Former Baltimore Airspace Lounge reopened as The Club BWI May 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Former Baltimore Airspace Lounge reopened as The Club BWI May 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:11 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
About 10-12 guests in there this morning ~6:15am, which didn't seem to bad considering how long the lines were at TSA. The seats on the right in BlueEngineer's photo have a view of NK/WN operations in the alley between C/D. Should have stayed there, because my flight is now delayed :-/
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:53 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the picture and updates!

Based on my recollection of the old Airspace lounge, you'd be pushing it if you had more than 30 people in there. Seems like they made minimal layout changes, with perhaps the exception of some wooden partitions.

Sounds like standard meh offerings of "The Club" and "The Lounge." Lounge is better than no lounge, but seems pretty mediocre.

Also noticed that with the addition of "The Club," the Priority Pass website has removed the Cheasapeake Club as an offering.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Packed to capacity tonight -- there's a waiting list to get in.

If anyone else is around, or on the delayed UA2059, feel free to ping me
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not a bad lounge, but not a great lounge either. Drinks are better than the food (cup of soup, and pita with hummus). But, hey, for BWI, it is great! Wish you could get there from the WN gates without having to go through security twice.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Spent an hour here last Sunday while waiting on my train. I was there from 10 AM to 11 AM and the bar was fully stocked with free cocktails for all. They had out a crudite and hummus stand as well as snacks including Cup of Noodles, popcorn, Jelly Beans and the like. The lounge was really empty too:

q
hi55us likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Looks like a substantial improvement over the former Airspace lounge.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
I spent about half an hour here this morning. Four observations:
  • It's really small--CMK10's pictures cover pretty much all of it.
  • In addition to the food you see in those shots (yes, it's the domestic-airport-lounge Holy Trinity of hummus, olives and pasta salad), it has an esoteric selection of popcorn that includes a dill-pickle flavor. Try it; you might like it!
  • The beer selection includes Sam Adams, Kirin and Sapporo, so if you're not too much of a beer snob--as in, not me--you'll drink better for free than you would at most U.S. lounges.
  • Service was really good. While I ducked into the restroom, one of the waiters brought my drink to a table I'd occupied for maybe 30 seconds before; he must have made a mental note of me leaving my luggage there before heading over to the bar.
Old May 15, 2018, 3:36 pm

Full house again tonight in the D terminal -- most of the restaurants are full. The Club was holding people back until seats became available, but unlike a previous experience, no offer to waitlist/text/call when space opens up. Gave up and retreated to the Greene Turtle.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
Full house again tonight in the D terminal -- most of the restaurants are full. The Club was holding people back until seats became available, but unlike a previous experience, no offer to waitlist/text/call when space opens up. Gave up and retreated to the Greene Turtle.
Yikes! It would really annoy me to show up at this lounge and be turned away. I don't need unpredictable lounge admission. I usually fly from BWI in the early evening. Like I'm at the terminal between 5 and 6 pm. I assume that's "crunch time" at the lounge? I've seen it repeatedly busy at that time -- to the point where I've had to ask clueless guests to remove their stuff from other chairs so I could sit -- but I've never seen a "full house."
Old May 16, 2018, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
Yikes! It would really annoy me to show up at this lounge and be turned away. I don't need unpredictable lounge admission. I usually fly from BWI in the early evening. Like I'm at the terminal between 5 and 6 pm. I assume that's "crunch time" at the lounge? I've seen it repeatedly busy at that time -- to the point where I've had to ask clueless guests to remove their stuff from other chairs so I could sit -- but I've never seen a "full house."
Yesterday might have been anomalous -- I think there was weather in the area which, although it did not directly affect BWI, might have had spillover effects and delayed a bunch of flights? I thought I vaguely overhead people complaning about delayed flights but did not scrutinize the departure board. My flight left the gate on time, though we did sit in the penalty box for ~15 minutes.

It is such a tiny space however that it doesn't take much of an event like that type, to cause it to fill up.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Does this offer Amex platinum access? Or just PP?

(Yes, I know that plat comes with PP, but my PP card hasn't arrived yet!!!)
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
This is now a Priority Pass lounge, unfortunately you'll need a priority pass card. You can download the priority pass app and try calling up Amex to get your PP membership number, but unfortunately you won't be able to get it with just a platinum card.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: UA
Im flying on WN out of Terminal A this evening around 8, but was planning to get to BWI early to check out the club. Has anyone had success getting passed security to get into Concourse D with a boarding bass of another terminal?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by wcallaha
Im flying on WN out of Terminal A this evening around 8, but was planning to get to BWI early to check out the club. Has anyone had success getting passed security to get into Concourse D with a boarding bass of another terminal?
I have no personal experience; I believe it's possible, but even if it is, IMO it's not really worth clearing security twice for.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by hi55us
Looks like a substantial improvement over the former Airspace lounge.
The "coffee", or whatever it is that they serve now that they claim to be coffee, is undrinkable. Airspace had really good coffee. Exceptionally good.

The food is now straight from Costco whereas that charcuterie plate of Airspace was very good from good brands.

The seating arrangement is worse than before and it is part of the reason we cant even get in now.

On the plus side:
I like the veggies (usually). Sometimes they're swimming in melted ice and it gets very gross.
Free unlimited alcohol.

The unlimited alcohol might make up for all the downsides--- or not b/c the coffee is really that bad now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.