Wiki Posts
Search

W Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by FlyTheFriendlyMonkey
Funny, I was just thinking how odd this building looked.
And don't forget the elephant building, not too far away.

Old Sep 18, 2016, 11:28 am

I stayed at this hotel back in Feb and overall found it very good.

However the drink voucher we recieved (when checking in for Plat status) excluded a bloody gin and tonic!
Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
And don't forget the elephant building, not too far away.

Ha! I never noticed that before. Where is it?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyTheFriendlyMonkey
Ha! I never noticed that before. Where is it?
as a local resident, i can tell that this building is VERY FAR from W Bangkok, in the opposite side of the city, not in central CBD. i rarely been to that neighborhood, can't remember when was the last time. Too far from sukhumvit area where i live. however it's quite close to Don Muang airport.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Nice view of the robot/tron building across the way.
The building next to it lights up and does a nice light show too. Caught my eye from the window when soaking in the tub. Pretty cool.

Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:16 pm

Completed another stay here, five nights. Wonderful stay. Definitely my favorite hotel in Bangkok.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
The elephant building is in the north of the city, a bit further out from JJ market. There is a robot building which is quite cool and just down the road from the W at Sathorn.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by newshound
The elephant building is in the north of the city, a bit further out from JJ market.
If you're traveling into the city from DMK on the expressway, you'll have some good views of the elephant building on your left.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:31 am

I don't know why I continued to book this hotel. My last 2 stays were less than stellar, but the 3rd one was not off to a good start. My biggest complaint about this property is still the poor insulation of the windows. If the room is facing the train, the noise can be rather annoying. Here's hoping to not stay here anymore.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I don't know why I continued to book this hotel. My last 2 stays were less than stellar, but the 3rd one was not off to a good start. My biggest complaint about this property is still the poor insulation of the windows. If the room is facing the train, the noise can be rather annoying. Here's hoping to not stay here anymore.
yes the train noise was pretty bad and the doors slamming can easily heard in room.
why not stay somewhere else?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:47 pm

Just completed a stay this week - my first - and must say it's a mixed reaction.

Room is large with with large floor to ceiling windows but the psychedelic white-black-purple colour scheme isn't to my taste.

The rooms have done away with the bathroom division and instead had a thick curtain should you wish to close it. Which is fine by me since I was alone, though I imagine such set up won't be suitable unless you're staying with someone intimate. But the grey shower curtain with blings take a while to get used to. Also I would've liked more hanging knobs around the bathroom

What annoyed me was the hotel didn't provide moisturiser amongst the usual toiletries in the room. When housekeeping was contacted the answer was they've run out. No replacement was offered. Full stop. Only when I demanded suddenly tubes of Bliss moisturiser were delivered to the room. Is this the new norm? I had paid for the room and expected full amenities... hence should a hotel run out, it surely is their obligation to source a local brand to replace automatically... and not just give an excuse that they've run out and omit the item completely when housekeeping cleans the room or worse, not proactively offer when a guests calls to request.

Last edited by carrotjuice; Feb 14, 2017 at 10:56 pm
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: N/A
This hotel is requiring a 5 night min for a corporate stay (According to the res agent) with a notice that cancellation is up to 6pm day of arrival.

If i book 3 nights only, the rate jumps up to over double.

Would it be acceptable to book 5 nights and cancel the last 2 nights after staying for 3? It does not stay a 5 night minimum stay at all in the terms either, just a 1 night forfeiture if cancelled after 5pm day of arrival...

Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
anyone stay at the wow or ewow suites lately? Give us your total all in price per night.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by JBG89
This hotel is requiring a 5 night min for a corporate stay (According to the res agent) with a notice that cancellation is up to 6pm day of arrival.

If i book 3 nights only, the rate jumps up to over double.

Would it be acceptable to book 5 nights and cancel the last 2 nights after staying for 3? It does not stay a 5 night minimum stay at all in the terms either, just a 1 night forfeiture if cancelled after 5pm day of arrival...

Thanks!
There might be an early departure charge (usually 1 night's room rate) which you can probably find in the hotel's general terms and conditions, but not in the rate conditions.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: N/A
Hi folks,

Any word on plat treatment at this property?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.