Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Airport to Isla Mujures -- Approx Travel Time???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport to Isla Mujures -- Approx Travel Time???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2008, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Smile Airport to Isla Mujures -- Approx Travel Time???

We are flying into Cancun and arriving around 4:30 pm. While I am interested in Isla Mujures, I don't know how complicated/time consuming it is to get there from the airport. Anyone that's done that -- what's involved? Thanks
Old Mar 4, 2008, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Getting to Isla is easy. Take a taxi to Puerto Juarez and catch the ferry over. Once on Isal you might be able to walk to your hotel, depending on where it's located. We went to Isla twice but ut's been several years. Enjoyed it both time. Much more laid back than Cancun.

http://www.isla-mujeres.net/travelti...ng%20to%20Isla
Old Mar 4, 2008, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
We are flying into Cancun and arriving around 4:30 pm. While I am interested in Isla Mujures, I don't know how complicated/time consuming it is to get there from the airport. Anyone that's done that -- what's involved? Thanks
Very easy using public transportation if you don't have much luggage---no need for an expensive taxi, save your money for Negra Modelo and Leon!

At the airport take the ADO bus to the Cancn Centro terminal for around 35 pesos.
After arriving in Centro, exit the terminal, cross Av. Tulum (to the side where the supermarket is) and catch the R-1 bus. It runs all the time at maybe 5 minute intervals, and costs a huge 7 pesos.
Stay on the bus through Centro until you get to Gran Puerto (look for the lighthouse!). This is where the ferry leaves from and it will take you to the landing at Isla Mujeres. You can catch a putt-putt taxi from there to anywhere on the island.
I would allow 1 1/2 - 2 hours to get to Isla Mujeres this way...but the chance to get a taste of Centro is priceless!
Old Mar 4, 2008, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marais
I would allow 1 1/2 - 2 hours to get to Isla Mujeres
Hmmm....that's what I was afraid of Arriving @ 4:30 pm, getting luggage, and then spending two hours to get there... By the time you find your hotel, check in and drop your bags -- it'll have been a very long day. Thanks for the info -- will have to give it some tho't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.