Wiki Posts
Search

W Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by JBG89
Hi folks,

Any word on plat treatment at this property?
None.

At least, if you set your expectations at none then you'll be delighted to get the two drinks vouchers and the minor corner room upgrade that I got a few weekends ago when I had to stay here because my favourite Le Meridien was full.

Considering all the great Plat benefits you get at every other SPG hotel (even the St.R give you happy hour drinks in the lobby) I concluded that the W Bangkok couldn't care less that SPG members stay there. Which is fine because I won't stay again.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: United GS/MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ftrichard
None.

At least, if you set your expectations at none then you'll be delighted to get the two drinks vouchers and the minor corner room upgrade that I got a few weekends ago when I had to stay here because my favourite Le Meridien was full.

Considering all the great Plat benefits you get at every other SPG hotel (even the St.R give you happy hour drinks in the lobby) I concluded that the W Bangkok couldn't care less that SPG members stay there. Which is fine because I won't stay again.
You don't even get free breakfast?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by supergabe
In lieu of 500 points, unlike the majority of other Starwood properties in BKK.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: TG Plat, AF Lifetime Plat , QR plat , SPG Lifetime Plat
The location of W Bangkok is absolute shite . Why would anyone want to stay there with so many better properties , most of tem cheaper , in the city ?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Lament
The location of W Bangkok is absolute shite . Why would anyone want to stay there with so many better properties , most of tem cheaper , in the city ?
I like being a little bit farther away from the hectic of Sukhumvit road, personally. It's a nice hotel and they always treat me well, so I like staying there. To each their own.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by supergabe
Sorry, yes, you're right. But it's that irritating 500 points *or* breakfast choice - sticking strictly to the bare minimum rules of the programme.

Most other SPG places I've stayed at in Bangkok, indeed Thailand, indeed Asia, give both the welcome points + breakfast.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Both times i stayed they said that it was 500 points for breakfast but ended up getting the points and breakfast. There are often good BRG rates on this hotel. Even though they are stingy on drinks they gave me a half price voucher, They do some pretty awesome cocktails and the wife got some great pictures of drinks that cost the price of a normal drink in a bar. We literally walked a few times to Patpong market and the BTS is conveniently accessed from the building opposite the hotel. If you arent planning on making use of a lounge its a perfectly satisfactory offering but it depends what you value.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:06 pm

While I'm not the biggest fan of this hotel (is there one?), I do appreciate Management keeping the pool open 24/7. Nothing beats a late night dip after a long day in the city, whilst enjoying underwater beats.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Any recent data points for platinum upgrades? I've stayed at this property four times in 3 years and basically got zero upgrades... Although this year I'm Plat 100. Got upgrades often at LM, plaza Athenee, STR, and SGS...
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
Any recent data points for platinum upgrades? I've stayed at this property four times in 3 years and basically got zero upgrades... Although this year I'm Plat 100. Got upgrades often at LM, plaza Athenee, STR, and SGS...
I was there in July for the weekend and got a corner room. Big deal. Thanks for the effort. Not coming back.

I get the impression that the W Bangkok couldn't care less about SPG Platinums. Now, the W Guangzhou on the other hand, rolled out the red carpet :-).
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Originally Posted by ftrichard
I was there in July for the weekend and got a corner room. Big deal. Thanks for the effort. Not coming back.

I get the impression that the W Bangkok couldn't care less about SPG Platinums. Now, the W Guangzhou on the other hand, rolled out the red carpet :-).

Gotcha... Not that I am really expecting or feeling entitled for an upgrade but as frequent traveler you'd start noticing the little things and that "little thing" tells me that my upgrade chance at the W is about the same at Aloft which is zero...... haha. LM, SGS, PA, STR all have upgrade chance higher than 0% experienced at W lol.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
IME, W bangkok is by far the worst W hotel in Asia. (Samui, Bali, Hong Kong, Taipei, Singapore)

I said this as a local BKK resident.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
IME, W bangkok is by far the worst W hotel in Asia. (Samui, Bali, Hong Kong, Taipei, Singapore)

I said this as a local BKK resident.
What do you think that they should improve?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UASPG
What do you think that they should improve?
Platinum recognition and also overall service should be improved immediately.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:06 pm

I've always gotten great service there, the staff has gone above and beyond for me on all my stays there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.