Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by socrates
Bill does not have email but can be reached at the following address

J. Willard Marriott Jr.
Chairman/CEO
Marriott International, Inc.
10400 Fernwood Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
Thanks il drop by
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by socrates
Bill does not have email but can be reached at the following address

J. Willard Marriott Jr.
Chairman/CEO
Marriott International, Inc.
10400 Fernwood Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
Are you sure he doesn't have email? Or is it that no one knows it? There must be a way he gets news/content delivered fast. Unless that's called "Secretary" lol
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Every time I read the title to this thread, I keep hearing it in "Peggy from Capital One's" voice.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by living near shamu
Are you sure he doesn't have email? Or is it that no one knows it? There must be a way he gets news/content delivered fast. Unless that's called "Secretary" lol
I'm 100% positive....but yes you are correct, his personal admin DOES have email (I could be wrong but I thought he blogged about not having email in the past as well)....every time he's asked why he doesn't have it his answer is "I prefer the personal touch when people contact me"
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
I'm currently staying at a MVCI property. Just realized that I was never offered the platinum arrival gift at check-in. The person checking me in never mentioned it or acknowledged me as a platinum. Since the only choice is points at MVCI properties, am I entitled to the $100 for their omission at check-in? Granted they could still post the points to my account without mentioning it at check-in. However, the rules state a $100 benefit at MVCIs for no arrival gift. I guess my question is whether or not the cash penalty is based on the property mentioning/offering it at check-in or rather if the points actually get posted? The latter makes no sense to me since you only have until check-out to evoke the cash penalty and you wouldn't know if the point post until a few days after the stay.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:16 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
My issue came to a resolution today when i received a direct call from the GM at Sydney harbour marriott.

He apologized for the lateness of his call due to being away on business which was fine. He did admit people make mistakes in relation to my free breakfast and because i made the booking under LNF their office changed my rate without breakfast in their operating system. I had to forward the email to him showing the LNF booking which states breakfast inclusive.

The $100AUD was granted even tho he told me i asked for points which he thought odd as my stay is set to mile for the US GS . He also refunded the $70 i paid for breakfast. Internet charges as well which i said not to bother $5.50.

As a gesture of good will he offered me a return visit back to the property comped to show me what the SHM is capable of . He is sending a letter in writing i should receive next week.

The plat help desk was very helpful throughout and once the period of 3-5 business days the hotel had to respond expired PD was forwarding the issue onto Mr marriott's desk. I received a phone call half hour later.

My advice to others is keep copies of emails if you do the LNF especially if you have a room package. In regards to the $100 compensation for the "No welcome gift guarantee" it was the toughest $100 i ever had to make . I actually spent more money on phone call to the US then the $100.

Last edited by Shanye2233; Oct 6, 2011 at 4:22 am
Old Oct 7, 2011, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
My issue came to a resolution today when i received a direct call from the GM at Sydney harbour marriott.

He apologized for the lateness of his call due to being away on business which was fine. He did admit people make mistakes in relation to my free breakfast and because i made the booking under LNF their office changed my rate without breakfast in their operating system. I had to forward the email to him showing the LNF booking which states breakfast inclusive.

The $100AUD was granted even tho he told me i asked for points which he thought odd as my stay is set to mile for the US GS . He also refunded the $70 i paid for breakfast. Internet charges as well which i said not to bother $5.50.

As a gesture of good will he offered me a return visit back to the property comped to show me what the SHM is capable of . He is sending a letter in writing i should receive next week.

The plat help desk was very helpful throughout and once the period of 3-5 business days the hotel had to respond expired PD was forwarding the issue onto Mr marriott's desk. I received a phone call half hour later.

My advice to others is keep copies of emails if you do the LNF especially if you have a room package. In regards to the $100 compensation for the "No welcome gift guarantee" it was the toughest $100 i ever had to make . I actually spent more money on phone call to the US then the $100.
Thanks for letting us know how it worked out, and glad it did work out.

The advice to keep copies of emails, printouts of reservations, etc, is always a good one.

Cheers.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Lying IS a big deal. Make sure you get what's owed you.

Cheers.
I called the hotel and they said they'd send me a check. Let's see what happens.

As I said the whole thing seems kind of dumb. If the idea is to get the hotels to focus on doing their jobs it doesn't seem to be working out that well since the main effect seems to be causing friction with their most frequent customers when the hotel balks at ponying up.

Whatever I guess.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat
Algonquin

I'm on week 2 at The Algonquin in NYC and both check-in's, they've noted my Platinum status and given me the card to fill out. The first check-in, I took points, and they put the card back in the stack. Today, I took the amenity and selected the cheese and wine. I didn't have to sign anything, but they put my name and time I requested the amenity to be delivered.

They delivered a substantial plate (enough for 3 people, easy) of cubed cheddar and monterey jack cheese along with the baby bottle of Merlot. It's supermarket quality cheese, but, they made up for quality with quantity. Also had a few water crackers and a single large sliced strawberry. Not a bad thing to come back to after being up for 14 hours!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:03 pm

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere, but what is the official policy if the arrival gift is offered, points selected and then they are not posted? That was my scenario at Harbor Beach this past weekend.

Despite that, it was a great stay (complete with suite upgrade), but they did not add the 500 points.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
You have to call when the points do not post properly. There is no compensation when they do not post properly.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by VA1379
You have to call when the points do not post properly. There is no compensation when they do not post properly.
What VA1379 said. Marriott reps are good about adding the 500 points with no questions though - they must be used to it.

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:35 am

Programs: DL gold, Marriott Platinum, UA silver
I am at the JW Phuket. We did not get an arrival amenity (want points) or a king size bed. Does this property deal with those two guarantees?
Also gave us a hard up-sell at check in. Thought I was at a timeshare! Did not like that. Give it to me for loyalty, or don't, but don't give me a hard sell about how great the one bedroom is and how much smaller the room I booked is.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by flsunshineflyer
I am at the JW Phuket. We did not get an arrival amenity (want points) or a king size bed. Does this property deal with those two guarantees?
Also gave us a hard up-sell at check in. Thought I was at a timeshare! Did not like that. Give it to me for loyalty, or don't, but don't give me a hard sell about how great the one bedroom is and how much smaller the room I booked is.
I think you can only get $$ for one of the guarantees, not both.

Do you have a printout of your reservation showing your Marriott # & that you reserved a king bed? If not, get to an i-net terminal/printer & print your reservation & then take it to the front desk & ask for the $$. If they offer you a room change, take the $$ per Marriott policy - & then accept the room change.

After you've sorted that out, then talk to them about the 500 points Plat - or if you don't want the hassle of dealing with them after dealing with the other, just call Marriott when you return & get them to add the 500 points. They usually do so without any questions.

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL gold, Marriott Platinum, UA silver
Thank you. My reservation printout says I reserved a room with one king or two double beds. Does that count? With all other hotels when I have done that I get a king. That is the platinum guarantee. Right? Or, wrong?
Thank you for your help. I don't want to bring up an issue I don't deserve as communicating here is not as easy for me as in other places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.