Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:36 am
soy

Programs: various
Just thinking much of this thread may be moot when they launch Bonvoy next year. After what has happened in the past 6months, I would not put it past them to water down the lifetime benefits and/or rejig the qualification requirements. I know I am just speculating, but a lot of trust has been eroded, the 'no blackouts' reversal being the latest.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I don't think anyone knows what the cycle for MPG is for bumping the year counter today. The two programs had different routines and no bets on which one survived, or if either survived. I do not believe being combined or not is going to make a difference and the years will be calculated correctly (at least I'm hoping) once they do the January sweep. We won't know for sure until it's way too late.
Data point: I combined accounts in August, got 9 years combined Platinum. Hadn't yet earned Plat in 2018. Crossed 50 combined nights in September - years at platinum didn't update to 10. I reached 72 combined nights in November and done with stays for the year. Today, I selected my elite choice benefit of 5 elite nights aiming to get Plat Premier in case lifetime sweep fails me. The Marriott app updated instantly with Plat Premier status and 77 nights (website still shows 72 nights and Plat (not premier)). The app also now shows me at 10 years of platinum, but not the website (still 9 years there). I didn't check the app before making elite choice selection so I cannot be sure this triggered the update to 10 years at plat on the app.

So perhaps some people who are seeing their years at platinum updated for this years qualification, were triggered by an elite choice selection? If that is the case and anyone is wondering about why their years at plat didn't update after requalifying, consider making an elite choice selection as that *may* update your years at plat. Also clearly the website and app are not in perfect sync haha. Hoping the website updates to match the app soon.

I also now view the elite benefit choice selection deadline of Jan 14th as a possible reason why they changed the T&C to indicate that the lifetime status would be applied sometime in 2019 rather than Jan 1.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Varus50
Data point: I combined accounts in August, got 9 years combined Platinum. Hadn't yet earned Plat in 2018. Crossed 50 combined nights in September - years at platinum didn't update to 10. I reached 72 combined nights in November and done with stays for the year. Today, I selected my elite choice benefit of 5 elite nights aiming to get Plat Premier in case lifetime sweep fails me. The Marriott app updated instantly with Plat Premier status and 77 nights (website still shows 72 nights and Plat (not premier)). The app also now shows me at 10 years of platinum, but not the website (still 9 years there). I didn't check the app before making elite choice selection so I cannot be sure this triggered the update to 10 years at plat on the app.
The app is always ahead of the website by a day. Tomorrow the website should reflect what you see in the app.

The IT department at Marriott can somehow figure out how to read 'live' data for the app but the website data is fed through batch process once a day on a mainframe run by gerbils on wheels.

-RM
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeanie
Well, for one thing LTPP (for now) is easier to obtain than Hilton Lifetime Diamond. The 10 years of Diamond plus either 1000 nights or 2 million base points is a much higher threshold than 750 nights and either 10 years of platinum or 2 million MR points. It is a lot easier to get nights in Marriott with credit cards, rewarding events, etc. Also, with Marriott, bonuses and credit card points count towards the 2 million point total, but with Hilton they don't. In the past, when Marriott had rollover nights, some nights would basically count twice for lifetime status. I actually don't know how Hilton will count rollover nights in regards to lifetime Diamond.

Finally, Diamond is the only lifetime status that Hilton has. With Marriott, Silver lifetime at least keeps Marriott points from ever expiring. But obtaining some type of lifetime status is much easier at Marriott than Hilton or Hyatt. That is the point I was trying to make.
Ok, but I was referring to what you originally said which was:

Originally Posted by jeanie
Hilton and IHG, lifetime status at Marriott is much more generous.
I think it would have more accurate, given what you just wrote above, if you had said:

"Marriott is more generous with earning lifetime status than Hilton."

You left out the earning part, and as it was written, I read it as comparing the benefits of Hilton vs Marriott lifetime (once someone has lifetime status at one vs the other).
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA GS / 1MM, MR Ambassador / LTTE, Hertz Platinum
I am an SPG member that had a few marriott nights. When the merger happened. I was within reach of LTPP. Then something happened in the end of November where it took off like 25 nights. I was furiously working toward 750 nights to get the LTPP before it expired. I reach out to my ambassador and we had it all planned out. Long story short, they cant figure out where the nights when. I have screen shots of everything prior merger but because I didnt save my "e-statements" they arent willing to give me those nights. Now I will close out at 710 nights and miss LTPP.

Anyone know if there is a grace period or something that they will give me (I know, probably not). while I fight this. Very frustrated and the member of the "trasition team" they put me in touch with is terrible. Also my ambassador seems powerless in this whole ordeal. Any ideas?

P.S. I have the 10+ years so thats not the issue.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by Parikh1234
I am an SPG member that had a few marriott nights. When the merger happened. I was within reach of LTPP. Then something happened in the end of November where it took off like 25 nights. I was furiously working toward 750 nights to get the LTPP before it expired. I reach out to my ambassador and we had it all planned out. Long story short, they cant figure out where the nights when. I have screen shots of everything prior merger but because I didnt save my "e-statements" they arent willing to give me those nights. Now I will close out at 710 nights and miss LTPP.

Anyone know if there is a grace period or something that they will give me (I know, probably not). while I fight this. Very frustrated and the member of the "trasition team" they put me in touch with is terrible. Also my ambassador seems powerless in this whole ordeal. Any ideas?

When combining accounts some members had their 2018 SPG nights doubled. For some of us the nights were adjusted promptly, but others have had their LT nights corrected recently.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by rny321
When combining accounts some members had their 2018 SPG nights doubled. For some of us the nights were adjusted promptly, but others have had their LT nights corrected recently.
I had screenshotted my accounts prior to merge and post merge all the math worked out. The person I am talking to says they "cant get into Marriott history to verify the totals" on my marriott account prior to the merge. I think thats BS. I specifically confirmed with my ambassador the totals before I merged.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:19 pm

I had screenshotted my accounts prior to merge and post merge all the math worked out. The person I am talking to says they "cant get into Marriott history to verify the totals" on my marriott account prior to the merge. I think thats BS. I specifically confirmed with my ambassador the totals before I merged.
Perhaps you could send a PM with a copy of your screenshots to William or one of the other Lurkers.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:20 pm

Perhaps you could provide a copy of your screenshots to William or one of the other Lurkers.
I am not sure who William is, do you have his username?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:24 pm

SPG had several "Lurkers" who assisted posters with problems that weren't being solved by traditional channels. After the merger, they have continued to provide assistance to members of the combine program. Email: [email protected].
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

any other adjustments or corrections? Nights that may have mistakenly been credited? I had a huge junk which they took away ... some you win some you lose. Tough to track down at times.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:25 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
William is the (almost) Original SPG Lurker who has been most helpful to FT members for well over a decade.

He is out of office (hopefully enjoying a well deserved break) until January 3rd- but another Lurker should be able to assist you.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,

If you're at 710 nights, even if they credit back the 25 nights they removed, aren't you still at 735, which is 15 short of 750?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by swag
If you're at 710 nights, even if they credit back the 25 nights they removed, aren't you still at 735, which is 15 short of 750?
Thats been my issue. Would have glady booked the nights in December but I have been fighting to make sure I could get those 25 back. I didnt want to pay for 15 more nights for no reason if they werent giving me back the 25. Now its too late

Hope that makes sense. In an ideal situation, I would have just booked the 40 nights in November but it took SOOO long for anyone to even get back to me. I didnt want to drop a few thousand dollars if it wasnt going to happen to just get the nights.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:14 pm

SPG had several "Lurkers" who assisted posters with problems that weren't being solved by traditional channels. After the merger, they have continued to provide assistance to members of the combine program. Email: [email protected].
Thank you. I have sent an email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.