Used the lounge again last weekend when flying United. Very pleasant experience checking in with the agent. Nice selection of beers as well as liquor and the cold meat plate was delicious. The $17 credit covers a beer and an appetizer quite well.

On the bad side, I'd say the lounge is still too small and can get crowded too easily. Thankfully, the Wifi is working better than it used to be. Though I do wish there were more outlets.
$17 credit? Have they upped it?
Old May 13, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iahphx
$17 credit? Have they upped it?
Not sure, but that's what they said it was when I got in. It might be because there were two of us. This is what it paid for:

Old May 25, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Lounge is closing May 27 2016

I'm in the lounge now and was told by staff that the lounge will close for good this Friday.. May 27 2016.

When ever I fly out on UNITED at BWI I pay for this lounge just to get some work done.

But will be no more..
Old May 26, 2016, 7:22 am

I've heard from various sources (Inside Flyer to name one) that the lounge will be replaced by a different lounge, hopefully one that also takes PP
Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:26 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I used it once, and thought nothing big or adverse about it. Not surprised its closing given the demographic at BWI as a whole.

And, yah, its no longer listed on their internet homepage. Oh well. I haven't had a chance to use it since AA moved from D to C anyhow.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Was there yesterday. It's closed.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
is Airspace Lounge @ BWI closed?

yes or no? there was a sign on it when I went there two weeks ago but the line to Dunkin' Donuts stretched past the door and I didn't want to fight traffic to see what the sign said. any info? any other lounge options at BWI? too bad, the lounge wasn't winning any awards but it was SOME kind of option besides the terminal......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.